Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Whoops meant the arena thread with my kraken talk.

Also this is the midrange pile part of a brand new standard where people ask for midrange cards to get banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Having the best thing to be doing in standard be a vehicle is kinda problematic because they are just not easy to interact with.

Eh, they're easier to interact with than an a regular artifact or enchantment. They just screw over wrath strategies.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Saw a cute deck that was U/B blood on the snow with the draugr 4 drop and lier and divide by zero, which you can of course still use while lier is out.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Artifact hate is pretty easy to sideboard for Chariot, but I'm not sure what the good counters are for Goldspan (instant-speed creature removal is easy in B and available in R...) and particularly Alrund's (just counterspell effects?)

But this does seem to me like the same issue you have in any given release where there's two or three really good cards you have to account for in your deck. Am I missing something that makes these three especially hard?

Disdainful stroke is in a really good place now for chariot, dragon, wrenn, epiphany . Soul shatter is the only other clean answer for a goldspan that I can think of.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Magecraft is the odd one out in that respect and it enabled some new combos with really old cards.

https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?name=chain%20of%20smog

Most of the time they don't count copies.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They just printed a guy who gets +1/+1 counters, but for your whole team, and he goes in decks that put out a lot of regular +1/+1 counters.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you go esika's->wrenn on 4 and 5 mana you can copy the X/X reach treant token each turn, which can block goldspan dragon and kill pretty quickly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ed wrong thread

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If they let you draw from the bottom of your own deck it'd be abusable, I bet. There's effects where cards go to the bottom of the library because the designer wanted for sure for you to not find that card again easily. But since it's your opponents' decks I don't think it's that significant, other than changing the way your opponents decide to scry.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I've seen the cycling lifelinker in some UW control decks.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

When you reveal cards on top of your library and you have something like augur of autumn out that lets you look at the top of your library, you don't get to look at the card under the revealed cards, for example. The other cards still count as on top of your library even if you have to physically pick them up.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I've been playing a jeskai mutate deck that loops chance for glory in historic, but it's not that good.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

gargaroth

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

doom whisperer had you pay life to surveil, it's instant value

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

missed opportunity to make is a beast moose

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's much worse than authority of the consuls. Probably fine in limited.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

this seems like an actual curse you'd draft/play in limited? most of the ones in MID were pretty unplayable other than maybe that blue card draw one.

This could be funny in a fynn the fangbearer deck of some kind. Although not a good deck.

Or even forget the fynn and just run it with egon and tainted adversary.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 1, 2021

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ashaya doesn't do anything to creature cards in your hand.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The edict on a stick might position it well for some standard matchups.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The guys that make and repair fancy windows must do pretty well on Innistrad.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Finally, a counter to Bruvac.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It can't wear any pants or counters so you can just tank it for a while, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I could see a deck where this is the top end and you play archon of emeria to lock the game into night mode some of the time.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The art on ravenous squirrel or whatever it's called weirds me out.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

the SLD for the commander deck has a coin for you to flip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfX5s6syTBI

You know, I have a few of these on hand already.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Tokens can't exist anywhere except the battlefield, so they're especially weak to bounce spells or white prison-y exiles.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

How does that work exactly with effects like "whenever you cast a creature spell with power 4 or greater"? when does the 'becoming' happen exactly

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Is there any significance to the "or" in the first line of this card as opposed to it being an "and"?

unrelated, but if your opponent has bruvac out you can get more than one token, but only if they're different ones

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Is that crumpling an artistic effect? That's an interesting choice.

...or looking at the edge of the card again, maybe it's just that hosed up

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

magic_brain.txt

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think I put that 0 mana arrow orb that gets worse every time you block with it into every deck I had as a kid. We were not sophisticated deck builders.

- Shield sphere, that's it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's a lot metallurgy involved in what amounts to a fantasy cockfighting league.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

re: match fixing

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Wouldn't need a sac outlet, you can just legend rule it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Afterthinking about selling it to commander players.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

That's not quite right, an "attacking" creature as the game sees it, means any creature in the red zone during the combat phase. A creature that "attacked" is one that got declared as an attacker during the declare attackers step.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

frogs hop

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

These are more sagas at common and uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So if you have puresteel going can you try to attach this to itself an arbitrary number of times (for no discernable reason)?