Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

690 exp for beating that bullshit Mission where we have to defend the tavern from 1000000 mobs. gently caress htis game lol. Still; im going to keep playing to show this piece of poo poo who their wizard daddy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

insane anime posted:

690 exp for beating that bullshit Mission where we have to defend the tavern from 1000000 mobs. gently caress htis game lol. Still; im going to keep playing to show this piece of poo poo who their wizard daddy is.

and i cant loot the battle lol. gently caress you game

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
Finished the game as an Aeon archer fighter tonight. Was really cool and made me wanna replay as a trickster backstabber or mage or something. Game owns.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

insane anime posted:

That fight sucks. They only get better after.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
think i may lower the difficulty from core. i spent 4 hours all in the market square area and didnt even finish it all before i had to go to bed. is the game that dense or am i just taking it too slow? i dunno. combat im doing turn based as i dont think ill ever switch to real time with all the poo poo that goes on, but i feel at this rate ill be playing this game into 2022

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

think i may lower the difficulty from core. i spent 4 hours all in the market square area and didnt even finish it all before i had to go to bed. is the game that dense or am i just taking it too slow? i dunno. combat im doing turn based as i dont think ill ever switch to real time with all the poo poo that goes on, but i feel at this rate ill be playing this game into 2022

Market square is definitely the densest area in the game, combat encounter wise. You're still like level 4 so it feels even slower. This game is combat heavy, but that's definitely where it grinds the hardest by far.

And that's also why they balanced for Normal. Core game rules would never give you that many encounters in PnP.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nutmeg posted:

I generally don't like RTWP but they make it very easy in this game to switch between the two, so I usually go real-time for standard smaller encounters and turn-based for big bosses and stuff. I think it's similar to PoE2 where even though the mechanics for it are passable, the encounters weren't designed with turn-based play in mind and can sometimes feel like a slog. Thankfully, unlike Pillars, it's really easy to swap here.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

I generally don't like RTWP but they make it very easy in this game to switch between the two, so I usually go real-time for standard smaller encounters and turn-based for big bosses and stuff. I think it's similar to PoE2 where even though the mechanics for it are passable, the encounters weren't designed with turn-based play in mind and can sometimes feel like a slog. Thankfully, unlike Pillars, it's really easy to swap here.

It's unreal that you had to use an obscure console command to swap between the two in PoE2. I know some of the skills etc worked differently depending on which of the two you picked, who cares, let me take the risk, your game's mechanics are mostly poo poo and semi-functional anyway. It was fine

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

started pathfinder kingmaker last week w/o even knowing a second one existed cause it was like 5 bucks on steam thats sick. overall i think im way too loving dumb for this game but so far havent been punished at all for just picking stats that seem cool. is that going to catch up to me eventually like am i gonna hit level 10 and have to respec everything with 20 fextralife build guide tabs open or

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nutmeg posted:

Playing on core completely burned me out of playing this game.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

What classes are you guys playing?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

im playing kingmaker and i really wish the choices of being an evil dick had a warning saying that this would block your companion quests...

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Mordekai posted:

I had a lot of fun with a bloodrager. It was kinda bugged when I played it though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plutonis posted:

im playing kingmaker and i really wish the choices of being an evil dick had a warning saying that this would block your companion quests...

Live with the consequences of your actions. Villains deserve no mercy!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mordekai posted:

My character is a oracle from level 1 to level 20.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

I just went back to playing the Kingmaker DLC. Trying out a kineticist. Which is a super weird class.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
going to automate the army management in the game. it takes me drat near half an hour to level up my guys when i level up sometimes, dont have time for all this extra nonsense. took a peak at how to get the secret ending and from what i can tell i already hosed it up lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Dropped the Kingmaker DLC, it was boring.

Went back to playing WOTR again, trying new companions and class plus mythic. Trying a trickster ATM, its cool mechanically, but not sure of the quest. The random "king" was cool.