Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I was thinking earlier about how much the public opinion on Aziz Ansari's sexual misconduct allegations have shifted since the release of The Humiliation of Aziz Ansari - while I haven't personally seen the article, it's my understanding that the articlehas firmly changed a lot of people's idea on Aziz's actions. This also aligns with a change for the better in public discourse around the metoo movement - I distinctly remember that the accepted consesus since 2018 was that the victim was simply looking for attention. What's also interesting to note is that belief in Aziz Ansari's innocence seems to be firmly along gender lines in the US, very similar to the Louis CK metoo allegations that gripped the 90s and 2000s.

Do you think Aziz Ansari sexually misconducted himself during his date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Was this posted from a loving time machine?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

who?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I can make up names too

Tommy Tuberville

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

you're no wizard master

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Inept posted:

you're no wizard master

Wizard Master complains about cancel culture and not being able to make slur jokes anymore so thats not exactly an insult

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
guilty of what? no one accused him of any crime, they just said he was a weird creepy dude who was a bad lay. i have never had sex with mr. ansari but he is definitely a weird creepy dude and on balance i am prepared to believe that he is a bad lay.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Inept posted:

you're no wizard master

and no poll?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Wizard Master complains about cancel culture and not being able to make slur jokes anymore so thats not exactly an insult

lol gross

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hes guilty of falling asleep when that old guy needs light

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

donkey salami posted:

and no poll?

I can't afford it :smith:

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Wizard Master complains about cancel culture

and makes bait threads about them, like this dumb crap

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
this seems like a real bad thread and you suck

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hes guilty of falling asleep when that old guy needs light

dk2m
May 6, 2009
He came out with a special where he talked about it op, he’s basically some weird guy that did weird but not illegal things, some blogger wrote about it and the zeitgeist of the time lumped him in with genuine predators like weinstein

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Guilty or not he's like the only person I can think of that got #metoo'd then seemed to genuinely want to make amends, learn from it, and do the work to grow into a better person instead of diving headfirst into the right wing "I got cancel cultured how could this happen to are freedumbs" grifter circuit, which says a lot.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

gently caress you LARRY

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

dk2m posted:

He came out with a special where he talked about it op, he’s basically some weird guy that did weird but not illegal things, some blogger wrote about it and the zeitgeist of the time lumped him in with genuine predators like weinstein

Weinstein is actually 2 aziz ansaris in a trenchcoat

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
More like OP is guilty of crimes against posting

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Vim Fuego posted:

Weinstein is actually 2 aziz ansaris in a trenchcoat

He’s at least 3.5 azizes

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If the question is "is a famous person a sex pest" the answer is always "yes, and it's worse than you think"

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

This thread makes me long for the days when we still felt like publicly shaming people would make a difference

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Better change his name to Aziz I'M SORRY

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
What did he even do, I genuinely don’t remember and don’t feel like opening a new tab to look it up. Did he ask for a BJ on the first date or something? I think it was something like that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

What did he even do, I genuinely don’t remember and don’t feel like opening a new tab to look it up. Did he ask for a BJ on the first date or something? I think it was something like that.

I think he dry humped a drunk woman to completion. Which is sad on multiple levels.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dickpees Invaginie

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Who What Now posted:

I think he dry humped a drunk woman to completion. Which is sad on multiple levels.

its not a bad gig if its consensual tbh

dry humping as a concept, that is, to be absolutely clear ol

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Dickpees Invaginie

The worst spell in all of the Harry Potter books

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

A sleaze! (Am sorry)

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
All celebrities are unhuman--they're no longer part of the tribe.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Dell_Zincht posted:

gently caress you LARRY

:hmmyes:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean I'm kind of in the same boat on this as Johnny Depp where it's hard to stand in his corner because his defenders are just like... the most pathetic dudes you've ever loving seen.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
He was pretty funny on Parks and Rec and his first stand up special but it seems like once he got big his ego wrecked his comedy and apparently made him one of those famous guys who like to just pull their dick out without context?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think it was something like they were making out and he just took his dick out, like here it is bitch, and she got confused and sucked him off but didn't like it

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

mind the walrus posted:

I mean I'm kind of in the same boat on this as Johnny Depp where it's hard to stand in his corner because his defenders are just like... the most pathetic dudes you've ever loving seen.

ah a good thread idea, thank you

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

IIRC the whole deal was the girl and aziz went on a date, he brought her home, he performed oral sex on her, badly, she got completely naked, he wanted to have sex with her, but before anything happened she said no, then he backed off and the article went up.

Obviously obviously obviously someone getting naked in front of you does not automatically equal consent to sex and whether they are naked or not, if they say no, then the answer is no. But I remember a part of her article (which was written anonymously by the girl in question btw) being that she was accusing him of sexual misconduct because she was made to feel uncomfortable because he only stopped trying to have sex with her when she verbally said "no" to him which, idk, isn't that exactly how that's supposed to work?

Not everyone has the same level of social cue awareness and if someone isn't picking up your signals and you're aware of that then the onus is on you as a grownup to say it out loud, which she did do. At best he's a fuckin dork who didn't pick up on obvious "hey guy this is as far as I want to take this tonight" vibes and at worst he's a creepy hollywood bro tryin to take advantage perceived timidity and was hoping she would eventually give in, but at the end of the day since she admitted that he stopped everything the moment she told him "no", it's sounds pretty irresponsible and demeaning of other, more severe instances of sexual assault for her to accuse him of that publicly, in a magazine, essentially for not reading her mind or picking up on whatever cue she put out. Unless I forgot or missed some crucial detail, it all just sounds like it just a bad date.

e:(I have a lot to say about this cause I have experience as a teenager with someone I liked but the were vvery very much overly too physically aggressive with me in a way that made me very uncomfortable/I wasn't ready for & I had to learn for myself when/how to express my own boundaries and consent, etc cause for a very long time I didn't realize or even consider that as a boy it was acceptable or even an option for me to say "no")

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 9, 2021

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Saddam Hussein - guilty or hot?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Saddam Hussein - guilty or hot?

both bitch

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i think it was something like they were making out and he just took his dick out, like here it is bitch, and she got confused and sucked him off but didn't like it

She also complained about his wine selection and lack of red wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005