Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

evergreen post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
tonyflair@aol.com

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

tonyflair at aol dot com

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also while I 100% agree with sticklefilter I'm just gonna say Bray is ten thousand times a better fit for the Spooky poo poo gimmick than Malakai, if AEW is gonna get both, but what's done is done.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tony outright saying MJF is responsible for Stat, Layla, The Acclaimed and Bear Country being in AEW

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Love Tony saying he would've given Hangman the time off anyway even if he didn't have backup plans.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Malakai isnt spooky poo poo, hes a Dutch satanist who clearly loves doom metal and paganism, probably listens to YOB in the morning. Like nothing about hik is Supernatural its all throwbacks to wood and creature worship from the old old days.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
AUSTINN??????????????????????????

If we get stone cold off that slip of the tongue...!

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Tony needs to go2sleep

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
"Mr. Punk"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
AJ asking the important questions

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Tony outright saying MJF is responsible for Stat, Layla, The Acclaimed and Bear Country being in AEW

gently caress The Acclaimed

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

fez_machine posted:

AUSTINN??????????????????????????

If we get stone cold off that slip of the tongue...!

Austin Jenkins is Adam Cole's shoot name

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
People keep waiting for Tony to say "We're done and not gonna sign anybody else" but he's got no reason to say that.

Bray Wyatt stinks and his highlights in WWE were far and few in between. Pass.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

sticklefifer posted:

I think he'd have to find a niche that's entirely different. Malakai Black is doing the spooky demon thing but better, and Dark Order already did the expanding cult thing that the Wyatt Family always should've been.

If he's going to try to be anything drawing from the past, he should present himself as Brodie's best friend who just wants Brodie's crew to mend fences and come back together, but take it a little more seriously. He doesn't have to corrupt them or have THE LORE, just be a leader who misses his brother.

i want bray to be the (literal?) ringleader of, like, abadon + butcher/blade/bunny + chaos project

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

Austin Jenkins is Adam Cole's shoot name

ah I stand corrected

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Tony just totally getting sidetracked from his answer because he, too, is sad that Bobby Eaton died.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SonicRulez posted:

People keep waiting for Tony to say "We're done and not gonna sign anybody else" but he's got no reason to say that.

Yeah, he hasn't signed Bayley yet :hai:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Dean Malenko was never young, stop lying Tony.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SonicRulez posted:

Io Shirai is getting released soon and Kairi Sane may not even have a job now that NXT Japan is dead.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

flatluigi posted:

i want bray to be the (literal?) ringleader of, like, abadon + butcher/blade/bunny + chaos project

I want Bray to be the ringleader of Decay.

On Thursdays.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SonicRulez posted:

imagine jugding a wrestler based on their wwe output.

lmao fick.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
2.0 got hired because you can't use the wingmen every week

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is what I've wanted since they fired him. I want him to lead the Dark Order in the way that he did when the Wyatt Family actually ruled, and nobody tell me "they don't need it" or "it'd be shoehorned" because it's literally the most perfect story imaginable.

It’s not and no one in Dark Order wants a new leader lol

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
LMAO TonyFlair was a pretty well known poster on the AOL Grandstand wrestling board

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

I want Bray to be the ringleader of Decay.

On Thursdays.

Impact is getting better, but gently caress I don't want to have to follow it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

heel turn posted:

LMAO TonyFlair was a pretty well known poster on the AOL Grandstand wrestling board

trap sprung

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Impact needs to get worse because they have Black Taurus and AEW doesn't.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Impact is getting better, but gently caress I don't want to have to follow it.

and I have no intention of following it. :twisted:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s not and no one in Dark Order wants a new leader lol

Well this is another hot take but the Dark Order is a big fat "there" for me right now. Like, they're not BAD, don't get it twisted, but they don't interest me whatsoever in a vacuum. They're entirely dependent on what they're working with. They're like plain white rice. See also: Miro.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

heel turn posted:

we get closer to finding out Evil Uno's PSP name

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The Dark Order seem to have something going on in the background, but whatever that is has been kind of backburnered for a bit. It's been simmering on Twitter but I hope we see the denouement, especially with Silver and 10 shacking up with The Alliance to Destroy Matt Hardy.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

LOL Tony avoiding saying Cornette's name is a mood.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what a guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The scrum is over, one of the best wrestling PPVs ever is done. Goddamn, what a rush.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i can understand not liking bray particularly with how much wwe undercut him for someone who was just constantly over, but he really was incredibly, constantly over. even the fiend was super over. you don't at least try to get him, especially if you're a promotion that knows how to play to someone's strengths and not their weaknesses instead of the opposite

his noncompete also ends right before halloween, which just serves him up on a platter for a special themed ep

The Bee posted:

The Dark Order seem to have something going on in the background, but whatever that is has been kind of backburnered for a bit. It's been simmering on Twitter but I hope we see the denouement, especially with Silver and 10 shacking up with The Alliance to Destroy Matt Hardy.

time is weird but i think the dark order stuff was just waiting for all out to be over to progress -- it hasn't been that long since hangman's loss and the rift forming between 'we need to help our friend' and 'we need to respect his want to try to fight this fight without us' + you'll want that story to come to a head around hangman's eventual return. my money's on the trios belts finally happening (or a trios tourney, at least) + the dark order trios being on opposite sides

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
ADAM COLE BAYBAY

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

flatluigi posted:

i can understand not liking bray particularly with how much wwe undercut him for someone who was just constantly over, but he really was incredibly, constantly over. even the fiend was super over. you don't at least try to get him, especially if you're a promotion that knows how to play to someone's strengths and not their weaknesses instead of the opposite

his noncompete also ends right before halloween, which just serves him up on a platter for a special themed ep

time is weird but i think the dark order stuff was just waiting for all out to be over to progress -- it hasn't been that long since hangman's loss and the rift forming between 'we need to help our friend' and 'we need to respect his want to try to fight this fight without us' + you'll want that story to come to a head around hangman's eventual return. my money's on the trios belts finally happening (or a trios tourney, at least) + the dark order trios being on opposite sides

Normally I'd expect that, but considering Bryan Danielson just got thrown into the mix, I don't know if the Hangman stuff will even be set up by then. That said, I do love the idea of the two halves of the Dark Order slugging it out, then hugging it out, in a high-stakes match.

Where would you put each member of the Dark Order in this schism, if you had the book?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

Also people are delusional if they refuse to acknowledge that he's not insanely good at what he does. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but with regards to what he does well, nobody else even touches him right now. It's kinda like the Broken Matt Hardy stuff in that some people loving HATE it, but you can't deny its effectiveness and creativity with people who enjoyed it, of which there were/are many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't deny Bray is a charismatic guy and got over, but I never liked his promos and he never brought it home in the ring. He was always ok at best except once when Bryan dragged more out of him. Not saying he's incompetent or I want him out of wrestling. He can go to Impact and if he's not awful, he can graduate to AEW through the forbidden door.

Lid posted:

Io Shirai is getting released soon and Kairi Sane may not even have a job now that NXT Japan is dead.

Io would be a huge get obviously, but please don't even tease me with Kairi. A loving mega star that WWE poo poo their pants on. Fed her to NIA JAX for whatever reason and had Charlotte shooting on her.