Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Schmeichy posted:

I liked the bit where they didn't listen to the main characters because they were from University of Michigan, not an ivy.

They were from Michigan State, U of M is a good school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

when is hell 2 opening?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

A gigantic cabbage for every worker

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

i have never posted in d and d i think

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I was known around the neighborhood for chewing on He-Man heads in the early 80s.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Cabbages and Kings posted:

why did I not learn about smoking out of an apple until i was 19

poo poo should be mandatory, part of DARE

Johnny Appleseed also went around planting dogfennel because he thought it was medicinal but people aren't as happy about that.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

look at that cute cow he can barely spell!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

equilibrium is a barren sterile rock

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Don't get a Keurig, they make the worst coffee, hands down. I like my coffee black, and my mom keeps giving me K-Cups for Christmas, and burning through that garbage is the only time I buy creamer, which generally sucks, but makes K-Cup coffee taste substantially less bad.

Yeah, I just save them for something to chew on when driving.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

A geology professor at a tiny community college in the middle of nowhere told our class in 1996 there would be a civil war in the US over water in our lifetimes and having been bred around the Great Lakes, I have visited the Lands Out West and I feel fairly confident we could take them.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I just keep hearing that we're going to run out of coffee, but it certainly looks like we could probably grow coffee in canada pretty soon based on the articles linked here. I don't even care, as long as we don't run out of Rockstar Recovery.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

if I can't slam 300 mg of caffeine into my body every 4 hours I will simply die, this is healthy and sustainable.

My body is a temple balanced upon toothpicks and a central pillar consisting of the most enormous marijuana plant you have ever seen

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Car Hater posted:

E; wrong thread, sanity collapsing

it's the missing e! make it biosfer^. .^ colaps

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

What else besides words can you provide over a text-based web forum

some guy in vermont (i looked) said he was giving away weed

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I'm on the verge of making a break down post like once a week but I can't stand to see you all fight like this

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Mormons quit scouting a few years ago when they let in gay scoutmasters, they're better now than they've been in decades

Just need to brainstorm about all of the child fuckers.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

has anyone done the math on how much safer sea level rise would make climbing mount everest by making it shorter relative to sea level and thus further down in the atmosphere? I'm just thinking that climate change doesn't have to be all bad

good lord the smell then

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I grew up in the 80s a couple of miles from Fermilab and some neighborhood bully told me the Commies had it locked in, that I had no chance, and I've been living each day like it's my last ever since and it has been a terrible life

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Minera posted:

sometimes i post and i see other people type lol. that makes it all worth it

what do you call this "kind of pink" color when someone quotes you in dark mode?
it is the most beautiful color in the world

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Harold Fjord posted:

T-Paine talking about becoming a millionaire by selling individual candy bars door to door

eventually someone will want a million candy bars

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Some regional warlord is going to be really happy to have met some of you guys and gals

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

In terms of restaurant workers, I'm sure brunch has caused death.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

He landed a six hour and just started up again afterwards. Of course a ban. No joke last six hours, jesus.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

what even is littering when everything is garbage?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I used to take photos of like little fields of urine jugs when I drove a truck OTR for a year but funny enough that phone got pissed on and those photos are gone.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Homocow posted:

here's a tip: try to live near the epicenter of likely ICBM targets so that if/when nuclear war happens you get instantly vaporized

is there time to stand somewhere naked throwing double birds to the sky?

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

i'll be your friend in Michigan

e: I'm surrounded by Amish so I figure I'll find Jesus once everything falls apart

Twigand Berries has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Jun 22, 2022

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Rip Testes posted:

How were the communities of survivors established in The Walking Dead? Is there any template there?

If we were to follow that template you would stumble on increasingly dumber and dumber gimmick communities.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

that thing is probably sweltering inside. No airflow to draw out any of the humidity, outside of just how stupid and wasteful it is

I have been using hammocks wrong this whole time!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

toilet weed free

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

https://youtube.com/shorts/7Pp49KPUTSk?feature=share

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Quick question maybe someone would know. In an Ocean anoxic event, and you had a wooden sailing vessel, would it kill all the barnacles and worms on your ship or are they hardier (can withstand a period without o2)? If those events are short lived is it an everything dies kind of thing or just big energy dependent type things die kind of things? Sorry for the cringe!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I’ve been working in a little airport bookstore and I’ve managed to stock a few titles from the book list from the thread in our tiny little Science & Nature section and today I opened a box of micro bead neck pillows and one of them had a leak and about a million of those suckers came out

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

celadon posted:

another critical reasons for its selection as mascot is that it has a funny face everyone loves

we should show his face then!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Climate deniers are my boomer parents RVing across America, they will found the Nomads who will rule these wastes, their wheels crushing the skulls of failsons skulking in the ash.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

A Bad King posted:

Has anyone calculated the potential thickness of the plastic layer we're leaving behind in the geological record? Is it going to be a few millimeters thick? I just want to make sure it's potentially detectable for whatever ape-people might come long after us.

the bird people will learn about you at the egg center there will be rides and stuff; your very corpse will power one of the animitrons

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Mistake if you aren't training your gut on dog food right now.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

If I could only have more weed I could solve this, guys

the frog can live in it

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

If tires have so much fuel potential can I burn the ones on my car to use less gas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Stereotype posted:

I met some climate researchers there this year and they were cool. their measurements showed that black rock city emits about as much co2 as downtown London, or any other major city, except it also includes all the emissions from electricity generation which isn’t included in their measurements from real cities. so it’s basically just a way more efficient city, mostly because there are almost no cars there.

so the tech bros actually did discover the solution, which is to convert cities into much denser and more efficient versions with no cars, and then they go do that for a week every year.

but seriously even that isn’t enough and no one is going to do even that so we might as well do as many drugs as possible in the orgy dome.

I take it you didn’t fall in love