Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Every day at like 1PM I get a couple of those mission low carb soft tacos out, put a modest amount of BBQ pulled pork on them. Throw it in the over on 250 degrees for 9 minutes, and take it out and then slather it in sriracha sauce. Put a bit of shredded romaine lettuce for crunch. loving YUM-BO baby. Even has a pretty good macronutrient balance and for my workouts in the evening, but it's the hot sauce that really brings it all together and wouldn't be the same without.

Sriracha rules, especially on pizza as well.

A nice spicy jalapeno cheeseburger is also top notch.

Supposedly there's a "jalapeno popper grilled cheese" somewhere in my town that I gotta hit up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

sporkstand posted:

OP try this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Samyang-Chicken-noodle-Buldak-Variety/dp/B079WLKGF2
I like spicy stuff but I could only eat a couple bites of this ramen before I had to bin it.

The samyang (particularly the 2x) is what I was referencing in my earlier post about spice concentration. This stuff isn't "that hot" on the scoville scale but the rating is as is served in a bowl, so it's basically like you're just spooning down hotsauce, which turns out most people understandably can't handle even if it's a p mild sauce all things considered.

If you do find yourself faced with these in the future you'll notice the directions include boiling the noodles then stirfying them in the sauce packets, just keep in mind that dilution works for these too and you can absolutely just stirfry some veg and/or eggs with them and suddenly the heat seemingly disappears. Great way to stretch leftover roasted veg/protein when lazy, works well with fresh sliced stuff too.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I had that ramen when I lived in Korea - completely inedible imho.

It's not just that it's insanely spicy, but the fact that it's delivery method is noodles and you have so much slurping and breath and air going in and out over your mouth and lips when you eat them just makes it ridiculously painful.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
One of my favorite snacks is a mug of hot chicken stock with a few tablespoons of chili garlic paste mixed into it. So cozy tasting.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

longtimelurker posted:

When I quit smoking I had to quit spicy because my taste buds returned or something. Even Tapatio is too hot for me now and its a real shame.

Spicy food is literally just a tolerance thing, if you just eat it regularly your mouth will not feel any different smothering a given food in sri racha than if you had used the same amount of ketchup. This is also why people that brag about spice tolerance are dumb and insulting people's lack of spice tolerance is projection, the reality is to someone who doesn't eat spicy stuff regularly enough to build a tolerance squirting a drop or two of tabasco into a pile of hashbrowns is perhaps even more difficult to eat than someone like me mixing in a tablespoon of melinda's ghost pepper sauce into my toppings for a burg.

The benefit to keeping at it is most good spicy food uses the flavors of the peppers themselves to compliment the dish and the capsaicin is just along for the ride. Heat for the sake of heat is something that certainly exists but a lot of hot food was made with the other flavors in mind.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s not super spicy but a drizzle of Mike’s Hot Honey on fried chicken or pizza is just :discourse:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

Spicy food is literally just a tolerance thing, if you just eat it regularly your mouth will not feel any different smothering a given food in sri racha than if you had used the same amount of ketchup. This is also why people that brag about spice tolerance are dumb and insulting people's lack of spice tolerance is projection, the reality is to someone who doesn't eat spicy stuff regularly enough to build a tolerance squirting a drop or two of tabasco into a pile of hashbrowns is perhaps even more difficult to eat than someone like me mixing in a tablespoon of melinda's ghost pepper sauce into my toppings for a burg.

The benefit to keeping at it is most good spicy food uses the flavors of the peppers themselves to compliment the dish and the capsaicin is just along for the ride. Heat for the sake of heat is something that certainly exists but a lot of hot food was made with the other flavors in mind.

We know.
They're saying that smoking returned their sense of taste.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

We know.
They're saying that smoking returned their sense of taste.

yeah I got that I just mean it's not some forgone conclusion that they are now sensitive to spicy foods. Keep putting tapatio on your eggs and you'll be right as rain.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
My pepper plants got climate changed hard this year and are all stunted :(

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

I mean you can just mail order them from everywhere my man

fresh peps you mean?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I had a bag of those Ghost Pepper Paqui chips and I could soak up a paper towel with every chip and it hosed up my guts for probably a whole week.

I love spicy food, but it doesn't like me. I think you really need to be raised with it. I tried to be a late convert, my folks never fed me spice when I was a kid. Now I suffer.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

kntfkr posted:

Everyone who tries it loves it. The MSG really makes it pop! You gotta be careful though and check out the nutrition label, it's like a billion calories per tablespoon.

