Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Computers are beautiful in their own way... you guys ever seen a computer with a nice artistic touch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i certainly have now, op. looks like it could be the cover for an album about the beauty of computers, or one that was made using only computers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
As an aficionado of terrible threads, this one is 🤌

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

that computer looks pretty cool

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i've seen better

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
what chip is that? It's bothering my OCD that the top side has 9 pins and the bottom has 10, and the sides each have 8

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 3, 2021

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Poopernickel posted:

what chip is that? It's bothering my OCD that the top side has 9 pins and the bottom has 10, and the sides each have 8

idk but that's the die and connectors to the package, so the package itself will have an even number of pins on each side, likely power or gnd pins that are connected.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Poopernickel posted:

ocd, huh

anyway:

NOVELO – A Novel Fractional-N Synthesizer Concept

quote:

This paper describes a novel fractional-N synthesizer developed in the ESA project NOVELO. The radiation hard synthesizer can be used in down-converters and will be programmable between 8…12 GHz. Unlike other fractional-N synthesizers [1, 2] it features an improved VCO phase noise (8 dB better) close to -120 dBc/Hz @ 1 MHz offset, complete temperature compensation and a high linear PFD/charge pump. Furthermore, the NOVELO synthesizer will use a patented technique in order to suppress fractional spurs. This paper describes the function of NOVELO from a system point of view, shows first excellent measurements and provides an outlook performance.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve been wanting to cable manage my pentium 3 box and take some photos of it. weekend project maybe?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
thinking about how much i want to gently caress the photogenic computer and cum in it

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
at least take it to dinner first

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

autistic touch

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

ArfJason posted:

Computers are beautiful in their own way... you guys ever seen a computer with a nice artistic touch?

yes, I use an Apple Macintosh computer. they are stylish yet functional.

Barry White
Jun 28, 2008

Luke Skywalker kills Han Solo's son at the climax of Episode VII
computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we’re surrounded by them