Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Today's show is definitely the weaker card, but the Ace won't let us down. Stardom offer match should be half an hour before the main show starts and will be streamed on World this time which is nice.

September 4th at 4:00 EDT/9:00/17:00 JST

STARDOM Special Match:(Starts half an hour early):Lady C and Maika vs. Saya Kamitani and Momo Watanabe
Special Tag Match:Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask vs. L.I.J (Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI)
Special Single Match:YOH vs. SHO
Provisional KOPW 2021- No DQ I Quit Match:Chase Owens(h) vs. Toru Yano
Special Single Match:Kazuchika Okada vs. Jeff Cobb
IWGP US Heavyweight Championship:Hiroshi Tanahashi(c) vs. Kota Ibushi

September 5th at 2:00 EDT/7:00/15:00 JST

STARDOM Special Match:(Starts half an hour early):Syuri and Giula vs. Saya Kamitani and Momo Watanabe
Special Tag Match:CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii vs. United Empire (Jeff Cobb and Great-o-Khan)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Championship:Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Championship 3 Way:Dangerous Tekkers(c) vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI vs. L.I.J (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA)
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Robbie Eagles(c) vs. Hiromu Takahashi
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Shingo Takagi(c) vs. EVIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The start time on New Japan World is listed as 3:30 ET as opposed to 4 in the OP, are they just listing an earlier start time because of the Stardom pre-show match?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

The start time on New Japan World is listed as 3:30 ET as opposed to 4 in the OP, are they just listing an earlier start time because of the Stardom pre-show match?

That was my thinking since it's not a dark match this time. I did make sure to mention it in the match list

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

20 minutes left, looking forward to the Stardom showcase match. I enjoyed the Lady C match from the free show they had last week, hopefully she does well on a big stage

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
That's a lot of pressure for someone so early in her career. She's still very much on the limited rookie moveset

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 4, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here we go!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We are live with Chris and Kevin

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Logged in just in time for the Stardom offer match. Not familiar with Saya Kamitani but she looks cool as gently caress.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

What is this music?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stall_19 posted:

What is this music?

No idea, is the regular QQ music licensed?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

SG Bamboo posted:

No idea, is the regular QQ music licensed?

Nope

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I appreciate the warning and all but I'm.. not sure why they felt the need to spoil the show at all.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Chris spoiling Stardom results. Yeah, that'll put some butts in seats

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's super weird then, I quite liked the music Momo came out to last time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good work on the spoiler warnings from the English commentators.

Also loving hell, a Monster C reference :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maika is stronger than Syuri? Maika is stonger than Miu Watanabe ?!?!?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Big empty stadium is sad. gently caress covid

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kevin is all at sea on this.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Kevin is all at sea on this.

Taking us back to the JR days

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Duelling body slams. Fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kelly really not improvising well to cover for his technical issues.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

OK, that double suplex was great.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Everytime they mention Hayashishita I remember her dad was the guest enforcer on a random DDT match once

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Wait, Saya was in AKB48? Which means that Stardom and TJPW both have a former AKB48 idol in their ranks.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sweet big boot

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress yeah Great Khali chop

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I have to say, I'm less impressed by Lady C than by the other competitors in this match. She's certainly not bad, but if I had to pick a junior partner I'd take Saya over her.

Edit: poo poo that was a good splash!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I enjoyed that, makes me wish Stardom did more live shows

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, Lady C didn't really deliver there.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pylons posted:

Yeah, Lady C didn't really deliver there.

Eh, she did a couple of cool big boots and got beat up a bunch. For a rookie she didn't seem crazy out of her depth

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Lamuella posted:

I have to say, I'm less impressed by Lady C than by the other competitors in this match. She's certainly not bad, but if I had to pick a junior partner I'd take Saya over her.

She's the rookie in Stardom. She debuted at the end if last year. Her record is currently 0-78. That's why I was shocked they put her in the match. Saya is actually pushed right now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I enjoyed that, makes me wish Stardom did more live shows

Yeah, I very briefly had a Stardom membership 2-3 years back and while I really appreciated their subtitled shows, everything being taped and divided into single matches (I don't know if the latter has been improved) meant it was easy to fall behind or forget to watch.

I understand their wrestling is very good, but TJPW is so much easier for me to access and watch and that goes a long way, especially bundled in with DDT and NOAH like it is. I know it is due to television rights and stuff, but I really wished when BushiRoad bought Stardom that they'd just bundle it in along with NJPW on New Japan World.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Oh huh I totally missed the STARDOM match. Well, I’m here now, ready to post with PSPals

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I'm convinced the reason they don't do Stardom live shows is that their current site doesn't have that functionality. Hopefully they eventually figure something out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope YOH really... uhhh... bruises SHO's knuckles and stains his clothes with blood.... :negative:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

looking forward to the epic battle between Sho Michaels and Marty Yoh-Netty

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

a cyborg mug posted:

Oh huh I totally missed the STARDOM match. Well, I’m here now, ready to post with PSPals

The best part of the match was the sweet Phoenix Spash finisher

https://twitter.com/AnaMelissa15/status/1434061684801523716

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pyro!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This mashup version of Hiromu and BUSHI’s themes is better than either one separately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Time to watch some of the best junior heavyweights in the world.

And also Bushi.