My wife and I are convinced you could make a lot of money stocking it in regular white folk super markets and we tried to make our own but it was hard. I like it better than sriracha and think it could be just as popular.

Actually I've seen a version of it at Albertson's with a fully English label that otherwise looks pretty much the same. I think they just need to get the word out.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVqdlngJbMg

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I used to eat so much hot sauce that I'd constantly have the shits at work and have to go take a dump like every hour

So in summary, it was great because I'd poo poo on the clock

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Up til my late teens, cracked pepper was my limit. Wasabi broke through the barrier first, then a little bit of tobasco on scrambled eggs got me going further. I noticed after like a month (?) that I was putting on so much tobasco to get the right heat level that I may as well just been eating a bowl of vinegar.

Took it to the extreme, tapped out at this Blair's Ultra Death sauce that is just agony in a bottle. Now I just like habanero based sauces or fresh diced habs to add to whatever I'm cooking. The Blair's stuff still gets busted out on very rare occasions for pizza roulette nights where a blob of this sauce is hidden under one bit of pepperoni and everyone takes a turn eating a slice til someone gets blasted.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Hello, my name is Ninurta and I am a hot sauce/spicy food addict. I've tried to curtail my habit but Quarantine didn't really help matters.

This is my current stash, not counting the box of Scorned Woman that Amazon sent me when I complained about 2 of the bottles being broken. So I have about a dozen of those hiding in my closet, unopened as well as 2 in the cabinet.

There's also a packet of 2x spicy chicken, some Nongshim Kimchee bowls and a new packet of Shin Black on my fridge, waiting to kill me. I also have some Indomi Mi Goreng fried onion noodles that make a fantastic base for any dish and are relatively low in sodium content and are ready in 3 minutes. They come with 2 seasoning packets and a sachet of hot chili oil and a sweet soy sauce so you can season as desired. Add in some spring onions, beans, leftover rotisserie chicken and/or egg and some Siracha and it's fantastic.

Edit: My XBone is on the table because of some water damage thanks to last months Monsoon season. I had to move my entertainment center & TV so they can redo the ceiling this week.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
One time we bought habaneros from a local farmers market and my wife tried making pepper fried pork with them in our cramped apartment and we had to leave because she essentially created tear gas.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I used to work with a guy from Korea that really bought into the idea that
A)White people can’t eat spicy food
And
B)Korean food is the hottest food in the world (it super, super is not)

So when he saw me with one of my superhots at lunch time he, despite my warnings, dumped a ton on his lunch because if I was eating it with no problem, and his food is SUPER SPICY, this’ll be cake.

He was not happy but still believed both A and B afterwards. Even though my hot sauce had him sweating and pacing for like twenty minutes.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

kntfkr posted:

One time we bought habaneros from a local farmers market and my wife tried making pepper fried pork with them in our cramped apartment and we had to leave because she essentially created tear gas.

it's easy to do

i remember staying over at a friend's place once and we had to bail mega early because his roommate was dousing her eggs with hot sauce right into the hot skillet

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

hell astro course posted:

I see it paired very often with star anise which does taste like licorice to me, but I'm also a person who likes licorice.

Of course... Duh, I'm an idiot.

Edit: also, has anyone tried the 2 x chicken ramen cold? It's quite pleasant.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

AHH F/UGH posted:

I used to eat so much hot sauce that I'd constantly have the shits at work and have to go take a dump like every hour

So in summary, it was great because I'd poo poo on the clock

gross. someone has to clean that clock, you animal.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

No no, I was referring to Richard Clock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbnJFQ5pnog

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

RGX
Sep 23, 2004
Unstoppable

Ninurta posted:

Hello, my name is Ninurta and I am a hot sauce/spicy food addict. I've tried to curtail my habit but Quarantine didn't really help matters.

That green El Yucateco near the bottom right is literally the tastiest sauce I've ever had in my life, I used to keep a bottle of it at work and stir it in with tins of mixed beans to make a fantastic lunch, mopped up with a tortilla.

The brown versions of the same brand up above were so hot they made a friend of mine who loves his west indian spices hallucinate. Good sauce!

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Devils Affricate posted:

Something that I think about from time to time: spiciness propagates through our digestive system all the way to our butthole, and we suffer for it in this way. But imagine if capsaicin was not only expelled through the anus, but the urethra as well. Ghost pepper piss. Nature, at least in this regard, was kind to us.

I can't be the only person who's woken up after a hard night of drinking and some really spicy food to have it burn pretty loving bad when I pee...right? I've also taken a poo poo so bad it blistered my rear end cheeks. I wish I was joking.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

RGX posted:

That green El Yucateco near the bottom right is literally the tastiest sauce I've ever had in my life, I used to keep a bottle of it at work and stir it in with tins of mixed beans to make a fantastic lunch, mopped up with a tortilla.

