Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

The streets whose hearts pump the beats of jazz are below you. Three men silently board a bus and the bus makes that "Hrmph!" sound buses make when they close the door. Seventeen different Reeboks echo off the ball court down the boulevard. You look in the backlit windows of offices and retail warehouses and the Temple of Beelzebub located in the still-beating heart of Downtown Chicago. In their windows are frozen memoranda of microcosmic worlds you will never be a part of. Corner-window water coolers and beanbag pagodas in front of vast oceans of TV screen, and fresh-cleaned sacrificial altars. The wind plays the drums like an octopus in heat against a tin rooftop nearby. If you listen clearly you can hear the steaming voice of the city springing free from the pores in concrete, chanting in tongues. A piece of police caution tape flutters by on the city's world-famous wind. The sidewalk looks like a moon, splashed in craters of hardened, dried chewing gum. A shadowy figure in a trenchcoat yells out to you from below, so you descend to listen. The shadowy figure tells you to never stop for strangers in The Chicago, then throws their trenchcoat wide open and asks if you want to buy some DVDs.

We've all been there, alone on the Mean Streets in the middle of the night, just a defenseless disembodied floating head, trying to get away from the wicked peddler begging you to buy a limited edition bootleg blu-ray of "Thank You For Smoking Pole". The city is home to many talented local mooses or meese. That fact is irrelevant to your current plight, but your mind always goes to strange places when in the ever-mystic eternal forgotten city of Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

You are on a mean street running east-west. There is an alleyway to the north. You are not carrying anything, because you are a disembodied floating head.

There is a doorknob here. There is a pipe wrench here. There is a pack of Juicyfruit gum here.

cruft fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 13, 2021

xcheopis

deep dish peat moss posted:

The streets whose hearts pump the beats of jazz are below you. Three men silently board a bus and the bus makes that "Hrmph!" sound buses make when they close the door. Seventeen different Reeboks echo off the ball court down the boulevard. You look in the backlit windows of offices and retail warehouses and the Temple of Beelzebub located in the still-beating heart of Downtown Chicago. In their windows are frozen memoranda of microcosmic worlds you will never be a part of. Corner-window water coolers and beanbag pagodas in front of vast oceans of TV screen, and fresh-cleaned sacrificial altars. The wind plays the drums like an octopus in heat against a tin rooftop nearby. If you listen clearly you can hear the steaming voice of the city springing free from the pores in concrete, chanting in tongues. A piece of police caution tape flutters by on the city's world-famous wind. The sidewalk looks like a moon, splashed in craters of hardened, dried chewing gum. A shadowy figure in a trenchcoat yells out to you from below, so you descend to listen. The shadowy figure tells you to never stop for strangers in The Chicago, then throws their trenchcoat wide open and asks if you want to buy some DVDs.

We've all been there, alone on the Mean Streets in the middle of the night, just a defenseless disembodied floating head, trying to get away from the wicked peddler begging you to buy a limited edition bootleg blu-ray of "Thank You For Smoking Pole". The city is home to many talented local mooses or meese. That fact is irrelevant to your current plight, but your mind always goes to strange places when in the ever-mystic eternal forgotten city of Chicago.

It is not dead, that eternal Chi
And with strange eons, even pizza fry

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
The word disembodied is too body-centric, me thinks. It takes away from the soul that is the head. Just be a head.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

cruft posted:

You are on a mean street running east-west. There is an alleyway to the north. You are not carrying anything, because you are a disembodied floating head.

There is a doorknob here. There is a pipe wrench here. There is a pack of Juicyfruit gum here.

CHEW GUM

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

deep dish peat moss

You visit your contact in the eldritch sewers of Old Chicago, but instead of that green liquid like neurotypical sewers, these sewers flow with liquid deep dish pizza dough. Gangsters with tommyguns hang from crevices in the sewer walls and threaten you with arcane robbery. The woman who hired you - your Johnson - will meet you at the only place a Johnson is willing to go in the Old Chicago sewers - the transient camp where they play Baccarat and Mahjong. Larval Jazz drips from the pipes around you in disorienting time signature. In the ancient past, strong alligators lived here. Now it is haunted only by hot dogs and double dough.

Ventral EggSac

I hit the '5' button on this thread with my tongue, it doesn't work so after a few attempts I am able to do it with the tip of my nose

super sweet best pal

So is the music for this scenario a soft electronic mix or more ominous like something out of a David Lynch movie?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

super sweet best pal posted:

So is the music for this scenario a soft electronic mix or more ominous like something out of a David Lynch movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhzM3VhM2yA

cruft

super sweet best pal posted:

Harlem Nocturne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TvKxBD0j-g

take the moon

by sebmojo
e: lmao misunderstood thread

take the moon fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 13, 2021

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

No one who claims to understand ancient eldritch Chicago can be trusted

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

I float up to the Bean and laugh silently at my disembodied reflection.

I then help direct Harry Dresden's forces against Ethniu with my floating head...

deep dish peat moss

You meet your Johnson in a seweric baccarat den named The Shithole and finally receive the details of your contract. You are to infiltrate the Temple of Sub-Burburath and liberate the Scroll of Urban Planning from the Four Men who hold it. This is no standard 'tract. Your Johnson suggests you choke down a dog at the ballpark while you think about it.

"Which one?" you ask. Your Johnson studies you momentarily.

"Very good." she says. "Very good eye. Guaranteed Rate Stadium." she says. Your suspicions are confirmed in this moment - your Johnson is an Outsider. Outsiders are nothing new to the Old City of Chicago, but even still, it's best to be wary around doubleplanar entities, and Chicago is rife with those. You hear a feral mafia boss cackling from the sewerhalls behind you. It's time to get out of here.

Since you are a disembodied floating head you float effortlessly out of the arcane sewers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
i couldnt tell if this was a cyoa or not lol but here is my disembodied head saga

quote:

floating through the mean streets of chicago. the night sky cloaks the city in a shroud. graffiti laces the mean alleys of chicago. gangs such as the unclaimed zombies and sons of Ir'Yleth rove the feral streets of chicago. a crazy vampire hassles you with his forelock plastered to his sweaty head. he wants to sell you his vampire teeth. the brick-work buildings of the mean streets of chicago look like giant headstones in the night. walling you in, a mere disembodied head. if you could fly away you could but you can only float. the crazy vampire drifts behind to be replaced by the solitude of the mean streets of chicago. somewhere distant a wolf howls. the wolf howl through the streets of chicago brings with it memories of camping in the forest when you were younger and not a disembodied head. the mean streets of chicago are the real forest now. you hear a shout of anger and a cat yowls. loving werecats, you think. it's another day on the mean streets of chicago full of everything hell has thrown back or maybe its the matrix and your disembodied head isn't really in chicago.

but if there were time enough to know where your disembodied head was it would be lost in the yawning cascade of eternity. yes, you have been to chicago. you are still there, you always have been in chicago. and chicago will be here without you as its shadowed towers reach for the night sky. starless skies over chicago. black skies over these mean streets, where you float, a disembodied head, aching for a body, aching for the streets to be nicer. but the streets are mean and passers-by make fun of your lack of body. at least you can float, you think. float on, o bodiless head, you tell yourself. but monsters still creep the streets and the insults you hear don't stop. if i had some vampire teeth, you think, i would be okay. you turn to look for the crazy vampire but he's been swallowed by the dark streets of chicago. you grit your normal teeth and keep floating. on these the mean streets of chicago we must all grit our teeth and curse the dark workings of fate. it's tough out there without a body. even tougher, you think, without a heart, without a body to keep it in.

ty

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!