Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anyone got any good gochujang sauce recipes? I'm thinking like dak-gangjeong, but, really any sauce that's good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Arby's has a limited time spicy chicken or spicy roast beef that's "so spicy" it comes with a free vanilla shake.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/arbys-new-diablo-dare-sandwiches

"We Diablo Dare you to try this new sandwich," chief marketing officer Patrick Schwing said in a press release. "This is not a sandwich for the faint of heart. [...] Our research tells us that consumers are disappointed by fast-food claims of spicy. We took that as a challenge by making sure all different types of spicy—the hot, the numbing, and the lingering—are combined to make the Diablo Dare a true test of how much heat you can handle. Arby's is setting a new standard of spice—when we say it, we mean it."

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah the next time a fast food place gives me something I need a free drink with is the day I throw myself a lowtax party

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Dignity Van Houten posted:

Arby's has a limited time spicy chicken or spicy roast beef that's "so spicy" it comes with a free vanilla shake.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/arbys-new-diablo-dare-sandwiches

"We Diablo Dare you to try this new sandwich," chief marketing officer Patrick Schwing said in a press release. "This is not a sandwich for the faint of heart. [...] Our research tells us that consumers are disappointed by fast-food claims of spicy. We took that as a challenge by making sure all different types of spicy—the hot, the numbing, and the lingering—are combined to make the Diablo Dare a true test of how much heat you can handle. Arby's is setting a new standard of spice—when we say it, we mean it."

All that bluster is just going to make the inevitable mildness even more disappointing.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
The goon who got me to join SA made some fermented habanero and carrot hot sauce last year and gave me a bottle. I thought the combination was kind of bullshit at first but the sugars in the carrots did some interesting things to the flavor while retaining the heat of the habaneros. It was definitely a little sweeter but also the fermentation added a kick to it as well.
That poo poo didn't last long in my house. We put it on everything until it was gone and now we're waiting for more or even a recipe. You know who you are, give us more.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Prof. Crocodile posted:

All that bluster is just going to make the inevitable mildness even more disappointing.

This is how I always feel.

EXPLOSION OF FIRE across the screen

"You hosed up, bitch! Buying this burger is suicide by flamethrower, and you're a hubristic moron!!! We should just feed you hot loving lead, you masochist, but you'd probably jizz on our floor while choking and Gary called in so I'm not touching that. Eat this burger, eat Satan's simmering buttonhole, what's the practical difference? Christ I hope this poo poo's finally hot enough for you whiners"

Mm, slightly red pepper flavored!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
either that or it's just full of capsaicin extract and tastes horrible

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Trip report - it's definitely the spiciest fast food sandwich. And it came with a small milkshake as promised. The downside though is that it was a sloppy, drippy Arby's sandwich. 6.5/10. If it wasn't so messy and wet it would have been a solid 7.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

thank you for your service

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Bring back volcano sauce Taco Bell, you cowards.

Captain Charisma
Nov 10, 2021

my mom got this stuff for Christmas and for general use it's vastly inferior to the lao gan ma you can buy in huge quantities at any competent Asian market

it is, however, goddamn delicious on ice cream or custard

my life has been changed

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Made a batch of hot sauce with pineapple juice and thai dragons which was okay, a bit to heat-forward and the pineapple juice is a bit too sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhy5PxLdzE&t=561s

Made a batch with peaches and ghost peppers that is perrrrrrrfect: Nice slow-rising sweetness that then tapers off, leaving me to realize my mouth is on fire.

Can't remember where I got the recipe for that one, or if I just threw a buncha stuff together. I remember I used canned peaches, which turned out surprisingly well. Maybe this is it: https://uwaffle.wordpress.com/2014/12/18/peach-ghost-pepper-hot-sauce-recipe/

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 11, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So far in my sauce making experience I enjoy using ghost peppers the most. I made a Blackberry Ghost pepper sauce Halloween 2020 that was fantastic.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Tiger sauce may not be hot sauce in the traditional sense but it is great at rescuing cheap or poorly cooked cuts of meat.

I bring some to every dinner hosted by my rural relatives, who consider blandness to be next to godliness.

I like their pickapeppa too. It's not hot but it is delish.

TryMe is a good brand name. So direct!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

how many spoon fulls of wasabi powder would cause a brain aneurism??

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
A local Thai place by me does Thai spicy, so I tried pad Thai at that level

I finally found a spice level I cannot eat.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Thai Hot at my local Thai place is just hot enough to make the food less enjoyable but not like holy poo poo I can’t handle this.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I can take some heat but once it gets to a point, yeah, I don't enjoy my food at all. I don't like pain.

