Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/02/climate/sun-shade-climate-geoengineering.html

Soon we will all be able to pollute even more and live in the shade. Wake me up when our space blanket is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Nichael posted:

The class ended with a professor from PA talking about bringing climate legislation against the government: "I think of [climate change litigation as] getting the right puzzle piece or turning the combination on the lock.”

I said it's already too late and that idea is ridiculous because the game was rigged from the start even if it wasn't too late. He basically said in reply "yeah but what if we find the right piece?"

Also I did want to start with "In the words of Benny4.8 from Fallout: New Vegas," but unfortunately I was pressed for time.

It is never too late. We can definitely stop at 4.8C. I have faith if we all pull together we can turn Earth into Venus 2 electric car boogaloo.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Holy poo poo, I knew trees were the real polluters we should cut them all down and replace with good carbon scrubbers. Elon musk is a genius.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

look if you don't want your mongeese, I'll take them.

The government doesn't want you to know that Mongeese are free. I tried to take 20 home, but customs stopped me so I released them at the airport.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

When the power grid collapses and stays down for months I think most people will start to feel that climate change is a problem. Then they will promptly forget it happened and say drill baby drill.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

It is okay when the crop failures happen from the droughts we can just start eating the round up flavored bugs....oh wait.

Love 2C it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

Hubbert posted:

what is the most biosphere collapse video game

Everyone in this thread is wrong it is Command and Conquer Tiberian sun. You have a fascist group and neo liberals fighting over Tiberium (oil)during an ecological collapse caused by the Tiberium.