Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This is the thread about Pathfinder 2 the sequel to the highly acclaimed game Pathfinder 1 which came out on computer a few years ago. I think this game is great fun. I made this thread so everyone from Imp Zone can pile on and make fun of me for playing a rpg developed outside of Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hope your lawful neutral mage can weild a glaive or whatever.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Thanks. Typically mages can't wield glaives, unless they multiclass or take martial weapon proficiency as a feat.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

FACTually! They can in this game, as an early game book gives any class glaive proficiency for free!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I do want to play this OP but I've barely gotten started on Kingmaker and I also heard it's like 200 hours long. How is the turn-based mode? I generally prefer turn-based to RTWP but it seems hard to design a game for both; in PoE2 it felt like I was running into trash encounters that took way longer than they should have, and the way some mechanics translated was really weird

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

FACTually! They can in this game, as an early game book gives any class glaive proficiency for free!

What the gently caress. This changes everything.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

goferchan posted:

I do want to play this OP but I've barely gotten started on Kingmaker and I also heard it's like 200 hours long. How is the turn-based mode? I generally prefer turn-based to RTWP but it seems hard to design a game for both; in PoE2 it felt like I was running into trash encounters that took way longer than they should have, and the way some mechanics translated was really weird

I toggle RTWP on and off as needed with the T key. They have maybe too many trash mob encounters to use turn based all of the time. But turn based is great for bosses and hard battles. Hell, you can even change modes mid battle.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

goferchan posted:

The turn based mode makes me question my sanity sometimes. There are fights that are way, way harder on turn based and take absolutely loving forever to resolve. I play on Core difficulty.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Average Bear posted:

I toggle RTWP on and off as needed with the T key. They have maybe too many trash mob encounters to use turn based all of the time. But turn based is great for bosses and hard battles. Hell, you can even change modes mid battle.

Ohhhh being able to toggle is cool, IIRC in PoE2 it was a permanent choice when you started the game Very intrigued

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

i got the deluxe edition of kingmaker for 10 bux thanks to a coupon Bill "Poland" Gog sent to me PERSONALLY a few weeks ago

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this game looka sick but i want to clean out my backlog some instead of buying new poo poo. next year

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
I'm itching for a rpg like pathfinder but i've already decided to test out my new computer chair's rear end sitting potential with that tyranny game that came out some years ago, maybe. ive watched some gameplay and pathfinder seems to be a good filler while i wait for balders gate 3 so i guess im a little conflicted in what massive 100+ hr rpg to lose my life to atm.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

I'm itching for a rpg like pathfinder but i've already decided to test out my new computer chair's rear end sitting potential with that tyranny game that came out some years ago, maybe. ive watched some gameplay and pathfinder seems to be a good filler while i wait for balders gate 3 so i guess im a little conflicted in what massive 100+ hr rpg to lose my life to atm.

Great news gamer Tyranny is only 20 hours long.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

Great news gamer Tyranny is only 20 hours long.

lol wtf @_@

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

spend 0 hours with obsidian turds is my advice.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pewdiepie posted:

This is the thread about Pathfinder 2 the sequel to the highly acclaimed game Pathfinder 1 which came out on computer a few years ago. I think this game is great fun. I made this thread so everyone from Imp Zone can pile on and make fun of me for playing a rpg developed outside of Japan.

oh poo poo

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

wait so is there coop like Divinity so i can play iwth my wife or is it singleplayer..?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

insane anime posted:

wait so is there coop like Divinity so i can play iwth my wife or is it singleplayer..?

Singleplayer only.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Pewdiepie posted:

Singleplayer only.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Average Bear posted:

this is a glaive mistake imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

lol wtf @_@

Note that this is because the game unceremoniously ends 2/3 through just as it introduces a bunch of mechanics and starts to get interesting.

Anyway looking forward to playibg this, never got round to the first one

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Note that this is because the game unceremoniously ends 2/3 through just as it introduces a bunch of mechanics and starts to get interesting.

Anyway looking forward to playibg this, never got round to the first one

urge to play pathfinder instead, rising

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

Singleplayer only.

Hm.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im glad theres a turn based mode, stoked to try another one of these gigantic whale rpgs once im done with divinity 2

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Been playing this game for days. It's fantastic if you like character building. Can't think of any games that come close, except for NWN2.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Will it let me make a Falafel Good paladin of shwarma

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Beginning to collect undead party members.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can this game run on a POS. It seems awesome but my gpu has been melting if i try to play a game made after 2018 in most cases.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Can this game run on a POS. It seems awesome but my gpu has been melting if i try to play a game made after 2018 in most cases.

It is built in Unity, so unfortunately it is needlessly insane with GPU usage. But for the most part, yes.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
I am really wanting to play this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I turned myself into a Swarm, Morty! I am t
The Swarm That Walks!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
wish there was a character builder online to put together a character during work hrs, can only find various wikis which aint much fun

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

This game runs like poo poo sometimes. I have a bad GPU.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Nutmeg posted:

wish there was a character builder online to put together a character during work hrs, can only find various wikis which aint much fun

does it have an offline one?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Pewdiepie posted:

This game runs like poo poo sometimes. I have a bad GPU.

I have a 3070 and dungeons with a lot of fire/light sources or big battle scenes chug a bit. Haven't messed with settings because it's only in certain areas but the game is definitely more resource-intensive than most isometric BG-likes

I also need to respec my cavalier mercenary to a class that doesn't have a pet because his horse is gigantic and essentially always in the way unless it's dead, which it is a lot of the time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Nutmeg posted:

just accept that 90% of the stats and skills are useless, actively harmful, or non functioning like in all rpgs whether j or w. farewell

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Starting to get pissed off at the game around act 4. Buggy, but fun and very long eurojank game.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Average Bear posted:

Starting to get pissed off at the game around act 4. Buggy, but fun and very long eurojank game.

i guess the first pathfinder game was buggy too. been thinking on waiting a bit to see if some patches drop on this one before i try it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lol yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Finally beat this game. Took a month!