Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Michael Jackson guilty or innocent
This poll is closed.
Guilty 135 80.84%
Innocent 32 19.16%
Total: 167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’m pretty sure Wizard Master is Macaulay Culkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Michael Jackson is guilty af. Also dead af.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I knew he was guilty as gently caress when the Martin Bashir documentary aired and he sat on a couch with that one kid, holding hands, with the kid resting his head on his shoulder, and the kid claimed that Michael Jackson cured his cancer.

The Finding Neverland doc was just more and more irrefutable proof that his whole deal was normalizing his relationships with children so that he could get away with poo poo that no one else could. He never molested the celebrity children, because they were part of his whole thing of making it normal that he, a grown man, hung out with children, so that he could get these other, poorer/starfucker parents to leave their children alone with him.

Also, in the Bashir doc, when confronted about his inappropriateness with children (sleep overs, sleeping in the same bed), he went straight to, "why is it wrong to love a child?" which is NAMBLA poo poo. Like, the dude read the literature and was steeped in pedo talking points.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://youtu.be/vyESG2mr1nU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
imagine michael jackson's dick

it's hard to picture

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Think it's a little rotten now

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Think it's a little rotten now

i mean at the time he was molesting children

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i mean at the time he was molesting children

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Cory Feldman always said MJ never hosed him. And saying Hollywood is full of pedos is pretty much Cory Feldman's whole thing.

The idea is that he intentionally didn't rape the famous kids so he could point to them and say "see, they said I never touched them!!!"

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I laughted way harder than I should have at this.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Martin Bashir seemed like kind of a poo poo to me also, but Michael was pretty darn guilty IMO.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Blooster posted:

The idea is that he intentionally didn't rape the famous kids so he could point to them and say "see, they said I never touched them!!!"

Anyways it would have been a lot harder to keep the lid on that sort of thing. The famous kids had money for lawyers and (already being famous) names that would grab headlines. Much easier to target poor kids with parents desperately trying to shove them into stardom.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Jackson and Cosby are obviously guilty, I just don't get why they're the two big names in a huge industry of entertainers they're the minority of. I guess uh, louis ck is a white dude name that comes to mind, the guy that played the politician in house of cards too. Doesn't really seem like the same level of media oomph though.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYP73tHs-U

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

ArbitraryC posted:

Jackson and Cosby are obviously guilty, I just don't get why they're the two big names in a huge industry of entertainers they're the minority of. I guess uh, louis ck is a white dude name that comes to mind, the guy that played the politician in house of cards too. Doesn't really seem like the same level of media oomph though.

He might not be a pedophile (or maybe he is, who the gently caress knows?) But what about Harvey Weinstein?

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was a little kid when the whole thing went down and have this clear memory of sitting on the floor in front of the tv bedazzling a cat onto the back of my jean jacket and whatever show was on aired MJ's account of dealing with the authorities over the allegations, just looking straight into the camera talking about being forced to have his penis photographed and I was like :catstare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think MJ was probably abused as a kid and just continued the cycle. So like, he did it, he's guilty, should have had the book thrown at him, but he was also probably a victim.

You meet the pedo, then you become the pedo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

doctorfrog posted:

Martin Bashir seemed like kind of a poo poo to me also, but Michael was pretty darn guilty IMO.

Bashir is absolutely poo poo, but Michael Jackson put it all out there without Bashir tricking him or setting him up or anything. I think part of Michael Jackson wanted to “come out” and be some kind of pedo rights leader. :barf:

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I think he was just a strange dude that wanted to be a child. Had sleepovers and slept in the same bed as the kids and everything. It's easy to say it must have been pedophilia but who knows. You're brain can break in a lot more ways than that.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Flubby posted:

I think he was just a strange dude that wanted to be a child. Had sleepovers and slept in the same bed as the kids and everything. It's easy to say it must have been pedophilia but who knows. You're brain can break in a lot more ways than that.

All of the children he molested probably know

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Flubby posted:

The Finding Neverland doc includes first-hand accounts from victims who he abused as children, and makes a strong case that he not only had sexual contact with children, but he wanted relationships with those children. He got crushes on boys, he obsessed over certain ones. The dude was weird because he was a pedophile in plain sight, and no one at the time seemed to be able to properly process it.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
what the judge say tho

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Don't the guys from that doc have pretty questionable histories of their allegations, often tying back to their parents wanting money?

