Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

freeman posted:

Been waiting over 13 years for Mole to come back. Always wondered why it didn't stick around.

I just started binging the season so this is from ages ago, but CNN told Anderson Cooper that if he wanted to stick with them and keep doing real journalism, he couldn't be off hosting a game show. They tried doing it without him but no one could come close to being as good a host as he was, then they went gimmicky with D list celebs and killed any chance the show had. Phil Keoghan could have pulled it off, he has the same energy, but I imagine they don't want one guy hosting multiple shows at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Studio posted:

He actually does host two shows now (Amazing Race, Tough as Nails). The problem with Phil during The Mole's timeline though is that TAR was doing two series a year at the time (ala Survivor). That's a crazy amount of work, if it's even possible.

I know, but this was 20 years ago, when those two and Survivor were all starting out and CBS didn't know if any would succeed far. I imagine Phil wouldn't have wanted to put all of his eggs in one basket, either. That would have been two seasons of TAR a year, plus The Mole, which also had a lot of hard traveling.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Going into the season, I thought hands down Xander would be my least favorite. He's really surprised me and I'm hoping he wins.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

What a way for Heather to go out

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Helloooooo bitter Ricard

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Wow you're not kidding

Everyone else seems pretty chill, meanwhile he looks like he's going to strangle Xander with his mind

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Really?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

None?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

I'm so confused. By the vote, and by doing the after party there. Doing it right after means no one has had time to reflect or watch the rest of the season. And means we don't get to see them months later when they look nothing like their island selves.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

A zoom reunion show isn’t fun, this is all due to Covid

I think I'd possibly prefer zoom to this, given what I like about the reunions

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

This is your daily reminder that Hantz was on an episode of Catfish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Sand Monster posted:

Details please. Was he the victim of a Catfish?

He sent in his buddy, BB's Cowboy. https://heavy.com/entertainment/big-brother/michael-cowboy-ellis-russell-hantz-james-huling-catfish/