Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Greetings
I hope things change for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Get you some toothpaste, OP

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Got my dad sweater on, let's "rap"

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't believe in feeling good

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You're ok, champ.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
thats fine OP

alot of people are struggling. its normal.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here I drew you a tiny little farm to live in OP

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's right next to the big weird face in the ground you can't miss it

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Chinatown posted:

thats fine OP

alot of people are struggling. its normal.

Let's list some positive things about ourselves and life in general.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
You're a driver. You're a winner. Things are gonna change, I can feel it.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Hash browns are great.

Chompwad
Sep 3, 2002

>[
Hash browns are bullshit filler but there to remind you that the grass is green just around the corner op

Chompwad fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 7, 2021

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

my dog died im sad posted:

Hash browns are great.

preach

Chompwad posted:

Hash browns are bullshit filler but there to remind you that the grass is green just around the corner op

Get hosed.

Look at the bright side OP, at least you're not a moron who thinks something great like fried breakfast potatoes are bullshit.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
You're only supposed to feel good a very, very small amount of the time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

my dog died im sad posted:

Let's list some positive things about ourselves and life in general.

burritos

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Carne asada fries!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
First time?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Well I feel great about you, OP. Only one of us can be correct. Wanna argue about it?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
The trick is to not feel good for so long you don't notice

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

epic 2012 username posted:

Greetings
I hope things change for me

Hell, same.

Chompwad
Sep 3, 2002

>[

Linux Pirate posted:

preach

Get hosed.

Look at the bright side OP, at least you're not a moron who thinks something great like fried breakfast potatoes are bullshit.

can I sub these 4lb of hashbrowns with fried butter or tots at least

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

runnypoops posted:

The trick is to not feel good for so long you don't notice

:hmmyes:

If you trick your brain into accepting your current situation as a normal default state, you won't ever have to do anything to change it :)

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You're only supposed to feel good a very, very small amount of the time.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Op, we may have never met but I consider you my friend. Hey friend, if you need anything let me know. I’m here for you.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

When I feel that way I drink until it stops, I'm a functioning alcoholic. Not sure if that helps but hope you feel better bro

Chompwad
Sep 3, 2002

>[

Colonel Cancer posted:

:hmmyes:

If you trick your brain into accepting your current situation as a normal default state, you won't ever have to do anything to change it :)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

people are under a lot of stress, bradley

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

great big cardboard tube posted:

When I feel that way I drink until it stops, I'm a functioning alcoholic. Not sure if that helps but hope you feel better bro

Not even slightly joking, getting a buzz going stops my anxiety like a charm. This is a personal anecdote and not meant to be medical advice.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Try eating some chocolate, but not too much

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
here's my hashbrowns recipe:

- melt a bit of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, enough to cover the bottom of the pan. yeah I said butter. gently caress a cooking oil, use butter
- add hashbrowns. they can be, any hashbrowns, precut/frozen ones are honestly fine, I like Simply Potatoes and Ore-Ida brands, but if you're just chopping up regular potatoes yourself that's even better. I actually really like russets but yukon golds add a natural sweetness/creaminess and might be better for you? 1 russet, 1-2 yukon golds, or enough pre-chopped potatoes out of a bag to cover the bottom of the pan. they can be strings or tiny cubes it don't matter
- go like... high-medium medium-high heat. like the higher end of halfway between medium and medium-high
- important: chop and dice about half an onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic. oh if the potatoes weren't frozen you probably should have done this part earlier. anyway add them to the potatoes while they're cooking
- season with a light dusting of black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. (I know we already added onions and garlic but I basically use these three seasonings for everything)
- important: stir constantly. don't just do all the hashbrowns in one lump like at a diner so the middle's not cooked and the outside is burnt, blegh. or do if you wanna, I guess, poo poo man I don't care. but if you want them ala cubone, keep stirring them shits around the whole time, until golden brown

this is so good, to me, that you don't even need anything else, and sometimes I just do like that,
but I generally eat with 2-3 spanish fried eggs
and either a few strips of bacon or maybe some leftover steak or a hamburger patty or some chorizo or a few links of cheddarwurst if I'm feeling patriotic

this is a hearty breakfast for 1 (ONE) strapping and winsome growing young American lad, OR... a light breakfast for, I would estimate a european family of 2-3?
but it also microwaves really well, so if you don't mind eating the same thing later just put some saran wrap over whatever you can't finish baby.
and that's hashbrowns

Cubone fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Sep 7, 2021

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
it's okay OP, some days are uppers and some days are downers. but we can get through this together :)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

it's okay OP, some days are uppers and some days are downers. but we can get through this together :)

yeah man sometimes you take uppers and downers at the same time

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
woah then what happens?

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Sounds like it's a good time to bluesdad

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If you don't spend everyday thinking about dying, are you really living?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear you're down OP. I should probably get back on antidepressants myself, but it'd be a bit of a hassle so I keep putting it off. I'm usually just a few bad days or a few too many minutes thinking about my feelings of loneliness from a serious depression spiral myself.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cubone posted:

here's my hashbrowns recipe:

- melt a bit of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, enough to cover the bottom of the pan. yeah I said butter. gently caress a cooking oil, use butter
- add hashbrowns. they can be, any hashbrowns, precut/frozen ones are honestly fine, I like Simply Potatoes and Ore-Ida brands, but if you're just chopping up regular potatoes yourself that's even better. I actually really like russets but yukon golds add a natural sweetness/creaminess and might be better for you? 1 russet, 1-2 yukon golds, or enough pre-chopped potatoes out of a bag to cover the bottom of the pan. they can be strings or tiny cubes it don't matter
- go like... high-medium medium-high heat. like the higher end of halfway between medium and medium-high
- important: chop and dice about half an onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic. oh if the potatoes weren't frozen you probably should have done this part earlier. anyway add them to the potatoes while they're cooking
- season with a light dusting of black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. (I know we already added onions and garlic but I basically use these three seasonings for everything)
- important: stir constantly. don't just do all the hashbrowns in one lump like at a diner so the middle's not cooked and the outside is burnt, blegh. or do if you wanna, I guess, poo poo man I don't care. but if you want them ala cubone, keep stirring them shits around the whole time, until golden brown

this is so good, to me, that you don't even need anything else, and sometimes I just do like that,
but I generally eat with 2-3 spanish fried eggs
and either a few strips of bacon or maybe some leftover steak or a hamburger patty or some chorizo or a few links of cheddarwurst if I'm feeling patriotic

this is a hearty breakfast for 1 (ONE) strapping and winsome growing young American lad, OR... a light breakfast for, I would estimate a european family of 2-3?
but it also microwaves really well, so if you don't mind eating the same thing later just put some saran wrap over whatever you can't finish baby.
and that's hashbrowns

Breakfast slop is an underappreciated artform.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I like making home fries. Then I can make breakfast burritos!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I like to look at some stuff I feel lucky to have

Like that I sleep in a race car bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
It takes very little effort to get a doctor to finger your rear end. I sincerely hope this helps.