Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Michael Jackson guilty or innocent
This poll is closed.
Guilty 135 80.84%
Innocent 32 19.16%
Total: 167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr_Companie posted:

My take on your opinion is it sucks and isn't based on a full understanding of the allegations.
Both of these facts are probably true. I haven't learned a single new thing about the case since well before he died and there are probably all sorts of things I'm not considering.

The point though, again, was that he WAS guilty, but that he was a fascinating case in regards to his motivations. Too many people just say "so and so was a monster" and leave it at that and don't actually learn anything. Also as I said, the people facilitating him and actually doing the dirty work definitely knew what they were doing.

I really don't have any specific up to date insight into this case and it's quite clear that my post was bad and dumb and I won't opine on it further. My post was terribly phrased but I've made clear what I meant so there is no further need for anyone else to tell me that my original post was poorly phrased and that I am a mush brained idiot today. I realize that already, thank you for your service.

Mr_Companie posted:

The worst disease is the autism that made you write up this post in complete sincerity in gbs.
This is definitely not appropriate, not because you are attacking me, but because you are using autism as an insult. I'm not pushing buttons on people calling me out itt for my lovely post but don't do this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Michael Jackson is guilty of making child me believe he was a woman until he got on TV to cry to the world that the police looked at his penis, and molesting those kids

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The only "off color" joke I ever remember my mom telling was this:

A little boy asks his mom "mom, is God a man or a woman?"
And she says to him, "well, honey, God is both"

He then asks "mom, is God black or white?"
And she says to him "well, honey, He is both"

The boy asks "mom, is God straight or gay?"
And she replies, "honey, God is both"

The boy thinks about this for a minute and asks, "Mom, is god Michael Jackson?"

This was probably in the early 90s and yes that was very "off color" for my mom, just mentioning sexual orientation like that back then!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Michael Jackson jokes from my childhood:

What does Michael jackson do in the winter?
Pulls a child in a toboggan

What does Michael jackson do in an elevator?
Pushes a button

Something is probably lost in translation

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Speaking of Michael Jackson jokes, my uncle told me this one:

"Did you hear Michael Jackson died?"
"Oh yeah, how?"
"He choked on 12-year old nuts!"

the day before he died. When my mom called me the next day to tell me that Michael Jackson died, I was like "yeah, yeah, 12-year old nuts, uncle told me" and she was like "uh, no?" It was hilarious.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dell_Zincht posted:

MJ Productions proudly presents:

IF I did it (I totally did)

He’s out searching for the real serial child rapists right now!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

this thread makes me want to Scream

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Here are some words of wisdom from one of the great musical thinkers of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvYQbxAmAU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Here are some words of wisdom from one of the great musical thinkers of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvYQbxAmAU

Honestly can we just make Wesley Willis the king of pop instead?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HD DAD posted:

Honestly can we just make Wesley Willis the king of pop instead?

I mean he whooped spider-man's as and whipped batman's rear end so I think he's earned it in trial by combat

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

The Bloop posted:

The point though, again, was that he WAS guilty, but that he was a fascinating case in regards to his motivations. Too many people just say "so and so was a monster" and leave it at that and don't actually learn anything.
It isn't shocking and new information that many pedos were abused as kids*, or claim to have been abused as kids, or claim to identify more with kids than with adults. That isn't groundbreaking or fascinating. It would really be good to be somewhat informed about the subject you're talking about when it's such a sensitive topic as pedophile apologia.

(*Disclaimer: many pedos were abused as kids, but most kids who were abused do not grow up to be abusers)

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Michael was probably innocent. Kid #1 had a father that was trying to blackmail MJ for Hollywood connections. Kids #2-3 were sick but their mother was a pathological liar and accused not just MJ but half of Hollywood. The old guys from Leaving Neverland were trying to sue the estate for various reasons, got shot down, and then produced the allegations. Robson was a washed up dancer that got blacklisted after MJ died. Safechuck was just broke, I think his family was in debt or losing the home MJ bought them. Half of his allegations don't match up, particularly the train station story was impossible. I think MJ was attracted to them because they were showbiz kids like him. He wanted to take them away from their parents so they could have childhoods, not sex. MJ had a rep of paying off anyone that bothered him and that made him a target. MJ was probably emotionally and psychological off in many ways but the fact that he never got accused or caught by anyone with slightly more creditability is telling.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

It isn't shocking and new information that many pedos were abused as kids*, or claim to have been abused as kids, or claim to identify more with kids than with adults. That isn't groundbreaking or fascinating. It would really be good to be somewhat informed about the subject you're talking about when it's such a sensitive topic as pedophile apologia.

