Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

what are you personally gonna do about it?

Not listen to some liberal moron from massachussets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

ram dass in hell posted:

more angry that she spoke a bad thing about something that personally affects you than you are about the cabal of rapists and their enablers. she said the wrong thing so she can eat poo poo. This is literally what rape culture looks like lol

sincerely: I probably was overly harsh in my language, but practically who do you think helps more women dealing with the trauma of sexual assault on a daily basis? Rose or worker orgs primarily composed of women? (most public school teachers are women). I'm not talking about democrats here! I have no problem with what she's said about democrats! It'd just be nice if she didn't lump in one of the few last remaining orgs able to exert any kind of worker power with them :(

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lady Militant posted:

sincerely: I probably was overly harsh in my language, but practically who do you think helps more women dealing with the trauma of sexual assault on a daily basis? Rose or worker orgs primarily composed of women? (most public school teachers are women). I'm not talking about democrats here! I have no problem with what she's said about democrats! It'd just be nice if she didn't lump in one of the few last remaining orgs able to exert any kind of worker power with them :(

Agreed it would be nice if she agreed with me on everything and was a perfect revolutionary but I will settle for her being an imperfect person being impossibly brave in the face of insanely demented and evil people with vast means at their disposal used to attempt her total personal and professional ruination and will support her efforts to bring down as many powerful creeps as possible

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

Agreed it would be nice if she agreed with me on everything and was a perfect revolutionary but I will settle for her being an imperfect person being impossibly brave in the face of insanely demented and evil people with vast means at their disposal used to attempt her total personal and professional ruination and will support her efforts to bring down as many powerful creeps as possible

It is in fact her specific bravery you reference here that is what confuses me. If she is willing to speak truth to power when it comes to previously untouchable subjects, why does she fall in line with every other wealthy californian when it comes to education?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

what a change

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1296659798990172160?s=21

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1293340899209097216?s=21

https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1291599338066587649?s=21

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

shes right

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lady Militant posted:

why does she fall in line with every other wealthy californian when it comes to education?

because she's rich dumbass

material conditions don't suddenly not matter because she has correctly recognized that the democrats are a vile cesspit of rapist monsters. because someone agrees with her there doesn't mean everyone agrees with everything she's ever done or said on any topic, ever. and gently caress if I were here and had the entirety of the democratic party fight on the side of my rapist because they were all buddies who loved to hang out at fancy gala dinners and then take the lolita express to private islands to go rape kids I too would do find any ally I could in order to try and gently caress them up. who gives a poo poo what mcgowan thinks of teachers unions. christ.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lady Militant posted:

It is in fact her specific bravery you reference here that is what confuses me. If she is willing to speak truth to power when it comes to previously untouchable subjects, why does she fall in line with every other wealthy californian when it comes to education?

who gives a poo poo? why is it your responsibility to interrogate and approve every political opinion held by a rape victim pursuing justice

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

listen, i'd agree with you w/r/t punishing the monsters who protected your rapist but in july 2018 you told E! entertainment news that you thought m4a was a bad idea so unfortunately you're cancelled you dumb bitch

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

To further explain my point: the thread that ties together all the things that Rose has went through is class. the sickos that assaulted her and tried to ruin her life wouldn't have been protected/still protected if they didn't have the wealth they have! ergo making these people less wealthy would help make them less invulnerable, thus my confusion at her not choosing this path of attack

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

yeah no poo poo

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

listen, i'd agree with you w/r/t punishing the monsters who protected your rapist but in july 2018 you told E! entertainment news that you thought m4a was a bad idea so unfortunately you're cancelled you dumb bitch

except i agree with her about the democrats, thats the point here that iv said like 5 times. i don't understand this meme nobody on this forums thinks like this?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lady Militant posted:

To further explain my point: the thread that ties together all the things that Rose has went through is class. the sickos that assaulted her and tried to ruin her life wouldn't have been protected/still protected if they didn't have the wealth they have! ergo making these people less wealthy would help make them less invulnerable, thus my confusion at her not choosing this path of attack

idk, maybe ask her

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Lady Militant posted:

except i agree with her about the democrats, thats the point here that iv said like 5 times. i don't understand this meme nobody on this forums thinks like this?

Lady Militant posted:

she and all the hollywood anti-union freaks can eat poo poo i don't care if she says the direct to dvd villain governor is (obviously) bad

rose is right, but she's not the model for anticapitalist organizing or some poo poo and its insane to think she could be. buck wild to come in to the thread and post that a rape survivor should "eat poo poo" because she's a rich white californian actor and somehow not a marxist scholar but instead has bad opinions about unions. wow who could have guessed?!?!?!?!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lady Militant posted:

you're spending your time and posting energy to nitpick the finer political views of the rape victim, the meme is hyperbole to highlight the absurd participation in rape culture when you join in the chorus of insufferable monsters doing the same thing you are instead of doing literally anything else. you don't have to attack rose for being a rich person. you're choosing to.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lady Militant posted:

Everyone agrees that she'd have different opinions if her class wasn't rich. She has good opinions for someone who's class is that high, but obviously not perfect. Everyone is rallying in support for her because she's a rape victim going after her accusers and their collaborators - not because she's against the teachers union of California.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Rose is still redeemable politically imo https://twitter.com/rosemcgowan/status/1437269854940135429

