Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Michael Jackson guilty or innocent
This poll is closed.
Guilty 135 80.84%
Innocent 32 19.16%
Total: 167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

what if one were to go back and reexamine the lyrics jackson wrote and bought from the perspective of a serial child torturer and rapist? would it be more or less obvious than say...an r. kelly or d. bowie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I thought Michael Jackson didn't really write any of his songs.

edit:
Nope, he wrote tons of them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

punishedkissinger posted:

the post was about how crushing it was to come to terms with MJ being a pedo. it's not a defense in any way.

You can do that without waxing at length how cool and awesome he was and personally forged his career through the sheer force of will

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

what if one were to go back and reexamine the lyrics jackson wrote and bought from the perspective of a serial child torturer and rapist? would it be more or less obvious than say...an r. kelly or d. bowie?

An R&B ballad, "You Are Not Alone" was written by American singer R. Kelly for Jackson in response to difficult times in his own personal life. Those difficult times being when he impregnated a teenage girl and she had a miscarriage.

Mr_Companie fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 9, 2021

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Robobot posted:

I thought Michael Jackson didn't really write any of his songs.

supposedly he would hum all the parts into a tape recorder and he wrote the lyrics too

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
"pull up thread"

*Crashes into ceiling of poo poo*
*Mild earthquake sensed on top of mt poo poo*

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW MICHAEL JACKSON WROTE THE MUSIC FOR SONIC 3 BUT SEGA PULLED IT BECAUSE THEY FOUND OUT HE hosed THE BOSS OF SEGA JAPAN'S GRANDKIDS

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I just want to state for the record that I do not believe that Michael Jackson was Jack the Ripper.

Micheal Jacktheripperson

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lisa its your birthday
happy birthday lisa

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?

Who What Now posted:

You can do that without waxing at length how cool and awesome he was and personally forged his career through the sheer force of will

Perhaps, despite his alleged failings, Michael Jackson lit the path that the ubermensch could follow, breaking through all boundaries and moving mankind not just beyond black and white, but beyond good and evil.

Or his whole transcendent image was carefully constructed to create opportunities for shooting up propofol and touching little boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lovely people

I'm closing the thread

I think all that needs to be said has and it anything else won't lead to good faith shitposting or is incapable of productive discussion