Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

28mm a year is just. That’s insanity.

In context it’s great and all but just when you sit back and think about it in a vacuum, it’s absolutely insane the amount of money that is passed around annually if you’re able to hit that insanely well deserved peak.

The way I look at it is, it's an extension, so he's still playing on the cheap years 4-5 of his deal, so a chunk of that new money is paying to bring those years up to snuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

I have to imagine in an emergency situation like this you're more looking for a guy who knows where to line up so they don't get your QB killed when your option is between two guys who are going to suck rear end running the ball.

Like yeah, the udfa has promise, but is way more likely to get Lamarr broken in half whiffing on a blocking assignment.

I think you've got it. Williams is the only playable guy week 1. All the vet new additions are there to present a plausible option while protecting Lamar.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tj watt is worth about 150 mil a year prob

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Scott Steiner should be an agent.

I'm referencing an incredibly awful Donald Rumsfeld quote, voiced here by Samuel L Jackson playing Gin Rummy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msQwpzatQc

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
let's go cowboys

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

LiquidFriend posted:

What native burial area did Harbaugh poo poo in during the offseason?

The Tennessee Titans flaming thumbtack logo.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

28mm a year is just. That’s insanity.

In context it’s great and all but just when you sit back and think about it in a vacuum, it’s absolutely insane the amount of money that is passed around annually if you’re able to hit that insanely well deserved peak.

With the cap expected to rise to at least $230mil next year, there's going to be a lot of jaw-dropping deals coming

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

D-LINK posted:

With the cap expected to rise to at least $230mil next year, there's going to be a lot of jaw-dropping deals coming

Taysom Hill got a 4 year, 160 million deal.

It's all fake and just cap shenanigans but still.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shinjobi posted:

let's go cowboys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYP6SJyixBo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZFoJyXBL1o

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly thinking about it Roethlisberger is probably the only QB who would've been worse than Brady to have the level of sustained success Tom has. After all the dead Ravens news it would be a nice treat if his collarbone exploded on national TV tonight.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Forfeit the season.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Forrest on Fire posted:

He wouldn't be a MLB, I get the feeling he'd be an edge in modern NFL and make Edge money.

He wasn’t an MLB when he played, LT was the ROLB in the Giants 3-4. His whole thing was basically Edge stuff.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

On the other hand, how much does Andy Dalton make to throw a football somewhat?

Fair. The true insanity is the backup QB a competition. I can’t remember who it was but 232 snaps taken for something like 20 million

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This was during Irvin’s heyday.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

D-LINK posted:

Oh absolutely. This is me just forgetting the context of the salary cap, and picturing guys making 77k a day.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kawalimus posted:

Forfeit the season.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mega64 posted:

This is clearly retribution from the football gods for the disrespect the Ravens showed to the sacred flaming thumbtack in the playoffs last season.

This punishment will not end until the Titans win the Super Bowl

sounds like it will go on until the Sun dies then

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I don't think I've ever seen a team have all three of its RBs have season ending injuries before the season even started

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a team have all three of its RBs have season ending injuries before the season even started

Lamar is fine

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

There a list of like expected significant contributors each team's lost to injury so far? Because the ravens list has to be funny.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1436057741697638406?s=21

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Well that was a long afternoon of running errands without my phone, let's see what's going on in footbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/JForsett/status/1436058600322084869?s=20

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This is worse than 2001. This is worse than 2015. We are screwed now. This season is over.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As a Texans fan, people have been saying our season was over during LAST season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kawalimus posted:

This is worse than 2001. This is worse than 2015. We are screwed now. This season is over.

Usually you’re being a moron but for once yeah this is pretty bad when you also combine it with your antivax QB.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

JT Jag posted:

The Jaguars are going to probably hopefully maybe win this Sunday.

Honestly, feel like that game is going to be the closest contender for "tie" we get all season.

Then again, Houston just traded away yet another one of their players, so there just might be too much talent differential for Jacksonville's new QB/coach shakes and rattles to matter.

Hot drat, the Texans are a mess.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

This is why I can never allow myself to really be positive. Like the other day I finally was coming around and saying our running game will be fine after worrying earlier. Then this happens. Whenever I have a positive outlook I pay for it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Usually you’re being a moron

Shut the gently caress up you idiot

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1436083922136440837?s=19

lmao

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

This is why I can never allow myself to really be positive. Like the other day I finally was coming around and saying our running game will be fine after worrying earlier. Then this happens. Whenever I have a positive outlook I pay for it.

I do not know if this will cheer you up, but every time I look at the avatar I made for you, I feel really happy because at least it can said I did one good thing on this website. I'm still proud of that poo poo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I do not know if this will cheer you up, but every time I look at the avatar I made for you, I feel really happy because at least it can said I did one good thing on this website. I'm still proud of that poo poo.

Oh it's all good. And thanks for that again as always. I'm only in a bad football mood. I'm feeling good otherwise.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Looks like there is a chance of rain tonight in Tampa

Cowboys are extra hosed now

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm recovering from being sick so can't do a podcast tonight, but drat, I can't think of a game I'm less interested to be "free" for than Cowboys-Buccaneers.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

positive outlook:

The Ravens have one of the best rushing schemes in the league. It probably won't be record breaking but should still be above average.

The Ravens also have good CB depth and will plug Anthony Averett as a starting CB. Losing Peters SUCKS, he was a turnover machine, but it shouldn't necessarily sink the defense.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

Shut the gently caress up you idiot

Chill out. Thankfully Kawalimus was correct and we stacked up a bunch of LBs instead of DBs just for this contingency.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why are you doing this to me? :negative:

Borsche69 posted:

Chill out. Thankfully Kawalimus was correct and we stacked up a bunch of LBs instead of DBs just for this contingency.

That's a lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1436089962789842950?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I read that in Cris Collinsworth's voice and hate myself for it

Now here's a guy