Not to justify the endorsement but I can see why she may have felt that word would have gotten out more about Newsom's gross connections as a result

Also she's a real person and not fake like every other Hollywood dipshit so her saga is interesting much like glenn

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Lady Militant posted:

I scream and shout gently caress YOU! to every rape victim in the imperial core for this reason, too. Yes, they did get raped, but they are complicit in thousands of rapes and even murders in the Southern periphery, so they only deserve my scorn.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it isn't me that his eyes are at like 95% open in these shots right lol

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 19:32 on Sep 13, 2021

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

Rose is still redeemable politically imo

obviously the class criticism is fundamentally correct, and the reason she's so politically weird is because she's understands a truth that liberalism can't digest. I mean maybe she can eventually discover and understand a class analysis of her predicament but as she's a rich actress I'm not going to bet on it. unfortunately I think she'll just end up as one of those post-hippy cali cranks with contradictory political views. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Eh, if the topic is How To Stop This Impending Nuclear Meltdown, I probably wouldn't give much time to any opinions she puts forth, but I'm also not going to completely dismiss her for not being a nuclear physicist when the topic is actually Gavin Newsome: Threat or Menace, one where she does have some tragically relevant experience!

Like, fine, she's wrong about teachers' unions. Hell, she's even wrong about Larry Elder being a desirable political candidate through any lens whatsoever. But I certainly can't blame her for wanting the family that was complicit in her abuse destroyed by whatever means, and I see neither any reason nor any opportunity to otherwise solicit her for political advice.

Anyway, I don't live in California so my opinion on the whole thing is worth substantially less than hers regardless.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

lol at "moron achievement unlocked" go rose

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
class traitors are real and should be encouraged and empowered to further betray their class interests as much as possible but eeehhhh don't put too much faith in them, feet of clay and all that

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

smarxist posted:

class traitors are real and should be encouraged and empowered to further betray their class interests as much as possible but eeehhhh don't put too much faith in them, feet of clay and all that

This is also true of Glenn, Hasan, etc. and other "left" journos and figures who make lots of money

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I scream and shout gently caress YOU! to every rape victim in the imperial core for this reason, too. Yes, they did get raped, but they are complicit in thousands of rapes and even murders in the Southern periphery, so they only deserve my scorn.

that seems like it'd be a very mean thing to do, and i am not doing that

ram dass in hell posted:

you're spending your time and posting energy to nitpick the finer political views of the rape victim, the meme is hyperbole to highlight the absurd participation in rape culture when you join in the chorus of insufferable monsters doing the same thing you are instead of doing literally anything else. you don't have to attack rose for being a rich person. you're choosing to.

this conversation started because she trashed teachers unions introducing a candidate at a political event. specifically noting that fighting against teachers unions was a positive thing about the candidate. do you think that's like the same thing has combing over all of her tweets trying to cancel her or w/e?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

At least she just said an off-hand dumb thing. If she starts whining periodically about teacher's unions then yeah maybe I'd be more mad

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Yossarian-22 posted:

At least she just said an off-hand dumb thing. If she starts whining periodically about teacher's unions then yeah maybe I'd be more mad

That is unfortunately my worry, because the more she gets into electoral politics the more she'll be surrounded with who are a lot more gung-ho about crushing organized labor than they are actually seeing any sort of justice for victims of sexual assault/rape. A concern which I'm honestly surprised has people here on my home forum so angry, like, isn't half the succ zone thread about dems campaigning on feminist stances then being just as lovely as usual?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ram dass in hell posted:

also isn't it just a catch 22 because um she is a high profile person as a result and is bringing attention to the issue that underprivileged people are not able to, so that puts her in a unique position for better and worse because it's not an either/or

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
honestly I respect her levels of spite

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lady Militant posted:

That is unfortunately my worry, because the more she gets into electoral politics the more she'll be surrounded with who are a lot more gung-ho about crushing organized labor than they are actually seeing any sort of justice for victims of sexual assault/rape. A concern which I'm honestly surprised has people here on my home forum so angry, like, isn't half the succ zone thread about dems campaigning on feminist stances then being just as lovely as usual?

ya it rules how the solution to a party grinding out all its ideals in service to capital is to go to the other party and have all your ideals ground out in service to capital

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

StashAugustine posted:

ya it rules how the solution to a party grinding out all its ideals in service to capital is to go to the other party and have all your ideals ground out in service to capital

hey now a bunch of actors joined the cpusa and got blacklisted forever from the acting industry instead, theres that option to

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A weapon to surpass Kirsten Synema

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

honestly I respect her levels of spite

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

If you're using a rape victims trauma as a cudgel against the democrats because you're an angry little bitch instead of advancing an actual theory of power to affect positive change, you should save us all some time and just murder suicide an elite or something. or honestly just the suicide part would be fine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lib and let die posted:

A weapon to surpass Kirsten Synema

*A 4 star general, slamming his fist on the desk of the situation room*: WE HAVE A MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL DEFICIT!

*Another general, standing to the side of room with a knowing grin*: ... Not any more, sir ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

why don't you go suck another one of Glenn's cumloads out of a homeless brazillan teens rear end, you fat human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ayayayayyyyyy