The brown versions of the same brand up above were so hot they made a friend of mine who loves his west indian spices hallucinate. Good sauce!

El Yucateco is legit tasty, so drat good in beans.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Just lol if you don't ask for the house red sauce at your local Mexican joint

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I used to work with a guy from Korea that really bought into the idea that
A)White people can’t eat spicy food
And
B)Korean food is the hottest food in the world (it super, super is not)

So when he saw me with one of my superhots at lunch time he, despite my warnings, dumped a ton on his lunch because if I was eating it with no problem, and his food is SUPER SPICY, this’ll be cake.

He was not happy but still believed both A and B afterwards. Even though my hot sauce had him sweating and pacing for like twenty minutes.
tbf honky spice tolerance is mostly found at the extremes, i.e. either "i need some milk to go with this steamed rice" or "i'm going to eat this scorpion pepper crossbred with lava without flinching". Maybe he'd never encountered the second type.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 8, 2021

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My wife doesn't like spicy food or mushrooms.
I stopped cooking with mushrooms, but she can't stop me from dumping hot sauce on every meal!!
:getin:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

AHH F/UGH posted:

I had that ramen when I lived in Korea - completely inedible imho.

It's not just that it's insanely spicy, but the fact that it's delivery method is noodles and you have so much slurping and breath and air going in and out over your mouth and lips when you eat them just makes it ridiculously painful.
I've noticed this effect too that spicy ramen can be a dangerous affair because you end up INHALING a lot of the capsaicin along with the piping hot liquid just coating all of your mouth.

Lately I've been seeing these Chinese instant noodle appear they have a pretty unique flavor compared to the ones I was used to. I have a few favorites but they make a "vine chili" one that is seshjuan and it's very good and numbing. The packaging has some funny cartoon devils on them. Here's a link I found with one of them.

https://www.pacificrimfoods.com/post/what-the-devil-shi-zu-ren-energy

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

I've noticed this effect too that spicy ramen can be a dangerous affair because you end up INHALING a lot of the capsaicin along with the piping hot liquid just coating all of your mouth.

Lately I've been seeing these Chinese instant noodle appear they have a pretty unique flavor compared to the ones I was used to. I have a few favorites but they make a "vine chili" one that is seshjuan and it's very good and numbing. The packaging has some funny cartoon devils on them. Here's a link I found with one of them.

https://www.pacificrimfoods.com/post/what-the-devil-shi-zu-ren-energy

whoa look at all that stuff.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

today is WING WEDNESDAY from the place next to my house and im going to get INFERNO WINGS

i actually got them to put that flavor on there when they first opened years ago cause i kept asking them to make my buffalo wings hotter and hotter lol

pray for my butthole

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 8, 2021

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

kntfkr posted:

Everyone who tries it loves it. The MSG really makes it pop! You gotta be careful though and check out the nutrition label, it's like a billion calories per tablespoon.

oh btw going back to this point about laoganma, it's not nearly as bad as it looks on the nutrition label

idk about yours but mine lists 380 calories per 60g, and you might think "holy poo poo! that's a lot!!" except that one spoonful of the stuff, which is all you really need for a bowl of food, is like 10g or less. 60ish calories for a condiment is nothing

So basically go hog wild with it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like flaming hot cheetos if you eat them with chopsticks you dont get red stuff all over your fingers!!!!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

I like flaming hot cheetos if you eat them with chopsticks you dont get red stuff all over your fingers!!!!

If you dump them directly into your mouth, you don't need chopsticks either!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 9, 2021

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I just use gloves if I care about getting flavoring powder on my hands. Same deal when chopping hot peppers

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Share tips for making your own sauce!

I like to use abt. a teaspoon of this Spanish smoked paprika powder, it's really good for anything tomato based:

https://www.amazon.com/Dalia-Sweet-Smoked-Paprika-Spain/dp/B094Y9J3YF?th=1

My current batch has:

* That smoked paprika powder
* Half an onion
* 1 tomato
* A bagful of habaneros
* Half a lime's worth of juice
* A couple spoons of salt, a bit of sugar
* A dash of vinegar

Sauté everything in a kettle, add water and simmer to soften things up, then blend into even consistency.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

My cousin just sent me this from the US.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

This stuff is one of the superior chilli sauces. Basically just chilli and garlic. Pretty hot but not stupidly hot. Goes good on everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Could always use a few extra female pedophiles

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)