Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

Clearly submissions were not the answer, so lets just hit each other until one guy falls down

And THEN the submissions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mocchy is still so cool, another of those dudes who doesn't look anywhere near 50

e: and best sounding kicks this side of Kongoh

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 18, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ooowwww

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know he kicked the pad and not his actual shin but even so that sounded incredibly painful.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This was what I was hoping for, two dudes just smacking the crap out of each other

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shame it had to finish on a kind of awkward finish though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DARKNESS KAITO?!?!?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NOAH please update the picture of Kiyomiya so I don't keep initially mistaking him for Kenoh!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is good but it's kind of bizarre that it's a no-crowd show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I just can't take Kiyomiya seriously with this new attire. He went from the blonde bowl, to growing that out, and now a brown bowl. He looks 15 all over again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Manabu walking down those forearms to his upper chest..... forearms to the upper chest hurt!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kiyomiya's European uppercuts sound absolutely great. That top rope slam from Soya was also pretty cool

e: Kiyomiya has such a nice looking (and sounding) dropkick as well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really feel like they've structured this match with a live crowd in mind. All I can think is how much better it would be with people reacting, which is perhaps unfair but it's taking away from what is obviously a pretty drat good match.

Also loving hell that Kiyomiya dropkick.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy poo poo, a young guy won a match. I went 1-3 in my predictions today, how shameful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good match, that was definitely the right choice for the main event.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Good stuff

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Good match, that was definitely the right choice for the main event.

It definitely came alive in the second half when they started clubbing each other. Until that I had Mocchy/Inaba as my MOTN even with the finish.

Fun show all around, obviously I wish there was a crowd but i'm not opposed to this level of quality for the next two shows. Next one is in 22 hours, same start time as this had

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I caught up with the show this morning and I really liked that it picked up in sync with me getting my morning bearings, by the main event I was fully awake and invested. The second half of the show was very enjoyable.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Night 2

1) M Funaki vs Saito Akitoshi. Tenacious start between two veterans. They're feeling each other out in a way that's fascinating to watch. Funaki is in astonishing old guy shape. After a while they get the measure of each other and the fun really starts. This is a hard hitting hard grappling match where two cunning competitors try to outwrestle each other. Funaki wins and deserves to, but everything here looks good.

2) Sakuraba vs Kotaro Suzuki. Junior Heavyweight versus "heavyweight" here Sakuraba isn't necessarily more heavily built than Suzuki, but he's a heavyweight grappler. Suzuki is doing his level best and gets the upper hand several times, but he's heavily outclassed. Sakuraba wins, and looks good doing it, but Suzuki shows he belongs in this tournament

3) Moshizuki vs Inaba. I'm new to Inaba, but he is a well put together young man. Kind of gives me John Cena vibes. Mochizuki is built like a killer. How are all these fifty year olds in such great shape? Inaba lays the hurt down hard on Mochizuki in the early going but the cunning old bastard turns it round. Solid meaty strikes here, and it becomes a battle between youth and power on one side, and cunning and conditioning on the other. Ending was a bit awkward but Mochizuki deserved those points, and the match kicked butt.

4) Kaito Kiyomiya vs Manabu Soya. Kiyomiya has entered his goth phase. Dark hair works on him. After three "surprisingly mobile fiftysomething" matches, it's nice to have two actual younger guys beat the poo poo out of each other. And beat the poo poo out of each other they do. Soya is a good Noah musclebaby, and Kiyomiya has been granted powers through black hair dye. Jeez, Kiyomiya is throwing some mustard on his uppercuts these days. All in all a really solid match with a deserving winner.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just over an hour until tonights show, again on Wrestle Universe without crowds. Looking forward to Kenoh/Inaba the most, though I imagine the C&D block matches will give me the violence I crave, and hopefully Mutoh/Soya at lease doesn't go as long as Mutoh's last match did

A - Keiji Mutoh vs. Manabu Soya
B - Kenoh vs. Daiki Inaba
C - Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Kotaro Suzuki
D - Akitoshi Saito vs. Kazuyuki Fujita

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We are liveee!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

At least the preshow today was half the time it was yesterday, we're getting to the violence quicker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Some might say I have seen enough wrestling this weekend. They are right, but I will watch more anyway!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Curses, Mutoh has the main event. Settle in for a slow paced submission classic

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Some might say I have seen enough wrestling this weekend. They are right, but I will watch more anyway!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hopefully that youngster Fujita manages to beat old man Saito

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah, old man violence

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus Christ, just keep headbutting him until he dies :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They said Lawrence Tierney was dead but apparently he just went to Japan and started wrestling for NOAH.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fujita moves to 2-0, with his last match against Funaki
Saito moves to 0-2, with his last match against Kitamiya

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I appreciate Katsu making Suzuki seem like a threat in this, to the point where he's largely abandoned his kickplan in favour of submissions

e: seems I spoke too soon. Oooouuuuucch

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 19, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Loved the second half of that, even if I didn't believe Katsu would lose and be drawing dead for the final match.

Katsu moves to 1-1 with Sakuraba to go, Suzuki is at 0-2 with Tanaka left

e: and from 1 Kongoh kickboi to the other

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was great, just two guys beating each other raw for us, the viewers

Kenoh moves to 1-1 with Mocchy last, Inaba goes to 0-2 with Kashin last

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

C'mon Manabu, you're young(ish) and made of beef, you've got this!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

C'mon Manabu, you're young(ish) and made of beef, you've got this!

You jinxed him, that young beeftank was no match for the match twice his age

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mutoh moves to 1-0-1 with Kiyomiya to go (and he better fuckin lose that one), Soya moves to 0-2 with Sugiura left.

One more night of pretaped matches at the same time tomorrow, before two shows (Afternoon and Evening) next Sunday, hopefully both with fans. Assumedly the first will be on Abema and the second on WU, but neither are on the Universe schedule yet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Mutoh moves to 1-0-1 with Kiyomiya to go (and he better fuckin lose that one)

Kiyomiya is 25. Mutoh might legit just pull out a gun and shoot him in the dick.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

less than an hour until the (hopefully) last no crowd show. Kashin was perfectly watchable against Kenoh so hopefully he's fine here too, otherwise the other three matches look like a bunch of fun

quote:

A - Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Takashi Sugiura
B - Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Kendo Kashin
C - Masato Tanaka vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
D - Masakatsu Funaki vs. Masa Kitamiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah good, they fixed the busted audio before the matches started