Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Dr_Strangelove posted:

My prediction was Urbz out by Week 14

Might have to move that up a tad

Petrino made it 13 games in Atlanta before slithering into the night. I don't think Meyer will be fired, but will have pissed off enough people that he develops a recurrence of his heart condition before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

fsif posted:

This HAS to be bullshit pot stirring.

Straight into my veins.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Mike Smith to Dan Quinn

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

seiferguy posted:

When was the last time we had a player coach?

Officially, Dan Reeves was a player-assistant coach through the 1971 season with Dallas. Looks like the lead player-head coach was Ernie Nevers in 1931. George Halas and Curly Lambeau had been the same in recent years.

Not that it matters because NFL salary cap rules forbid it from happening in an official named capacity now.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

If this isn't the big guns, what *are* the big guns left to release?

:suspense: :stonk: :psypop:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This dude is tiny in person. Jacked for sure but like 5’2. Just a tiny angry little man. He used to go to the same school my brother went to in Tampa.

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/951531030690676736

Looks like a dude who has smashed a few car hoods at clubs.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I could just be missing something by being an Atlanta fan, but what's the appeal of Quinn? I mean, 28-3 was the high point of this man's life. He not only blew it in a few minutes, but then aggressively sucked until he was fired.

Why do so many people even consider putting him in change of an NFL a good idea? Besides NFL owners being complete idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who is the most unqualified person to ever be an NFL HC?

Lou Holtz is right up there.

Holtz thought it would be a good idea to run the veer in the NFL. The veer. With 1976 Joe Namath.

Lou Holtz wrote a fight song for the Jets.

Here's Alex Karras and Howard Cosell making GBS threads all over it on MNF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sYDyCJHj0&t=218s

Jets went 3-11 (3-10 under Holtz). One of those really shouldn't count because it was the Bucs.