Always thought he was just a weird dude.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

kdrudy posted:

Don't the guys from that doc have pretty questionable histories of their allegations, often tying back to their parents wanting money?

One of them does, but the other is pretty unimpeachable, and speaks about how MJ's lawyers literally bribed him to testify that he wasn't guilty by paying off his parent's mortgage. Its a very convincing documentary and yea he's guilty.

(And also how his parents were gross starfuckers who pushed him to spend more time with Michael Jackson to get more money out of him).

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kdrudy posted:

One dude's parents got a house from MJ during their relationship, but before he told anyone he'd been sexually abused.

The other was a hot-poo poo choreographer for Brittney Spears and N Sync back when they were big.

I dunno that money was the motivating factor in them coming forward. Even if you take out their direct allegations, there's a lot of hosed up poo poo from that time period, including the aforementioned faxes sent to the Australian kid. Michael Jackson basically bought the kid a fax machine so he could spam him with love notes all loving day. In Australia. In the late 80s, when long distances calls were expensive as gently caress, let alone international calls.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

One dude's parents got a house from MJ during their relationship, but before he told anyone he'd been sexually abused.

The other was a hot-poo poo choreographer for Brittney Spears and N Sync back when they were big.

I dunno that money was the motivating factor in them coming forward. Even if you take out their direct allegations, there's a lot of hosed up poo poo from that time period, including the aforementioned faxes sent to the Australian kid. Michael Jackson basically bought the kid a fax machine so he could spam him with love notes all loving day. In Australia. In the late 80s, when long distances calls were expensive as gently caress, let alone international calls.

The parents also belong in jail. They straight up let their children live with Michael Jackson.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

kdrudy posted:

Lol, guess the rich are unassailable so long as anyone they hurt is poor

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Shinjobi posted:

I think MJ was probably abused as a kid and just continued the cycle.

You meet the pedo, then you become the pedo.
this is colloquially known as "vampire syndrome", it's not statistically true, and, there are adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse among you, and you should really consider that this is an insanely lovely thing to say to them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cubone posted:

this is colloquially known as "vampire syndrome", it's not statistically true, and, there are adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse among you, and you should really consider that this is an insanely lovely thing to say to them

My bad. I genuinely thought it was something that happened more often than that.

sdasdas
Dec 29, 2012
I'm really baffled by people that think he's innocent, is there another example of a man that only wanted to hang out with young boys (and didn't abuse them)?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

sdasdas posted:

I'm really baffled by people that think he's innocent, is there another example of a man that only wanted to hang out with young boys (and didn't abuse them)?

Probably a combination of people not wanting to believe it because he was so famous and his PR team pushing some kind of peter pan syndrome narrative.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Jew me, sue me, everybody do me/ Kick me, kike me, don't you black or white me

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

What's the difference between Michael Jackson and a Tesco carrier bag?

One is made of plastic and you carry your shopping in and the other one is dead!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i was going to ask if the bag was a homosexual pedophile before i guessed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Michael Jackson's dead body

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sdasdas posted:

I'm gonna say again that people who say "oh he didn't rape them, he just snuggled them naked" are hosed in the head

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Who What Now posted:

I'm gonna say again that people who say "oh he didn't rape them, he just snuggled them naked" are hosed in the head

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'd bet at least one of Macaulay Culkin or Corey Feldman got diddled by MJ. They are just too committed to saying he didn't do anything to change their story.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Schweinhund posted:

I'd bet at least one of Macaulay Culkin or Corey Feldman got diddled by MJ. They are just too committed to saying he didn't do anything to change their story.

Nah. It makes sense why he wanted to publicly be seen with them, but kept his hands off them. He wanted access to and control over the boys he did assault. It wasn’t just about sex for him, it was about pantomiming a romantic relationship. The celebrity boys had to travel and work and make movies and poo poo. He just wanted to be seen hanging out with them to convince other adults that it was cool that he wanted to hang out with their sons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Guilty, but given the US justice system is very literally and openly for sale, the outcome was extremely predicable.