Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Rose McGowan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

lol sorry but if she actually threatened power something would have been done a long time ago

i agree, she's 100% correct: so what?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
she was also in jawbreaker which i remember enjoying

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

really queer Christmas posted:

Ashamed to say Alyssa was a childhood crush of mine.

you don't have to tell anyone stuff like this, ya know?

The Nastier Nate posted:

jawbreaker only had three members

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivLt9cTaio

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
she was in Phantoms which also owned

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

please stop thinking that anyone who's name you've heard of online that you dont know in person is good. thanks,

American celebrity worship is very deeply ingrained

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Nastier Nate posted:

the sex scene in that film is with Marilyn Manson and they reportedly just hosed on camera and used it.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1436058945190187010

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1436108071886114822?s=20

https://mobile.twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1436424418880888834

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Sep 10, 2021

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
how dare she wear that blue wave in her name while she harms democrats

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Alobar posted:

jawbreaker only had three members

I saw them open for Fugazi in.... hoooo boy, I need a drink nevermind

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

how dare she wear that blue wave in her name while she harms democrats

I know, it owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Another Bill posted:

I saw them open for Fugazi in.... hoooo boy, I need a drink nevermind

I don’t think Ian Mackaye would approve

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

He'd be seeing red for sure

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This reminds me of the straight edge punk I was at the show with getting all huffy and indignant because I misspoke and called him Ian McKegan by accident. Lol what losers we were

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
He was great as Gandalf

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Awesome person.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Tucker's studio looks like the basement of a chain BBQ joint where they stick all the families with loud children.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gorson posted:

Tucker's studio looks like the basement of a chain BBQ joint where they stick all the families with loud children.

It looks like Daryl’s House the restaurant/venue owned by Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It looks like Daryl’s House the restaurant/venue owned by Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates

jesus god i can already hear a horribly butchered and not authorized reimagining of "you make my dreams" plays on local radio about ribs

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1436918444503404547?s=19

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

oy gevalt

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
We love a queen who supports poc

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1437145932848517121

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
So anti-Democrat they became a Republican, I have a single tear in my right eye encompassing all of the pride of the world.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_HUL3IUUAE7xYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Oof

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Sep 12, 2021

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Horseshoe theory proving true yet again.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

this sexual assault victim is freaking cancelled. the crime? hating democrats

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

this sexual assault victim is freaking cancelled. the crime? hating democrats

It's really shocking that she would turn on the party that shamed and actively retaliated against her for outting the man who sexually assaulted her.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's really shocking that she would turn on the party that shamed and actively retaliated against her for outting the man who sexually assaulted her.
lesser evil tho

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

(CNN)Larry Elder, a radio talk show host and the top Republican candidate in California's recall election, disclosed in 2011 episodes of his radio show that he had twice been accused of sexual harassment and forcefully denied the allegations.

In one instance, Elder recounted that, while he worked in private practice as an attorney in the 1980s, his employee accused him of hitting on her. Elder then defended himself by implying the woman was too unattractive for him to sexually harass.

"This woman who tried to break the contract, not to compete and then accused me of hitting on her," Elder said in one episode. "That's how, that's how she put it. If you had seen her, you would know that the picture would be a complete defense. I'm just saying."

Elder later said the claim, made while he owned and operated a legal executive search firm in the 1980s, was false and said the woman backed down when he threatened to sue her for defamation.

On the same episode, Elder also disclosed an incident while he hosted a Cleveland television program in which he encouraged a guest to show off his butt tattoo in front of two camerawomen. Elder was told to apologize or otherwise he would be fired.

In an interview with CNN's Joe Johns that aired Tuesday, Elder repeatedly said he did not recall disclosing two sexual harassment allegations against him, telling Johns that he's been "on the radio for 27 years" and have done "27,000 hours of radio."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics/kfile-larry-elder-sexual-harassment-allegations/index.html

quote:

PACIFIC PALISADES, Calif. — Alexandra Datig, the former fiancee and longtime radio producer for California GOP gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder, says she broke off an 18-month engagement with the conservative talk show host in 2015 after he waved a gun at her while high on marijuana.

Datig’s claim, which she regards as the culmination of a series of humiliating disputes that made her fearful for her safety and her ability to maintain her sobriety, comes as Elder has gained momentum in the recall to replace Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, with many observers counting him as the likeliest GOP alternative should voters decide to replace the incumbent.

But little is known about Elder’s personal life. Datig portrayed him as a marijuana user who would often become threatening or insistent with her, including in his repeated demands that she get a “Larry’s Girl” tattoo to show her devotion to him.

The alleged gun incident occurred in the midst of a heated conversation as their relationship was unraveling, according to Datig. “He was in the bedroom, and I was standing by the door,” she said. “We talked to each other.’’ He became silent, she said, and then slowly “walked over to the nightstand, opened the door, took out the gun,’’ a .45 pistol.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/19/elders-ex-fiancee-said-he-brandished-a-gun-at-her-506286

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Horseshoe theory but with sex criminals

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

New thread title meaning just dropped.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
larry elder stares in the face of america and says "no fat chicks"

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Lmao if newsom loses to this guy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MLSM posted:

Lmao if newsom loses to this guy

Is there any chance of electoral shenanigans turning Cali red or are the numbers just too skewed towards coastal shitlibs

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Schlonged Again posted:

New thread title meaning just dropped.

lmao. I dunno how I didn't see this twist coming

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Rose McGowan is right(wing)

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
So is newsom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is there any chance of electoral shenanigans turning Cali red or are the numbers just too skewed towards coastal shitlibs

Compare it to the recall that worked in 2003:

Arnold Schwarzenegger > Larry Elder

Gavin Newsom > Gray Davis (at least in terms of personal charm and charisma)

The Enron scandal is not as big as what's going on now, but it interrupted an otherwise stable and boring time in state politics and therefore stood out as a bizarrely incompetent failure. California's problems now (mainly COVID and rent) mirror the country's problems and are therefore difficult to blame on Newsom personally, even if his personal hypocrisy w/r/t outdoor events is pretty galling.

Newsom will win.

If it's close, this is very bad news for his electability for President. Democrats will ignore this warning sign like they always do.