Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Christian vs Omega 2 0.57%
Punk vs Darby 8 2.28%
Bucks vs Bros 279 79.49%
Statlander vs Baker 7 1.99%
Women's Royal 2 0.57%
Eddie vs Miro 20 5.70%
Mox vs Kojima 2 0.57%
Jericho vs MJF 3 0.85%
NO MORE BS PAUL WIGHT VS QT MARSHALL 28 7.98%
Total: 351 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Speaking of commentators, JR did really well throughout All Out. Engaged, classic calls, didn't sound like he was about to croak like last ppv. He made me ashamed of my words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Speaking of commentators, JR did really well throughout All Out. Engaged, classic calls, didn't sound like he was about to croak like last ppv. He made me ashamed of my words.

he was great

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Announce team all together was amazing

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I've been watching Minoru Suzuki clips in anticipation of tonight and uhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JejgIiNQAxM

Holy poo poo the sound on that first chop.

I'm surprised that none reported this video for murder. Holy poo poo :stare:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Someone commented that his call for Bryan Danielson almost hit "Cum truck" levels.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Oh before I forget, I know people are excited for Moxley and Suzuki to hurt one another. I am, too. But there's this rumor going around that Moxley vs. NJPW is going to culminate in Mox / Tanahashi.

It isn't. NJPW is going to send their best to put Moxley down.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Mr. Squishy posted:

I usually poo poo on JR for... well, not seeming very enthusiastic and often making really bad calls. Like poo poo that he should really know better (like insisting wrestlers hook the leg five seconds into a match, which Taz called him out for, explaining why no one does that.)

But he was good on All Out, I agree. The worst thing he did was call Ruby Soho Ruby Riott but that's like... not really a big deal. I hope I can carry that enthusiasm into his commentary from now on, other wise I'll have to call for his retirement once again.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Toru Yano arrives with a bunch of DVDs and a roll of duck tape. "I've never seen Jon Moxley show fear until now"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

He even made the nutrition bit on Kris Statlander sound like a completely neutral, appreciative in the pure sports kind of way thing, and the change to his previous similar calls was so minimal that I'm now thinking I was probably reading way too much into it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Guillermus posted:

I'm surprised that none reported this video for murder. Holy poo poo :stare:

And that smile afterwards.

IGgy IGsen posted:

But he was good on All Out, I agree.

He also had two of the best quotes of the night.

"If this is who I think it is, I need to get my rear end outta here."
"Has Floyd turned on Jericho?!"

Well, the best after "God, I love pro wrestling".

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It probably doesn't hurt that All Out might have been legitimately the most looked forward to PPV event since Wrestlemania 30 and JR went in know he'd see CM Punk's return and the debuts of Adam Cole and Brian Danielson

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
We could get Eddie vs Kevin. I know it’s happened before but that was a long time ago. The promos alone could fill entire episodes of Dynamite.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jr was great, tony and ex were great, they were hilarious when don was on during the tag match. commentary good. it definitely helped cement the "one of the greats" feel that ppv had.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Got to see my childhood hero Jericho win the AEW belt in Chicago, now get to see Cincinnati's favorite son do battle on a totally stacked card tonite. loving stoked.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I've been watching Minoru Suzuki clips in anticipation of tonight and uhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JejgIiNQAxM

Holy poo poo the sound on that first chop.

If we're talking Suzuki, lemme take a chance to rep one of his less talked about matches. Minoru Suzuki vs Takashi Sugiura from NOAH, September 2015

Some background. Suzukigun invaded NOAH in January 2015, & ran roughshod. They more or less win all the titles, Suzuki wins the GHC HW, Taichi holds the GHC Jr, Archer & DBS hold the GHC HW Tag, Despy & TAKA the GHC Jr Tag belts, & they all win them on the same show in March. 6 months later, Sugiura is challenging Suzuki, he started training in All Japan but had his in-ring debut in NOAH after jumping with Misawa et al & he's been in NOAH ever since. He started as Junior, won the Heavyweight belt in '09 & held it for the 2nd longest reign in GHC HW history. He's a tank. He hits hard, he has gorgeous suplexes, he's fighting for the title of Akiyama, Misawa & Kobashi & for the pride of all NOAH. It's stiff.

Also the clip is at least watching the start of for the great rendition of Kaze Ni Nare by Ayumi Nakamura.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm excited to see what they do with Adam Cole Baybay.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm excited to see what they do with Adam Cole Baybay.

