Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m almost out of proper N95 masks. Where are people ordering these from nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
We placed our order for the free covid tests the morning it went live and it just got here today, so 9 business days counting the Tuesday they were placed. They are the BinaxNOW antigen tests. Not like I’m trying to livepost tracking/shipping updates or anything but thought some people might want to know which kits they were in case it mattered.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I’ve only ever gotten the original round of shots when they first came out and then a booster like 1 year after that. So I guess the last time I got a covid shot/booster was early 2022? Somehow I’m still one of those people who have never gotten covid.

I have a GP intake appointment later this month so I was just gonna ask for a flu and covid booster. Wondering if I can just get a single shot covid booster or if I needed to ask for something else since I haven’t gotten any boosters in a long time.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

MixMasterMalaria posted:

You probably want to wait for the updated shot, it'll be out soon. Ideal time imo to take is second half of October, same for the flu shot.

I don’t know if I want to wait though. I work in office now and school just started. I already hear assholes sniffling and clearing their throats at work.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Oracle posted:

Getting the old bivalent shot doesn't really appreciably increase your resistance to the new variants floating around, it forces your immune system to practice fighting variants that are long gone, and it'll keep you from getting the new booster for at least three-six months. Mask up and wait a few weeks.

NPR says new boosters have been approved rolling out this week. Are these the boosters I should get or are these the old ones?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Yeah on Walgreens it just says COVID-19 Moderna (Spikevax) or Pfizer (COMIRNATY).

I have an appointment with my PCP in the first week of October so I guess ill just wait until then and ask them about it.

E: Actually CVS says “COVID-19 2023-2024 (Moderna/Pfizer)” so I’ll just schedule with them. I can choose either Moderna or Pfizer for this Saturday. Does it matter which one I choose

E2: scheduled for Moderna + flu vaccine yay

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 13, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Can you drink the same day/hours after getting a covid shot?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

From the USCE thread it seems like DeSantis has had his govt recommended people under 65 to NOT get the vaccine in the great state of Florida. Hope you FL goons can still access it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Got my booster today. Now I’m just waiting to see how awful I feel or if I’m lucky this time around.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

zer0spunk posted:

which one did you go with, I have a moderna set for 9/22

Got the Moderna, along with whatever flu shot. I don’t remember if I gave CVS my insurance info online though but I pretty much walked in and said hi I’m here and they gave me 2 shots without looking at any paperwork or ID. It was kinda weird. Didn’t even bother updating/writing on that paper covid vaccine card. I guess nobody uses that anymore.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Okay, arm is starting to get real sore now.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Last posts made me check my insurance info and it’s weird. I was billed about $125 for the Moderna, insurance paid $80. It says I owe $0 because I supposedly paid CVS $45 already but I definitely didn’t. They didn’t ask for anything or take any paperwork from me and let me just walk out right after the shot.

They’re gonna send this to collections aren’t they lmao

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Devor posted:

That CVS is eating the $45 and getting their money on volume, and betting that the insurers are so busy that CVS won't get audited for not collecting the copay, and even if they do get caught they won't get punished badly enough for them to care because they were trying to get people vaccinated and that's a Bad Look for the insurer

Edit: or using govt programs to reimburse unpaid out of pocket costs

Wouldn’t it be in their best interest to collect my $45 and also get the $45 from the govt. that’s twice as much money.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

effervescible posted:

Got the new booster from Pfizer (previously all Moderna) with a side if flu shot since I have a big trade show in two weeks. Side effects are absolutely kicking my rear end, probably the worst since my original #2 shot. I know there's no real correlation between strength of side effects and efficacy, but if there were I'd be very pleased with it.

buglord posted:

I’m planning my injection day during the middle of the week so I don’t spend my weekend horribly ill like I did last time.

I got it Saturday at noon, was doing ok until Saturday evening where I was just a lot more tired than usual. Sunday I was in so much ache and ended up taking 400 mg ibuprofen and slept/stayed in bed the whole day. Was a bit out of it Monday but I’m fine now on Tuesday. Got the Moderna and a flu shot ymmv.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

covidtests.gov

Get your tests.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Why not just tell CVS/Walgreens you don’t have insurance instead of going through the hassle? According to the government itself:

quote:

CDC’s Bridge Access Program offers COVID-19 vaccines at no cost for adults 18 years and older […] whose health insurance does not provide zero-cost coverage for COVID-19 vaccines.

https://www.vaccines.gov

You’re literally paying for this through taxes already so you might as well take advantage of the program.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 26, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Oracle posted:

I’m literally paying for insurance coverage too and by making it a pain in the rear end that’s exactly what they’re hoping people do. gently caress them, they can cough up the money for a vaccine that’ll save them three times what they pay for it.

I get that but I’m assuming that your time is better spent doing literally anything other than sitting on hold on the phone, complaining to someone on the other end and/or trying to convince them your covid shot should be free, and then worrying about whether or not they told you the right information after getting the shot but before getting your bill.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

NPR is reporting the following re: paying for the booster:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/09/27/1202055493/covid-vaccine-booster-insurance-coverage

quote:

For those with insurance, whether you have private insurance through your job, or you're on government sponsored insurance like Medicare, it should be free to you, without copays or charges.

But Kates at KFF says insurers seem to have missed that memo, "or have been slow to get their systems ready to make that an easy process for consumers." For instance, a colleague of hers tried to get the shot at a pharmacy that was out of network on her plan, and her insurer refused to cover it, "which is actually against federal law and regulations," she says.

They kink to the following page (not sure who KFF are):

https://www.kff.org/infographic/insurance-coverage-of-updated-covid-19-vaccines-a-cheat-sheet/

quote:

Because of the Affordable Care Act and laws passed during the COVID-19 pandemic, COVID-19 vaccines will continue to be free of charge to virtually everyone with private and public insurance coverage, although uninsured adults will have no guarantee of free vaccines.

LEGAL BASIS

Private:

ACA: Requires private insurers to cover any ACIP recommended vaccine once the CDC Director adopts recommendation no later than one year later.

CARES Act: Expedited coverage requirement to 15 business days for COVID-19 vaccines

DOL FAQs: The 15-day requirement was already satisfied 15 days after first COVID-19 vaccine recommended in December 2020. As of January 5, 2021, any COVID-19 vaccine that is approved or authorized by the FDA must be covered immediately.

Again I don’t know who the KFF are, but the NPR linked to them and I’m assuming that the NPR have fact checkers.

But still, instead of going through this hassle of will they won’t they or if/when I’ll get reimbursed if I unexpectedly had to pay out of pocket I’d rather just tell CVS or whoever “I don’t have insurance” and not worry about it.

I’m lucky the pharmacist at Walgreens didn’t bother asking me to pay cause apparently they told my insurance I paid $45 out of pocket (and out of network so it doesn’t even count towards my deductible) and I’m doubly lucky that my insurance covered the vaccine either way. But if I had known there was a chance I’d have to pay $45-$150 I’d have just told them I didn’t have health insurance and get it over with.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 28, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Just book the appointment and tell them you don’t have insurance I don’t get what the reluctance is and think of all the poo poo posting you could do if you didn’t waste your time calling and talking to people on the phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Got my free covid test kits today on the same day the 5G nanobots were activated. Coincidence? :tinfoil: