Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

is there a good tool for scanning your card collection?

Maybe something that can help estimate which card is worth what?

Honestly considering selling my cards I'm not using that are worth a lot, I have the decks I want right now, and I figure I can buy the cards I need for the deck I want later.

I use Delver Lens, and it will show you prices for your stuff once scanned in. Pretty good overall, I try to set the cards on a white sheet of paper to help the scanner get em faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

Seems good

now this is a loving magic the gathering card

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I do enjoy the fact that it dumpsters no more lies. It also seems to be a card you play in a deck with no more lies though, so maybe I am less thrilled.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Two white pips is not nothing, but non-counter counterspell's are pretty potent. Run a timeless Spirits deck that uses that white remand and Spell Queller and both wreck decks though the tempo gain pretty severely. Being able to cast it for 2 the next turn makes it less viable for creatures, but still, seems like a welcome control addition.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well there's some Shandalar representation. I wonder if we'll get representation for all the planes this year like Battles were for last year.

In a surprise twist Tiny Bones is a Grave Titan from Segovia.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

GonSmithe posted:

Seems good

This fucks up Foretell and Adventure, right?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I used the tcg player one and it frustratingly keeps scanning things incorrectly

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Mat Cauthon posted:

Yes, and I look forward to casting it in response to a cascade trigger too.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

AngryBooch posted:

now this is a loving magic the gathering card

Gonna craft one for my Errant and Giada brawl deck

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

界间漫步(Wandering the Planes?) 3UU

Sorcery (Rare)

Each player may shuffle their hand and graveyard into their library. Every player who does so draw seven cards. Exile ~.

Plot 4UU

Kellan Joins Up - GWU

Legendary Enchantment (Rare)

When ~ enters, you may exile a nonland card with mana value 3 or less from your hand. If you do, it becomes plotted.

Whenever a legendary creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.

Reprint of Archangel of Tithes.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I really can't get excited about tri colored legendary creatures.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mat Cauthon posted:

Among other things, yes.

Plot
Adventure
Foretell
Cascade
Discover
Suspend
Flashback
Escape
Impulse draw effects
Casting the back half of a defeated battle

There's probably a few others I missed, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I use Delver Lens, and it will show you prices for your stuff once scanned in. Pretty good overall, I try to set the cards on a white sheet of paper to help the scanner get em faster.

I used this and it was easy. you have to manually mark foils tho

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Sickening posted:

I really can't get excited about tri colored legendary creatures.

I can cause I love making tons of brawl decks. Also some of them may fit into one of the plaza of heroes decks in standard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who wins? 2 big fat rhino dudes, or one bird guy?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They're also easy to get complete sets of in draft without even rare drafting because no one wants something so difficult to play in limited.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well there's some Shandalar representation. I wonder if we'll get representation for all the planes this year like Battles were for last year.

In a surprise twist Tiny Bones is a Grave Titan from Segovia.

He’s from Urborg :3:

E: Did you notice in the preview video everyone else animated smoothly but he moved around at 10fps? So cute!

Fuzzy Mammal fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 27, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

He’s from Urborg :3:

E: Did you notice in the preview video everyone else animated smoothly but he moved around at 10fps? So cute!

love a harryhausen skeleton

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GonSmithe posted:

Seems good

Feels kind of expensive for a hatebear but probably fine considering how much text it has.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Malcolm, the Eyes looks like it came from Arena but I'm pretty sure its paper as well and not for a digital only format.

Misc non rare+ cards

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Did Marchesa get deposed or did she decide to sneak off from being Queen of Paliano to do some hands-on criming?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Vadmir might be bad if it wasn't legendary. I just don't understand this design.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eej posted:

Feels kind of expensive for a hatebear but probably fine considering how much text it has.

2 for the tax, 1 more for the counter.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

OKAY FINE WIZARDS YOU GOT ME I'LL DO SIMIC LANDFALL IN COMMANDER

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Bristly Bill and Seraphic Steed seem pretty drat good.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

These are cute little designs

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Archenteron posted:

Did Marchesa get deposed or did she decide to sneak off from being Queen of Paliano to do some hands-on criming?

A future set's going to focus on the power vacuum caused by loving everyone going on a cowboy/small animal vacation right after a devastating invasion.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Reprint:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

OKAY FINE WIZARDS YOU GOT ME I'LL DO SIMIC LANDFALL IN COMMANDER

I'll take this Paul Bunyon. I'm allergic to commanders over 4cmc but in a landfall deck that ain't so bad. I've also been dying to find a better home for my big tree gal double card and awaken the woods I got in drafts.

Big Landfall Ladies, any other collosal women with relevant landfall themes I should get in the mix?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Archenteron posted:

My assumption is she wants Paliano to get it's own cut of "Thunder Junction is set up to be an intraplanar trading hub" and that involves enough crime-ing for "if you want something done right, gotta do it yourself."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my Take is that a lot of the planes these people are from did get hosed up something fierce in the phyrexian invasion and riding the omenpaths is likely both an escape and an opportunity to find something to help rebuild

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Also, something I'm surprised they aren't making a bigger deal out of: Thunder Junction is the 100th Magic set. So this is basically their way to do a celebratory anniversary crossover without making too big a deal out of it; to do an 'Everyone Is Here' but to not just seem like a victory lap.

Which is a laudible idea, except that if you ask me it's hampered by more recent sets. If you want your celebration event to be a big crossover, March of the Machines kinda already did it. Another angle could be to go historic and do a 'see how far we've come' thing... but that was basically Brothers War.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sounds like the way to consider it some sort of anniversary honoring the history of magic in all those different ways would be to consider that run of sets some sort of block :V

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Cleretic posted:

Also, something I'm surprised they aren't making a bigger deal out of: Thunder Junction is the 100th Magic set. So this is basically their way to do a celebratory anniversary crossover without making too big a deal out of it; to do an 'Everyone Is Here' but to not just seem like a victory lap.

Which is a laudible idea, except that if you ask me it's hampered by more recent sets. If you want your celebration event to be a big crossover, March of the Machines kinda already did it. Another angle could be to go historic and do a 'see how far we've come' thing... but that was basically Brothers War.

maro got asked on his blog why they weren’t doing a big deal out of the 100th set and he said basically nobody can agree what counts as the 100th

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
We should consider it lucky, considering how they celebrated 30 years.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The 40th anniversary will be accompanied by a documentary where wotc excavates the landfill that the m30 packs wound up in and digs them up

They then sell the hosed up garbage packs for $5,000 each

They will sell out within minutes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

flatluigi posted:

sounds like the way to consider it some sort of anniversary honoring the history of magic in all those different ways would be to consider that run of sets some sort of block :V

Gasp!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aphrodite posted:

Fay Dalton has a pretty solid resume working on comics before this too. Now the question is how long that's been going on I guess.

That art is from a Cyberpunk RPG sourcebook from 30 years ago. I wonder if she even realized she was ripping off one of Magic's most prolific artists when she used it.

Following up on this, I knew that the plagiarized artist was also an MTG artist but did not know he had 200+ card arts, which seems like an insanely risky target to copy from...

But someone pointed out that his latest card was this and im dyin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

I'm cackling out loud irl because I noticed this says enters the battlefield instead of enters