Well, he's now undead, for starters, so the possibilities are endless.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This is such a good picture lol

Cole is a perfect addition to the Elite, he already feels like the most pure embodiment of the scumbag dynamic of the group. In-character Kenny is too endearingly dweeby to actually hate, the Bucks are too lame to be threatening, the Good Bros accidentally maxed out their scumbag points and forgot to save any for talent. Adam Cole is perfectly balanced and I can't wait to get mad at him for kicking Kenny's rear end

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope they don't do the "hey the new guy is talking TONIGHT" "the new guy is talking on RAMPAGE TOO" thing with every high profile signing. Punk made sense, but i hope most of them just debut and then jump into matches or an angle or something, or ideally debut in a match hey what a concept

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

dromal phrenia posted:

Oh before I forget, I know people are excited for Moxley and Suzuki to hurt one another. I am, too. But there's this rumor going around that Moxley vs. NJPW is going to culminate in Mox / Tanahashi.

That particular image (you know the one) remains my desktop background. I chuckle each time I actually comprehend it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

That particular image (you know the one) remains my desktop background. I chuckle each time I actually comprehend it.

I started laughing just thinking about it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

i hope they don't do the "hey the new guy is talking TONIGHT" "the new guy is talking on RAMPAGE TOO" thing with every high profile signing. Punk made sense, but i hope most of them just debut and then jump into matches or an angle or something, or ideally debut in a match hey what a concept

I think Punk is the last guy for a while that they're gonna milk like they did Sting. Cole isn't in that league of needle-mover to wring for every last drop of attention, and I assume they're only holding off on a Danielson in-ring debut so they can do it on a Big Show in NY/NJ, because that man wants to wrestle

Basically anyone else they add, roster's gonna be too crowded for them to rest on Shiny New Toy as a selling point for more than an episode or so imo

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dromal phrenia posted:

:wato:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

forkboy84 posted:

If we're talking Suzuki, lemme take a chance to rep one of his less talked about matches. Minoru Suzuki vs Takashi Sugiura from NOAH, September 2015

Some background. Suzukigun invaded NOAH in January 2015, & ran roughshod. They more or less win all the titles, Suzuki wins the GHC HW, Taichi holds the GHC Jr, Archer & DBS hold the GHC HW Tag, Despy & TAKA the GHC Jr Tag belts, & they all win them on the same show in March. 6 months later, Sugiura is challenging Suzuki, he started training in All Japan but had his in-ring debut in NOAH after jumping with Misawa et al & he's been in NOAH ever since. He started as Junior, won the Heavyweight belt in '09 & held it for the 2nd longest reign in GHC HW history. He's a tank. He hits hard, he has gorgeous suplexes, he's fighting for the title of Akiyama, Misawa & Kobashi & for the pride of all NOAH. It's stiff.

Also the clip is at least watching the start of for the great rendition of Kaze Ni Nare by Ayumi Nakamura.

Sugiura is astonishing, over 50 himself and still a complete brick shithouse more than capable of turning in a 5* match

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1435712056238305287

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hobbs miro please Jesus

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

jr was great, tony and ex were great, they were hilarious when don was on during the tag match.

"Come on back here, Don —"
"No, let him go! Let him go!"
"— they're just calling you to the ring. I know you dropped your mic, they're calling you."

and

"Oh, stop with the bullshit, Don... you are so full of poo poo. Geez."
"I apologize for the salty language of Tony Schiavone —"
"Hell, no, I don't apologize!"

were both so great.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Love seeing OC on top of the rankings. It fills my cold dead heart with joy, giving it a tiny bright spot.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Kind of strange seeing Butcher and Blade in the middle of the rankings since it's been months since they've competed.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

rantmo posted:

Kind of strange seeing Butcher and Blade in the middle of the rankings since it's been months since they've competed.

You've forgotten the Buy-In Run-In Modifier, and the "glad this guy's back" multiplier.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Yeesh only 5 losses in the entire top 5 for the women. That division has alooooot of dark jobbers. Is this the first time Nyla didn't make the chart?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Watching Canada vs El Salvador tonight so pm me if my boys give people a taste tonight...i unfortunately can't be ready for the boom

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Mr. Squishy posted:

You've forgotten the Buy-In Run-In Modifier, and the "glad this guy's back" multiplier.

Excellent point and whatever I can't be mad about it, big Butch is back with a pocket full of wrap!

stab posted:

Watching Canada vs El Salvador tonight so pm me if my boys give people a taste tonight...i unfortunately can't be ready for the boom

I mean, they're giving the taste of a new shirt, does that count?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

rantmo posted:

Excellent point and whatever I can't be mad about it, big Butch is back with a pocket full of wrap!

I mean, they're giving the taste of a new shirt, does that count?

It's a great tshirt

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1435718713844453376

god tonight is gonna gently caress ripppppppp

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What a fuckin' card

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So I heard people here like number?

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1435718517471338497

If that's right I believe it would put All Out at 235,000 minimum.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/jack_farmhouse/status/1435720275904106498?t=DWpxUrbdkLa68dhV06mf6A&s=19

NUMBER

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If anyone else was curious Slamboree 99 seems to be the ppv from 22 years and 4 months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

stab posted:

keep letting us know whenever you're not watching the show 👍