(*Disclaimer: many pedos were abused as kids, but most kids who were abused do not grow up to be abusers)

I do know those things and that isn't what I was taking about re: new information. If you think Michael Jackson isn't a potentially fascinating case study then that's ok but I do.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I don't understand what element you find so fascinating and full of new information?

Because if it's this

The Bloop posted:

He always struck me as a case of extreme arrested development like he still was trying to be a kid himself so he was acting that out and not being predatory in the way we typically think of it.
that's not novel or unusual for pedos (and as we've established, it's still predatory)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

I don't understand what element you find so fascinating and full of new information?

I didn't say that. I said that his case is fascinating. And yes I realize it's somewhat common in those cases but he seems like the edge of the bell curve outlier case and therefore noteworthy. Maybe he isn't, but he seems like that.

I ALSO said that I personally did not have all the information about his case. That it was new TO ME because I haven't kept abreast of it. Not that the information was new generally. And I agreed that I shouldn't have spoken about it without that knowledge.

It was a bad post but my view is not what you're making it out to be.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

temple posted:

Michael was probably innocent. Kid #1 had a father that was trying to blackmail MJ for Hollywood connections. Kids #2-3 were sick but their mother was a pathological liar and accused not just MJ but half of Hollywood. The old guys from Leaving Neverland were trying to sue the estate for various reasons, got shot down, and then produced the allegations. Robson was a washed up dancer that got blacklisted after MJ died. Safechuck was just broke, I think his family was in debt or losing the home MJ bought them. Half of his allegations don't match up, particularly the train station story was impossible. I think MJ was attracted to them because they were showbiz kids like him. He wanted to take them away from their parents so they could have childhoods, not sex. MJ had a rep of paying off anyone that bothered him and that made him a target. MJ was probably emotionally and psychological off in many ways but the fact that he never got accused or caught by anyone with slightly more creditability is telling.

if this classist pedophile apologist isnt banned...idk how the mods can make any more room for shame but they will need to

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

if this classist pedophile apologist isnt banned...idk how the mods can make any more room for shame but they will need to

wow yeah that's quite a post, I was too busy tripping over my own dick to notice that

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

temple posted:

Jack the Ripper was probably emotionally and psychological off in many ways but the fact that he never got accused or caught by anyone with slightly more creditability is telling.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

temple posted:

. Kids #2-3 were sick but their mother was a pathological liar and accused not just MJ but half of Hollywood.

Oh yeah because if there's one thing that's completely unbelievable it's that Hollywood is filled to the brim with pedos. And this is among the least stupid of the poo poo you said, the gently caress is wrong with you? What is compelling you to defend a monster?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I just want to state for the record that I do not believe that Michael Jackson was Jack the Ripper.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's like people defending Polanski what the gently caress is wrong with y'all

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Michael Jackson was guilty af and poo poo Cspam is leaking in here someone get the duct tape please to patch the hole

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

I JUST HOPE thats a copy/paste job and youve make me look foolish mister...

Derpies posted:

Michael Jackson was guilty af and poo poo Cspam is leaking in here someone get the duct tape please to patch the hole

you just mad cause jerkin or yankin or cranking or w/e is prohibited there

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Death Cures Pedos

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

The Bloop posted:

I didn't say that. I said that his case is fascinating. And yes I realize it's somewhat common in those cases but he seems like the edge of the bell curve outlier case and therefore noteworthy. Maybe he isn't, but he seems like that.

I ALSO said that I personally did not have all the information about his case. That it was new TO ME because I haven't kept abreast of it. Not that the information was new generally. And I agreed that I shouldn't have spoken about it without that knowledge.

It was a bad post but my view is not what you're making it out to be.

No, no, dig UP, stupid!

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

On second thought, you do NOT have to "hand it to him" for his fascinating motivations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

You made a bad post, you admitted you made a bad post, then you keep trying to defend yourself. Just say you hosed up and move on. Stop posting in this thread for a minute. It’s not that hard

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about pop music, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Michael Jackson, and how it has personally affected us. Just NMD'ing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the music businesses future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Michael Jackson. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress 'em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

Michael Jackson is a paedophile. He fiddled all those kids. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Michael Jackson. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about pop music and the bastards involved in it, you could always single out Michael Jackson as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could refer to as a true professional who honoured the music business he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to pop music without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed musician in another genre or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw pop music as a means to an end. He was in it for pop. He was dedicated to being the best pop musician he could be, and it showed on the stage.

I wanted to be a pop musician since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a pop star had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not tuneful or charismatically talented enough to be a pop musician was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Michael Jackson in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a pop star. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation singer. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest pop stars in history. By 40 years-old.

Michael Jackson was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the music business could gently caress those kids the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Chris Brown putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the studio, and that that same man could be having sex with kids only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for those kids, and not for their parents.