I've been watching a lot of Hot Ones the past few days. It's fun to watch the celebrities in pain but Sean asks some really good questions. A lot of the celebrities are impressed by how deep he goes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
hot sauce of my own peppers - mostly carolina reapers with some habereros and jalapenos

it's quite delicious and the sauce-making part itself is very easy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mozi posted:

hot sauce of my own peppers - mostly carolina reapers with some habereros and jalapenos

it's quite delicious and the sauce-making part itself is very easy

Nice job! Do you have to age it at all?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
fermented the peppers for two weeks before the sauce-ifying, yeah. makes a very tasty brine. as far as the sauce itself it seems to have mellowed a little bit with age, either that or i got used to the heat

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That sounds awesome.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ve been making my own crazy hot sauces for a couple years now, please don’t start telling people how easy it is

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Have been enjoying the hell out of this stuff lately

https://heatonist.com/collections/mild-hot-sauces/products/hot-ones-the-classic

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its rare to find an enjoyable spicy entree these days

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Mozi posted:

fermented the peppers for two weeks before the sauce-ifying, yeah. makes a very tasty brine. as far as the sauce itself it seems to have mellowed a little bit with age, either that or i got used to the heat

I've noticed fermented sauce tastes way better after chilling in the fridge for a while

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I really like Dirty Dick’s Hot Pepper Sauce With a Tropical Twist. It was on Hot Ones season 4. May be too fruity for some palates. Really complex flavours. :discourse: Hot enough for me, yet not stupidly hot. It's won a whole bunch of awards.

$10 AUD for a little bottle, but it's worth it.

Ingredients: Habanero Peppers, Mangoes, Pineapple, Vinegar, Bananas, Tomatoes, Brown Sugar, Raisins, Onions, Garlic, Salt, and Spices.

Ninurta posted:

Hello, my name is Ninurta and I am a hot sauce/spicy food addict. I've tried to curtail my habit but Quarantine didn't really help matters.

This is my current stash ...

See leftmost bottle centre row. :hfive:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That black El Yucateco is delicious.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Blow posted:

I really like Dirty Dick’s Hot Pepper Sauce With a Tropical Twist. It was on Hot Ones season 4. May be too fruity for some palates. Really complex flavours. :discourse: Hot enough for me, yet not stupidly hot. It's won a whole bunch of awards.

I really like hot sauces that have banana in them, I think it makes for a lovely base

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Secret Aardvark Habanero and Valentina Black are my go-to general hot sauces. Both Yellowbird Habanero and Ghost Pepper are delicious as well. Hot One's Garlic Fresno hot sauce is VERY good, even if it is like 10 dollars a bottle.

Louisana Hot sauce is my guilty lovely hot sauce pleasure.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lifepuzzler posted:

:hmmyes: I always have a bottle of a Louisiana hot sauce. Currently I have Crystal which is my go to. Also the Yellowbird Serrano is really good.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Crystal owns. Got a big rear end jar of Franks I need to get through before I can buy more

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
How come I never seen this thread?!

I am a masochist and I buy some of the hottest poo poo on the market for thrills, mental high, and because I hate myself.

I am sure someone has mentioned it but if you want something that will make you regret feeling heat. Go here: https://puckerbuttpeppercompany.com/

You have been warned. I enjoy it but it is definitely not for everyone.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Heathotsauce.com has a loving insane selection and the best prices IMO.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Lifepuzzler posted:

Secret Aardvark Habanero and Valentina Black are my go-to general hot sauces. Both Yellowbird Habanero and Ghost Pepper are delicious as well. Hot One's Garlic Fresno hot sauce is VERY good, even if it is like 10 dollars a bottle.

Aardvark sauce is amazing and when I went home I grabbed three bottles of it because I love it that much

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

gonna eat these tonight and then cross post in the pants making GBS threads thread

Sometimes you gotta go through hell to get to heaven.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

kazr posted:

I've noticed fermented sauce tastes way better after chilling in the fridge for a while

you should probably keep it refrigerated in any case otherwise bad stuff might get growing

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Tabasco is trash.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

gonna eat these tonight and then cross post in the pants making GBS threads thread

Sometimes you gotta go through hell to get to heaven.

I did the "one chip challenge," by them. It felt and tasted like someone just sprayed pepper spray in my mouth. Then, about 10 minutes later, my stomach felt like someone had run a knife through it. The pain went away and I was fine, but what the gently caress? I eat hot peppers and sauces all the time for stupid thrills, in fact I just ate a dried out Naga Viper last week. Nothing has ever made me feel like I'd been stabbed before. So now I stay away from that brand.