Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Page one posting

Rated 1, moving on, gas thread

Edit; Sealed is the People's Format, truly egalitarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I genuinely don't understand what people itt find so objectionable about the day/night template.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
There's no reason your playtest cards should have authentic looking card backs. Functionally indistinguishable counterfeits are objectively bad because every one comes with a percent chance that some schlub is gonna get ripped off by them. If you're just cubing or whatever then your cards don't need authentic looking backs.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
The Mea Thook Massacre

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Not quite, they're turning themselves into a tcgplayer style marketplace middleman. You won't be able to pre-order from them the day before an event like that though probably

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Standard Needs Bans Again!

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

I feel like the banner placement is not optimal

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
There are enough strategies that can beat Chariot that get unlocked once Epiphany is gone. They probably don't need to ban both.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
drat that's awful

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Mulch is good as gently caress. Don't sleep on mulch

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Truth

Kaladesh has a cool aesthetic but the execution was garbo

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Flooding out with a suspicious stowaway in your deck is a bummer. I keep looking at that card and wondering if it had constructed implications, it seems... so good to me, on its face

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Modern trip report: It was super fun, I went 2-2 which I'm very happy about considering it was my first time playing modern ever. The decks I won against were some kind of artifact control deck and izzet blitz, and I lost against a Yorion blink deck and a bonkers affinity deck that got like 5 artifact creatures out on turn 2. I got two MH2 set boosters as a prize and pulled two Verdant Catacombs :popeye:

This is a really good result for a first try at any format, especially one with as many enfranchised players and as high a learning curve as modern, you should be proud of yourself

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

mcmagic posted:

Not sure what the shell will look like but Dollhouse is going to be great in standard.

Am I about to craft Myriad Construct, blegh

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Wrong, variety is the spice of life.

Mixing full arts and non-full arts is a bit dubious but you do you fam

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I would certainly wager that that Tabernacle will be worth more than you bought it for in a year or two, if nothing else.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
What are the decks to beat

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just like to shake things up

It really is. I ended up going 2-2 tonight, not too shabby imo

What's your deck list

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Hot take: standard has been bad for 15 years, gently caress it. Who cares. The game would be better off if standard was the newbie format where all the cards were dirt cheap and the pool was small. It's good for new player acquisition and shouldn't be fully abandoned, it can and should certainly be fun, but modern and Commander becoming the flagship paper formats would be/is better for the game. They've been better and more fun formats than standard for a long time.

Standard being the volatile mess format where things come and go willy nilly is a fine identity for it tbh. Collectors boosters have driven the prices of the grand majority of basic game piece-versions of cards into the ground. Who gives a poo poo if they ban Esika's Chariot or whatever if it costs $3. If they just re-engage with pioneer a little bit and make it more like what we all wish standard actually was, ie a lower-power level and ideally lower cost format where new sets have a much larger and broader impact, I think that would be a much better long-term trajectory.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I would say standard has been some degree of bad since khans rotated, and hasn't really been GOOD good since like Ravnica 1 through Innistrad/RTR

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yeah this is correct. I hated THS standard as it was dominated by two incredibly linear mono color decks and Stan Cifka’s Elixir of Immortality win con deck. Khans made standard very briefly fun until everyone figured out siege rhino was the best thing you could be doing.

I often see people look back fondly on RTR/Theros and I'm just baffled. Pack Rat is the worst play pattern of all time

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
It's only easy to hit delirium conditions because Mishra's Bauble is still inexplicably allowed

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I guess I'm not understanding what's so bad about alchemy. I get that the rebalanced cards are in historic but... why is that bad? Historic was already getting the digital format treatment. There were already a bunch of hearthstone-esque cards. Is it just the bigger influx of them that people are frustrated with? Or what

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I like the new Innistrad lands the best of any specialty basic and I think the fully colorless one are pretty cool too, though I wouldn't use them in a competitive event.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Yeah that owns, I'm ready for some iridescent pink samurai

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Darkoni posted:

KamiCoin B

Discard your hand.

Don't worry. It's not a scam.

Excellent

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
The Man with the Gilded Goose

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
"... but before you meet your end, Mr Bond, I will explain to you in detail my nefarious batch system"

"...and some spells are mana sources..."

*James Bond's laser-bisected corpse smoulders*

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
The foil b&w land is dope as hell tho

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Longtusk Cub and Bristling Hydra were both basically shades. What does a constructed playable traditional shade even look like? 1/1 for B with "B: +1/+1 until eot"? Is that a good card? What if it had a combat ability?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Bauble should go before Lurrus imo

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

DangerDongs posted:

I've seen some good hammer list jamming confidants.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4543144#paper

This is my current list. Bob is bonkers in the deck, often giving you the last nail you need to hammer it home

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Drewjitsu posted:

Hammer tends to be weak against decks that have a lot of interaction. We tried out Bob, and I don't think that's the card you want. It's good against the decks that allow Bob to live, but you should be pretty good against those matchups already?

Our team (lol) is trying mono white hammer right now with the 2x outfitter for 10 equip enablers.

Yeah I actually think Thoughtseize is the real reason to do the black splash, but then the hand disruption dovetails so well with Bob for the reasons you mention that they seem like a natural pairing. Then Bob is an easy side-out for more targeted tools in games 2 and 3 where you don't really want him

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
They more or less have. It's actually incredibly difficult to pass off a fake to somebody who has the proper tools and knows what they're looking for.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Well that's pretty darn good

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
That turtle really wants to be played with Persist, huh

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Finally, at long last, I can put Kaldra Compleat back in my Hammertime deck

RIP in piss Nightmare Cat, you were the worst

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Okay but Sword of Fire and Ice though

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Is companion the actual worst mechanic ever? I think the case can certainly be made. It's a failure on every level from conception to implementation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Still waiting for the reveal that this thing is an elaborate troll