Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Fritz the Horse posted:

It's been a long time since Feigl-Ding popped up too.
Just saying, I saw one of their tweet chains a few pages (maybe a couple days) back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I really hate how vague the term fully vaccinated is because this will do nothing if 2 doses are nearly useless against Omicron, right?
We need to be requiring boosted status as the minimum, otherwise it's all just for show.

On that note, I'm really stressed right now because a cameraman at my job where we're almost all boosted just tested positive and he was on-set yesterday. I work in a cramped control room and even though we all wear masks (I go KN95+cloth+face shield), I just know it's coming for me this week. I'm hosed.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, like I still wear my double-mask at work and all, but I think I can finally metaphorically peek my head out, since my county has been the lowest 7-day average it's been since like late last summer.
Like it went from the worst spike 7-day average of 6,200 on Jan 5th and now it's 109.
I know this thread is all about extreme vigilance, but are we kinda goodish (until another possible variant comes about)?

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 8, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

How are u posted:

Board games don't seem like they'd be all that hard to manufacture in the US. I mean, they're like colorful pieces of cardboard and little plastic tokens, not incredibly advanced microchips or whatever.
I think the already-built infrastructure, supply chains, and (probably most important) cheap labor make it unreasonable to make games at the same level of quality here in the US.

Have you seen the production quality of the big budget plastic miniature games nowadays?

As comparison, I have the Harvest Moon board game that was made in the US mostly and the component quality is incredibly sub-par.

EDIT: Another comparison would be The Game Crafter, where games cost essentially premium prices but are kinda printed on demand and the cards have slight alignment/color issues, components are generic cubes or 3D-printed tokens…. I mean, I like what they do, but they’re blown away by any mass-market Chinese-made game.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 19, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

3 people just tested positive in my no-mask office in NY (not city). Great.
(I wear double masks, but work in close proximity to my co-workers, so... hoping for the best...?)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Yeah, here in NY I check the numbers daily and they started to creep up last week. I’m prepped for an April/May wave…

I mean, I hope there isn’t one or that it somehow is blunted compared to what we just had in late December, but who knows. People are just done with mask mandates and that scares me.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 31, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Not for nothing, but my county in NY was hovering around ~100 daily cases for most of March and has been creeping up slowly into the mid-200s over the past weeks and now yesterday it was 466. Am I wrong, or is a big April wave coming?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

spankmeister posted:

It's true that the cases have been disproportionately within the male gay community, but we need to be very wary of framing this as a gay disease, intentionally or not. Let's not repeat the mistakes we made with HIV/AIDS.
Instead, we can frame this as a “touching people” disease. In which case, I’m completely safe. :smug:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anyone ever follow the crazy Kickstarter mask ideas back in the early days of the pandemic? I wonder how they all panned out. Probably worth a laugh now.
I'm specifically thinking of that featureless egg-shaped one that takes up the whole front half of your head.

EDIT: Ah, found it. Called Blanc:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/philippegorov/blanc-mask-face-the-outdoors-with-your-modern-day-armor/description

Looks like it never delivered.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 3, 2022

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Got the Moderna booster. Glad to finally get that done after waiting all year for an Omicron-focused one. I really didn’t think they’d be able to make the September estimate, but they surprised me. Sad thing (anecdotally) is there were pleeeeeeenty of availabilities because I don’t think anyone cares anymore.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I got through the day after my recent Moderna booster pretty well (just tiredness, fever, and aches and pains), but right now a couple days after I’m left with a terrible headache. I haven’t had this symptom with my other shots and it could be coincidental, but it hurts like a bitch. Goes away temporarily with ibuprofen or caffeine though.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

knulla posted:

Here's a cardiologist on the BBC no less saying that the mrna vaccines are a likely contributing factor to the excess cardiovascular deaths that the UK is experiencing. This cardiologist, who was again on the UK's government's TV station, says that the vaccine rollout should be immediately stopped. https://twitter.com/draseemmalhotra/status/1613837487796850688?s=46&t=cf8JDgTEj5MKqpk1xmPL9w
LOL love a linked post from a "verified" guy who pays for Twitter Blue.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I AM GRANDO posted:

I had been doing Pfizer for everything until this booster, where I got Moderna. Pfizer never gave me a reaction but the Moderna made me feel gross and tired and gave me a headache for one day. No idea if the brand makes a difference and not that bad, all things considered.
I'm the inverse (but same results), where I've been getting Moderna all this time and a couple days ago I switched it up and got Pfizer. Absolutely zero reaction from the Pfizer while previously I'd have chills and a fever for exactly 1 day after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Uh, so like I got Pfizer and can’t get a do-over. I’m still good, right? Like what the gently caress.