Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
season 41 is the best season of survivor and at no point in the next months will that be foolish have said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
where do you even watch live? the "live tv" feed just brings me to CBSNews whenever I click it, not that it matters since it won't play since I have ad-blockers installed (disabling them doesn't work, they want them flat out removed LOL gently caress off). Another cbs live tv feed asks me to log in to cable subscription, which I can't do because who on earth still has cable?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Next-day?! No, I want the survivor raw from the feed even if I gotta watch the network tv ads

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Mostly picked people I thought wouldn't irritate me from reading their profile, except for one dude, who I picked because he looks like a forgotten Doctor Who incarnation.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
motherFUCK the live cbs streams on paramount plus do not show survivor and the local channels only show news, not actualy shows withotu a cable login. motherfuckers WHAT am i paying for lmbo

edit: christ, like 70 bucks a month for live tv, like, the free tv channels you used to get for turning tv on.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 23, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i missed the start, what's w the hourglasses?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha pastor talkin bout stealth throat-cutting, I like her.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
whoa backstory with footage, australia style almost, cool!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah makes me wish they had made more of a bond during chat time. My instinct was maybe a splinter tribe of the three people, so I would've been angling towards whatever the "ally" type option is for all of us regardless of what it ended up being. but its a good dilemma because what does saying that necessarily mean?

edit: haha, everyone told the same truth about the island but one dude told it so poorly people don't believe him lol

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 23, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah he was on my roster and so was naseer. benched, though. ifi could change my roster now id probably take both of them off lol. naseer came in way too hot too fast with his "theyre looking for idols" thing, nobody liked it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you put the die in a thing, then draw from a bag with 1/6 chance to be safe but lose vote... why they don't roll that die for the same exact odds?

the flint removal thing is intense!

there was a clue but the website wouldnt let me take a srceen shot. icecream minus something, head plus something?

"you are birthing a new era of this game, right now" - jeff

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 23, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
haha she had the perfect near-find dialogue for her search near jeff's stump.

e: aw geez i got sara, hope she makes it through.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 23, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh my god boston rob is hiding in the lookout tower you can see his shoes

e oh wow, so two people lost their vote but one guy won't even know until he finally goes to tribal!

e good first vote there's no last-minute walkaway trick this time, cool!

ahaha this messy second tribal is great! and oh poo poo jd doesnt even know he doesnt have a vote yet edit: oh i was wrong, he gets two

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 23, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if i were sara i thin ki might still dunk the dice

RIP. rule number one, the person i like off the bat always goes home first or early

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
so did jd use his double vote to throw a rando vote at ricard or?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
really bummed to see sara go, but i think this was a great premiere! they threw in a lot of twists and things but none of them rubbed me as annoying horse poo poo, they seem to offer interesting strategic choice potential?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LionArcher posted:

The quiet at the start types are the ones to watch out for. Voting out Sarah was such a dumb move when she’s a perfect bad player to take with you for awhile.

It also feels like several people had their own agendas and ideas of what to do, attempted their own move switches and alliances, but ultimately they all just laid down to do what the giant Doctor Who guy wanted to happen. I think if they don't get rid of him at next opportunity, they've basically laid the foundation for an end-game run for the guy to be that obvious person barrelling their will through the game and it works and all along you don't get why anyone hasn't just taken him down too late its the final 4 now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Umm unless they have a pastor on the island to marry people secretly and we never find out, I don't think anyone on the island is having s*x. Unless you're accusing them of doing pre-marital which, idk... if you're going to levy serious accusations you should have some evidence before attacking someone's character?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah Brad's gotta go.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Also he had nothing to reveal lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i don't think he should've spilled the beans even if he could trust his whole little group. losing your vote sucks, but half the battle is making sure people don't know that, at least not till it will become important.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
what was the clue? world play something?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah the puzzles don't seem hard I just barely register them before they're gone. They're just the puzzles from lonestar bottlecaps I think.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think they'll be back to tribal soon for keeping Tiff but Voce spending 10 minutes bragging about always being the best makes his exit enjoyable.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I feel like Season 1 is a must-watch at some poin too, if only to see how different things were and how people functioned before the game became so gamey. A time where weridoes vote arbitrarily and the notion of alliances or voting blocs were rare spectacles.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Antiquated Pants posted:

I watched the first season this year after discovering Beauty, Brains, & Brawn on Netflix. drat when they rolled out that CRT TV with VHS player onto the beach, I felt shockingly old.

I did a full rewatch of the series a couple years ago and the whole thing is a weird time capsule of cultural and media snapshots. Shocked at others when people casually say some poo poo you'd rightfully expect people to take issue with today. Other times casual news or pop culture references you totally forgot and it was funny how "big" it was when that was filmed and aired. The early seasons also had people making pretty wild choices for themselves and their gameplan on such non-strategic or tactical poo poo, talkin about their honour and integrity and poo poo all serious. drat kinda making myself wanna rewatch again lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The time some people made a pee corner inside of their living-space-cave and having to have a tribe meeting about maybe not pissing inside the house but only a few people see whats wrong there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lmao I started tto because I only somewhat remembered that and yeah that guy's skeezy.

Sandra really kills it that part, between being able to speak with them and bargaining her necklace for all the bbq chickens supplies lol.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 3, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Survivor Minecraft players need to tear down trees or reeds to make pulp for paper and must individually craft voting parchments, along with having to mine for flint and ore for knife, pot, etc.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if Jeff shot scenes of him hiding all three 1st beware idols in the intro and they showed the only one anyone bothered to find lol.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shneak posted:

Love having advantages so complicated they need to waste time explaining it twice.

haha yeah, i was eating and kind of missed the explanation, but it was just another prisoner's dilemma, yeah?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh I missed that he found the code phrase thing, was that this episode?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
perfect side dive

it's okay, no nba

no bottlecap puzzle this game, or did I miss it even more than usual?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 7, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think the right move in the long run, but lol yeah, structurally all his advantage stuff I thought would mean he's hanging for at least another round.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
still catching up on ep... Does intentional throw ever go well? I remember it a few times, or half-attempts where maybe only some people threw, but I feel like it's a short-sighted move in most cases? I suppose there strategically would be points where it could help, but without knowing when merges come or whatever, seems like often going to cut off options come merge... but then some of those options you want cut off asap... hmmm

edit: ahahaha blue trying so hard to lose and everyone else just so much slower while trying hard. Yes, I love this failure to fail.

Awww bummer JD went home so soon, I think you want that kind of guy around later in the game to take advantage of. but also an easy scheme to get a free advantage is pretty hard to pass up.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 14, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah those two acting mastermind over a 2 v 1 is hilarious

reeeeeeal smooth naseer

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 21, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i love this, i hope he keeps it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah i was about to say, gonna love if they hold off merge until its just one loser at challenge by themselves

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
don't redesign them >:D

Genie was the most boring possible result but they made the build-up fun anyway, i hope their weak trust and paranoia comes to a head later on but if they don't merge or swap, should be fun when they once again lose challenge next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

freeman posted:

He's probably the only one that could get away with saying some weird phrase like that due to not being a native speaker.

Naseer's great. Between all this constant strategy and resume building it's nice to see someone that looks like they're just having fun.

e's also my fav to watch so far. I t was weird the editing they chose though, just kind of slam in at last moment he found one too. It just makes me worry he won't be around long, but I'm not edit-reader so wtf do I know.