Michael Jackson owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Michael Jackson is a paedophile. And he died a paedophile. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys in the pop world and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Michael Jackson was a kiddy fucker. And I don't know how to accept that.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

forums poster temple log the gently caress on and tell me that post was mastercraft honeypot. tell me what an overbearing rube i am for falling for it.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:vince:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about pop music, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Michael Jackson, and how it has personally affected us. Just NMD'ing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the music businesses future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Michael Jackson. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress 'em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

Michael Jackson is a paedophile. He fiddled all those kids. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Michael Jackson. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about pop music and the bastards involved in it, you could always single out Michael Jackson as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could refer to as a true professional who honoured the music business he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to pop music without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed musician in another genre or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw pop music as a means to an end. He was in it for pop. He was dedicated to being the best pop musician he could be, and it showed on the stage.

I wanted to be a pop musician since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a pop star had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not tuneful or charismatically talented enough to be a pop musician was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Michael Jackson in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a pop star. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation singer. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest pop stars in history. By 40 years-old.

Michael Jackson was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the music business could gently caress those kids the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Chris Brown putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the studio, and that that same man could be having sex with kids only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for those kids, and not for their parents.

Michael Jackson owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Michael Jackson is a paedophile. And he died a paedophile. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys in the pop world and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Michael Jackson was a kiddy fucker. And I don't know how to accept that.

thank you for sharing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

Stop it. Stop loving lionizing this goddamn monster. He wasn't "one of the good ones", he was part of the darkness you're saying he was a shining beacon of light against BECAUSE HE WAS A loving SERIAL PEDOPHILE. Good loving Christ I know that Thriller is catchy and he did a cool Pepsi commercial but you honest to god do not have to loving hand it to him. You idolized a monster before you knew his crimes, and now having learnt of them the correct response is to say "He loving sucks, what a piece of poo poo."

You're still allowed to think that Black & White was a good song or whatever but for gently caress's sake stop talking about what a good person he was. He wasn't. Period, full stop, end of story. Listen to the music, but for gently caress's sake stop doing this poo poo. Goddamn.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Which wrestler was this about again?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Who What Now posted:

Stop it. Stop loving lionizing this goddamn monster. He wasn't "one of the good ones", he was part of the darkness you're saying he was a shining beacon of light against BECAUSE HE WAS A loving SERIAL PEDOPHILE. Good loving Christ I know that Thriller is catchy and he did a cool Pepsi commercial but you honest to god do not have to loving hand it to him. You idolized a monster before you knew his crimes, and now having learnt of them the correct response is to say "He loving sucks, what a piece of poo poo."

You're still allowed to think that Black & White was a good song or whatever but for gently caress's sake stop talking about what a good person he was. He wasn't. Period, full stop, end of story. Listen to the music, but for gently caress's sake stop doing this poo poo. Goddamn.

That was clearly a post from NMD written shortly after he died.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Who What Now posted:

thank you for sharing

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Who What Now posted:

i feel like you didnt finish reading the post or something

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Terry Pratchett was hugely inspirational for me, and guided the development of my sense of self and humor. I absolutely consider him a hero. If it comes out that he was a wife beater or something I am going to spend exactly zero seconds defending him because goddamnit that sort of poo poo doesn't deserve to be defended. Michael Jackson doesn't deserve your defense. So stop giving it to him. Stop adjulating him.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bronze Fonz posted:

That's the thing that people don't get. He was a predator, he meticulously planned everything to get away with it and what he did was everything but childlike. He was a serial child rapist.

I remember following his trial in . . . 2004? 2005? And hearing about how he flew a sick child and the child's whole family out to Neverland Ranch and sent the mom to spas and poo poo so he could spend time with the kid alone. It was so jaw-droppingly manipulative. He was like the American Jimmy Savile, he did all this poo poo for charity so that he could get access to victims. (Savile also created a "weirdo" personality so people could say "Oh he's not molesting children (or corpses), he's just strange.")

Eztrajx posted:

I'm more interested in how he got away with these lines:
I read somewhere that a record exec or somebody heard that and said that he'd hoped his children could grow up in a world where "Jew" wasn't a slur. The (pre-South Park) nineties was a more innocent time.

:smith:

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Who What Now posted:

Terry Pratchett was hugely inspirational for me, and guided the development of my sense of self and humor. I absolutely consider him a hero. If it comes out that he was a wife beater or something I am going to spend exactly zero seconds defending him because goddamnit that sort of poo poo doesn't deserve to be defended. Michael Jackson doesn't deserve your defense. So stop giving it to him. Stop adjulating him.

the post was about how crushing it was to come to terms with MJ being a pedo. it's not a defense in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Robobot posted:

Which wrestler was this about again?

Sshhh, don't spoil it