Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

gently caress off Notre Dame and your stupid rear end tunnels.

Aren’t they one of those teams that had a pink lovely visitors locker room with no AC or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

MAC defenses all suck and Penn State had under 300 total yards against Wisconsin

Penn State begins the season on the road against a great defense and near-top-10 team in Camp Randall Stadium, one of the toughest places to play in the country. With a new offensive coordinator, Penn State struggles to move the ball the entire first half. Adjustments are made at halftime and Penn State racks up 250 of their 300 total yards and 2 TDs and a FG in the second half as the offense really begins to click. Mistake-prone Sean Clifford overthrows a couple of wide open receivers but committed no turnovers.

Maybe the offense looks like dogshit all game against Auburn. Or maybe they're actually pretty good. Sean Clifford is really the major limiting factor. There's a lot of talent at skill positions and the offensive line is at least passable compared to the Moorhead years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
why has Indiana not built a bigger drum yet come on

KKKLIP ART posted:

Aren’t they one of those teams that had a pink lovely visitors locker room with no AC or something?

I dunno about no ac but pink locker room is Iowa

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Don't let them use any heavy machinery to lift it for you.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wernox posted:

https://twitter.com/GreggDoyelStar/status/1438546483914199044

They have already lost, they just don't know it yet.

This is one of those pre-game omens that does not bode well

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

You saying this gave me a huge flashback to that Vol Navy boat burning and sinking into the river right before the Tennessee Ga St game a couple years ago.

I mean come the gently caress on

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1438562903796428802

UAB, as I figured, is also a top candidate.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

You saying this gave me a huge flashback to that Vol Navy boat burning and sinking into the river right before the Tennessee Ga St game a couple years ago.

I mean come the gently caress on

Bevo going after Uga.

Or a more recent example

https://twitter.com/AdamJardy/status/1436722232781381632

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
OU won the game when the schooner crashed right?

I forgot all about the Tennessee Boats sinking lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sir it was ONE boat

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Man I am conflicted about the PSU/AU game this weekend.

On one hand gently caress Penn State on general
principle (Sandusky/JoPa, super annoying PSU fan coworkers), on the other…….Auburn. What do the rest of you do when a team you hates plays Bama?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Warbird posted:

Man I am conflicted about the PSU/AU game this weekend.

On one hand gently caress Penn State on general
principle (Sandusky/JoPa, super annoying PSU fan coworkers), on the other…….Auburn. What do the rest of you do when a team you hates plays Bama?

Rooting for Alabama is like rooting for entropy to consume the universe.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Both are inevitable so you’re not wrong.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

MourningView posted:

OU won the game when the schooner crashed right?

I forgot all about the Tennessee Boats sinking lol

Well, the Schooner has fallen over twice in it's history. The time everyone here knows about was in 2019, and yeah we beat WVU (they've never beaten OU in conference play).

However, the Schooner also fell over in 1993 (loss to Colorado).

It also got stuck in the mud during the '85 Orange Bowl, and OU was given an unsportsmanlike conduct flag for it, which caused a field goal attempt to be moved back. Washington blocked the kick and won.

So OU is 1-2 when the Schooner's done hosed up.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You're already there apparently?

quote:

while Sacramento State and San Diego State joined as associate members for women's rowing.

Oh never mind you dropped the women's rowing program looking further down the article.

The AAC has been all over the place geographically for a while, they might as well just go after SDSU/Colorado State/Air Force/Boise State or something like that and do pod scheduling. Still a lot of travel but no need to make like two divisions where you're going to be going to Annapolis every year or whatever.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Boise better hope SDSU comes too because uncoupling themselves from CA seems like a really bad idea

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

PostNouveau posted:

especially given how extremely shaky notre dame has looked the past two weeks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

especially given how extremely shaky notre dame has looked the past two weeks

Oh, I was thinking it doesn't bode well for Purdue. They don't have their big drum!

But maybe it doesn't bode well for Notre Dame. Purdue is pissed off because they don't have their big drum.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It just feels sorta petty from Notre Dame's end

Like let them bring the drum in early if you don't want it rolling out the main tunnel in front of fans or some dumb poo poo but don't just tell em "lol no"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I bet it's not even actually the biggest drum in the world

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah I hate petty bullshit like that, just let them bring their loving drum in.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
Alternatively, give everyone in the band a normal drum
Death by 300 drums.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

DonJNavarro posted:

Alternatively, give everyone in the band a normal drum
Death by 300 drums.

Entire Purdue fanbase shows up wielding one of these

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

Boise better hope SDSU comes too because uncoupling themselves from CA seems like a really bad idea

They're arrogant enough to think it won't matter

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I bet it's not even actually the biggest drum in the world

It’s probably one of those things with a ton of qualifiers like biggest drum in the Midwest that’s played on Saturday by some guy named frank wearing a Purdue drummer outfit

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s probably one of those things with a ton of qualifiers like biggest drum in the Midwest that’s played on Saturday by some guy named frank wearing a Purdue drummer outfit

Biggest drum made from the students who have displeased Purdue Pete.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I suspect it was the largest drum that Purdue was aware of a century ago when it was made, and little more than that.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Franklin is going to parlay usc job into demand that he will stay at pens state on the condition they reinstall the Joe paternity statue you cowarss!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

It would have to be the two together, otherwise why fly teams to the east coast when beating SDSU (or if you're SDSU, beating Boise) is basically the same as beating Memphis? And Boise at least makes AAC level money now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1438842908111745029

Spencer bringing some good heat right out of the gate this morning

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1438842908111745029

Spencer bringing some good heat right out of the gate this morning

TAMU just smashing a bank vault (twice!) on behalf of Jimbo loving Fisher is still just the funniest thing to me.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's not my money but even if it were smashing the vault for one of the only active guys with a natty is ok by me*

*not Orgeron, as much as I like him as a person

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hire Larry Coker.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
This has felt like a long week.

I don't wish ill on Emory Jones but I think Bama is going to physically wreck him and/or expose his lack of passing ability in a third straight game. It's not easy to see how he keeps the starting job other than to serve as a meat shield for the fledgling Richardson against Bama's and Georgia's nasty defenses.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
https://twitter.com/Blake_Lawrence/status/1438654647946956802

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Happy Friday fam

https://twitter.com/ClemsonTigerNet/status/1438888848440930307?s=20

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Happy Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2qXP7bx_o8

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Bless those Bo Rounds Cocaine Tiger Bless Them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'd trade any Colorado-exclusive chain for just a single Bojangles, anywhere in the state... I'll drive from Denver to fuckin Durango for a cajun filet and some Bo rounds.