Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
she and all the hollywood anti-union freaks can eat poo poo i don't care if she says the direct to dvd villain governor is (obviously) bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

Marx quote in the av, rape apologia in the post, you hate to see it folks

how is it rape apologia to say that i don't appreciate her attacking unions? like i said, whosmt even disagrees that gavin newsome is evil lmfao

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

cali dems and organized labor are not on the same side dipshit

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

I think the part where you said a rape victim can eat poo poo because you don't like that she said a bad thing about hollywood

?????? read my post

quote:

hollywood anti-union freaks

i was specifically referring to her being anti-teachers union. a stance which affects a lot of people im personally familiar with! it don't think it's a good thing gavins wife screwed her over??? but that doesn't give her a pass to poo poo on working people???

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

more angry that she spoke a bad thing about something that personally affects you than you are about the cabal of rapists and their enablers. she said the wrong thing so she can eat poo poo. This is literally what rape culture looks like lol

sincerely: I probably was overly harsh in my language, but practically who do you think helps more women dealing with the trauma of sexual assault on a daily basis? Rose or worker orgs primarily composed of women? (most public school teachers are women). I'm not talking about democrats here! I have no problem with what she's said about democrats! It'd just be nice if she didn't lump in one of the few last remaining orgs able to exert any kind of worker power with them :(

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ram dass in hell posted:

Agreed it would be nice if she agreed with me on everything and was a perfect revolutionary but I will settle for her being an imperfect person being impossibly brave in the face of insanely demented and evil people with vast means at their disposal used to attempt her total personal and professional ruination and will support her efforts to bring down as many powerful creeps as possible

It is in fact her specific bravery you reference here that is what confuses me. If she is willing to speak truth to power when it comes to previously untouchable subjects, why does she fall in line with every other wealthy californian when it comes to education?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

To further explain my point: the thread that ties together all the things that Rose has went through is class. the sickos that assaulted her and tried to ruin her life wouldn't have been protected/still protected if they didn't have the wealth they have! ergo making these people less wealthy would help make them less invulnerable, thus my confusion at her not choosing this path of attack

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

listen, i'd agree with you w/r/t punishing the monsters who protected your rapist but in july 2018 you told E! entertainment news that you thought m4a was a bad idea so unfortunately you're cancelled you dumb bitch

except i agree with her about the democrats, thats the point here that iv said like 5 times. i don't understand this meme nobody on this forums thinks like this?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

I scream and shout gently caress YOU! to every rape victim in the imperial core for this reason, too. Yes, they did get raped, but they are complicit in thousands of rapes and even murders in the Southern periphery, so they only deserve my scorn.

that seems like it'd be a very mean thing to do, and i am not doing that

ram dass in hell posted:

you're spending your time and posting energy to nitpick the finer political views of the rape victim, the meme is hyperbole to highlight the absurd participation in rape culture when you join in the chorus of insufferable monsters doing the same thing you are instead of doing literally anything else. you don't have to attack rose for being a rich person. you're choosing to.

this conversation started because she trashed teachers unions introducing a candidate at a political event. specifically noting that fighting against teachers unions was a positive thing about the candidate. do you think that's like the same thing has combing over all of her tweets trying to cancel her or w/e?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Yossarian-22 posted:

At least she just said an off-hand dumb thing. If she starts whining periodically about teacher's unions then yeah maybe I'd be more mad

That is unfortunately my worry, because the more she gets into electoral politics the more she'll be surrounded with who are a lot more gung-ho about crushing organized labor than they are actually seeing any sort of justice for victims of sexual assault/rape. A concern which I'm honestly surprised has people here on my home forum so angry, like, isn't half the succ zone thread about dems campaigning on feminist stances then being just as lovely as usual?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

StashAugustine posted:

ya it rules how the solution to a party grinding out all its ideals in service to capital is to go to the other party and have all your ideals ground out in service to capital

hey now a bunch of actors joined the cpusa and got blacklisted forever from the acting industry instead, theres that option to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Why is her stance on unions even mentioned in passing in a thread about her being mad about abuse? There's only one reason to even bring it up, and that's to subconsciously imply she deserved it for being a bad person.

she introduced larry eldar as the guy who taught her how corrupt and evil teachers unions are, nobody would have known she is anti-teacher union until she said so on national tv at a press conference