Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Tonight's game is in Vegas. I wonder how many people are going to flip their poo poo at the gate over the vaccine requirement? :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Its only week 1 but feels like a must win for the ravens.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So why did the Ravens let Judon walk?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Couldn’t afford him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

AndrewP posted:

Couldn’t afford him.

Didn't the same situation happen with Za'Darius Smith? Who's their next up-and-coming pass rusher after Judon?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thats what happens when you draft lots of good players. You cant keep them all. Maybe your team will learn this someday :)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

Couldn’t afford him.

Reminder, Judon is only making 14 million a year. If the Ravens thought that kind of deal was on the table for him a year and a half ago I think they jump on it. Just the timing of everything got hosed up. Baltimore figured he was gone so made deals elsewhere that made his more reasonable price impossible to meet.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm betting on Daelin Hayes - 2021 5th rounder who has been flashing in the preseason. In four years he'll probably get a nice contract somewhere and the Ravens will get another 4th round pick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I totally forgot about the Covid cap reduction. That really mess up the Ravens broader plans for spending the past 2 off seasons. It was a big part of why Judon couldn't be resigned and why he got so little on the open market.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Thats what happens when you draft lots of good players. You cant keep them all. Maybe your team will learn this someday :)

Isn’t your team going 0-17 or something?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Isn’t your team going 0-17 or something?

No we're on pace for 0-53 with these injuries

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
News: Monday Night Football airs on ABC for week 1.

Views: Glad I don't have to gently caress with streams and apps for one glorious evening.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ravens FO should draft players with stronger ACLs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Ravens FO should draft players with stronger ACLs.

Ravens didn't draft Marcus Peters or Gus Edwards. You look very foolish right now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You look very foolish right now.

Well it is a weekday.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kawalimus posted:

:drat:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Its only week 1 but feels like a must win for the ravens.

:dings:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Julio Jones already in Vrabel's doghouse

Lol Titans

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Between all the injuries to the RBs and WRs, the offensive line shuffling non-stop and Lamar never getting reps with the receivers in camp I think chances are the offense looks like a shitshow tonight

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel sort of justified as the conductor of the Julio Jones Is Overrated train this offseason.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

I feel sort of justified as the conductor of the Julio Jones Is Overrated train this offseason.

Overrated today, 10 years in, or overrated his entire career?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Julio does incredible things but was so often inconsistent. He also seems a little cooked. My complaint was that he was being overrated and my argument was that the most touchdowns he's ever scored in a season is 10. Robert Tonyan got 11 last year ffs.

I'm certainly not saying he sucked but people were calling him the best WR in the league this offseason and I completely disagree.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Cooked is fair. Overrated is not. Julio Jones has had a career that makes guys like Davante Adams look pedestrian.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChiefsMU/status/1437229110145781760

a true hero

also CEH is not nearly as good as Hunt

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The cabal of paint drinkers really like to look at legends and say they are cooked and never that good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Between all the injuries to the RBs and WRs, the offensive line shuffling non-stop and Lamar never getting reps with the receivers in camp I think chances are the offense looks like a shitshow tonight

Yeah I expect the offense to be in post-season form

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm worried about the Mesh Point.

Mark Ingram was very good about it but these guys have been here one week and who knows if they're gonna be in sync. I remember Gus had some issues early with it but I think they got better.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 13, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Metapod posted:

The cabal of paint drinkers really like to look at legends and say they are cooked and never that good

ten touchdowns.

once.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Touchdowns is the poor man’s wins

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

TDs were like the only thing he didn't do amazingly. Everything else spectacular. I don't think it's fair to say that one thing makes him a career overrated player.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Julio Jones is one of the most dominant receivers in league history and also his best days are clearly behind him. It's about time to Fitzgerald him to the slot for a few more good years then have him go on a farewell tour as WR4 in Atlanta

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chucktesla posted:

Julio Jones is one of the most dominant receivers in league history and also his best days are clearly behind him. It's about time to Fitzgerald him to the slot for a few more good years then have him go on a farewell tour as WR4 in Atlanta

He's only 32 and just played in one game. In Shannon Sharpe's first game with the 2000 Ravens he had no catches at all. It was the first time in his whole career that happened where he played on the field and had no catches. But he ended up having a good year and playing three more years after that at a high level and making the pro bowl.

I think it's too early to count Jones out just yet after his first game on a new team.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I suspect people are more reading into the Vrabel bussing him thing today

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thank you Kawalimus this is why you are the best poster in tff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I suspect people are more reading into the Vrabel bussing him thing today

The thing where Vrabel said julio did something really loving stupid because julio did do something really loving stupid?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah. It’s just a concern that Vrabel is willing to publicly scold him like that, seems like distancing and a good way to alienate him. I would absolutely expect him to do that privately.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Yeah. It’s just a concern that Vrabel is willing to publicly scold him like that, seems like distancing and a good way to alienate him. I would absolutely expect him to do that privately.

He was asked specifically about that penalty and also publicly scolded Lewan for his poor play it's not a big deal when the head coach is someone the lockerroom respects

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you want weekly coverage of all of this year's NVP candidates

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1437503347548770306

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

He's only 32 and just played in one game. In Shannon Sharpe's first game with the 2000 Ravens he had no catches at all. It was the first time in his whole career that happened where he played on the field and had no catches. But he ended up having a good year and playing three more years after that at a high level and making the pro bowl.

I think it's too early to count Jones out just yet after his first game on a new team.

Counterpoint: Fitz moved to the slot when he was 32-33 years old and was very productive there. Julio played in the slot like half his snaps in Atlanta anyways, it's not a foreign concept to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Metapod posted:

The thing where Vrabel said julio did something really loving stupid because julio did do something really loving stupid?

What did Julio do?