Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I mean, if aspirin was discovered 5 years ago I feel like you would need a prescription for it rather than it being a generic OTC drug used for pain that can also cause Reye's syndrome when given to kids. Just because its ubiquitous doesn't mean it is actually always safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Pretty sure both the Oilers and Leafs were driving across the border and then flying domestic US flights instead of flying direct during the NHL playoffs.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

knulla posted:

Here's a cardiologist on the BBC no less saying that the mrna vaccines are a likely contributing factor to the excess cardiovascular deaths that the UK is experiencing. This cardiologist, who was again on the UK's government's TV station, says that the vaccine rollout should be immediately stopped. https://twitter.com/draseemmalhotra/status/1613837487796850688?s=46&t=cf8JDgTEj5MKqpk1xmPL9w

Notably, the UK has been a touch more conservative than the USA and refused to roll out the vaccine to anyone 12 or under (https://fee.org/articles/england-refuses-to-offer-covid-shots-to-kids-under-12-while-us-cities-mandate-them-who-s-right/) because the risk/benefit ratio (which calls into question both safety and efficacy) is too skewed.

Remember, covid is age stratified: It is a disease of the elderly and children are basically immune. The vaccine injuries being reported widely now are also age stratified, in the other direction--they're worse for you the younger you are.

Seems like the mainstream media is at least starting to pull back from vaxxmaxxing. I wonder if goons will?

Edit: It's weird to be happy about inaction, but man am I so happy I never poisoned my children with this stuff.
Wow, let's listen to one cardiologist making an unverified and ineffective opinion instead of the multiple consensus guideline statements.

Doctors can be kooks too. For instance, it's possible that the uptick in CV deaths is due to people missing primary care appointments in the last 3 years due to the pandemic.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

It is clear that you don't.

This is undoubtedly the case.

Yeah but since I didn't have data I didn't want to overstate it.

Not for nothing, but at my hospital non-critical surgeries were all stopped until a few months ago, which included most valve surgeries that weren't aortic. Sticking around with bad mitral regurgitation for an extra yeah probably isn't great for your health, at least on a societal level even if it is probably fine in an individual one.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

PT6A posted:

There seems to be some ambiguity as to whether the vaccine will be unavailable, or just “not free unless you’re at risk.”

Alternatively, they are counting on the NHS system to classify everyone who asks as "at risk" as a political move to still have people vaccinated (but only if they want to) and push the onus of making it happen onto the dods instead of the politicians.

Also it's a loving terrible idea.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ranter posted:

There's no new evidence, the assessment has low confidence rating. Nothingburger.

And yet the NYT headlines all skip that part, which is ludicrously irresponsible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Aw gently caress. Turns out I'm positive despite two negative tests. Took a 3rd a few days later because my wife was positive and here we are.

This sucks. Aching everywhere.