Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Ozzy and Amanda hosed on FvF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

pst thoughts

Brad SPRINTING down the beach to spyshack is hilarious. Especially that he told both women about it before he went.

I actually really like Naseer's fire scene? It's cute. Breadwinner scenes are rare nowadays.

Okay yes Xander idol/advantage scene yeah whatever I get it. At least the BEWARE is interesting. Forcing him to say a phrase is loving hilarious. Not being able to vote UNTIL the other two are found is awful, that's... destructive. No way around sharing it with people. These phrases are loving hilariously awful.

Evvie gonna turn on Xander immediately???

Forcing him to say it over and over again is even more incredible. I love this trash.

Tiffany isn't gonna cross this beam at all, is she? Meanwhile Shan throws in a bunch of little flourishes.

Tiffany made it! And Liana blazed it. But it ain't enough. So we get to see Xander vs Tiffany?

I love the little groupings for decisions, I think that's super neat.

I'm shocked they went for it on Voce tbh

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I think the idol is way better this season because there's actual drawbacks to finding it early? It also can't be played immediately so it's like... it's way less power for way more risk. Single extra votes are less strong theoretically and a better advantage to give out cheaper.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Beware advantage is fine in concept -- but if you're gonna do something like that, you need to give us ONE player finding it, their thoughts -- and then have them go to the meetup, and then reveal the other two that found it. Give us a tiny flashback that shows who knows about it for each of them if you must, then finish the thing. There's so much time being burned explaining these things over and over.

Cast is great. Edit is bad but might be doing what it can with so much to show. Planning is bad. Trust the contestants to make good tv.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Vernacular posted:

Was the failed challenge sabotage a Survivor first?

Nope! Has happened a few times. I think it's usually cut from the show but I can remember it happened notably in Cagayan episode 3.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

nerox posted:

I always felt like The Mole was a victim of DVR not quite being so commonplace and having a season long mystery made people lose interest if they missed a week. I think its in one of my top reality shows (solitary being the other one I just massively love) and I think all episodes being available at once on something like netflix would be a fun weekend watch. I didn't know there was a new version coming out, so its very exciting.

My wife actually had never seen The Mole and it was on netflix so we watched it and she enjoyed it like that. I had forgotten who the mole was the first season, but I remembered within like 2 or 3 episodes.

You have excellent taste. Mole 2 still stands up as an incredible season imo, I have it as a top season of all time still

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I think they probably still see Naseer as loyal to them, and heck he still might be. He had that one interaction with Xander and nothing else iirc, and he was in their huddle to vote with them. Cracking that trust does more than take out a sitting duck, it makes everyone in the alliance wonder "if we can turn on Naseer so easily what's stopping them from blindsiding me next?" And then next thing you know the entire Jury is just the Luvu tribe.

Sydney was also from that tribe lol

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

They also weren't working with her. I didn't say it was tribe based it was alliance based. Naseer was in their alliance, Sydney wasn't.

one episode ago we heard deshawn and danny say that syndey was their locked in third

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I clearly do not remember that at all lol

they wanted to throw a challenge? to get rid of erika because she dared to target sydney lol

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

They did rig it! Once, in the first season, and it led to a lawsuit that they were gonna lose, so they paid out

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

The real miss for Xander there was not playing his extra vote. Extra votes aren't always that useful but as they said on Know It Alls (via Christian Hubicki text), if Xander played an extra vote on Liana then worst case it's a tie, and in a revote tie rock situation the only ones not immune will be Danny and Deshawn. So basically, if he played it he wins the vote no matter what. And the scenario where it would be needed was a very high possibility one, it just required Danny and Deshawn to not really be turning against Liana. As opposed to whatever goofy rear end scenario Shan/Ricard's extra vote was insuring against.

why would the extra vote work on the revote too? the revote would just be 2-1, wouldn't it?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Really interesting editing there -- fall of a hero type poo poo.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Vote splits don't count lol

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

I was always team kass

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Later when Kass returned for Second Chances, she wanted J'Tia to be her loved one for the visit, and production shut that down.

This part, at least, is untrue. Kass' loved one was her husband, who ended up having an emergency and not being able to come. Her alternate loved one was J'Tia, who WOULD have shown up on the show were it not for Kass being booted directly before the loved ones visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Sandra is 100% there just to give her daughter a chance to play. She knows she's toast lol.