Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

say no to scurvy posted:

Hi new thread!

What is your favorite obscure (or not-so-obscure) MTG slang/nickname/jargon?

I'm a fan of bicycle lands.

I call these deez lands because when your opponent asks why the card comes in untapped you point to your two basics and say deez lands right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Pyrolocutus posted:

Look at this fukkin ad I just got. Magic finance being ethical :rubby:

"We're all shopping smarter," they say, hanging out a baited hook for the exact type of Dunning-Krueger card game athletes this game attracts.

Obviously, it's ethical to buy a time share on a piece of power 9 alongside 55 other investors, so that you all share in the appreciating value

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I just want a faithless looting thing that is

R
Sorcery

Make 2 blood tokens

Flashback 1R

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Devil gang rise up- Hellrider from OG Innistrad block and Bedlam Reveler are both insanely cool cards

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Where is grixis m bison

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I feel like there's a lot of real junk cards in this set though - most of the marches, assorted uncommons like reito sentinel, like 5 different bad tinkers

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

A playset of the latest set for like 80 bucks would probably sell like crazy

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I remember when living end was cool, and it ran like a 5/4 beetle that attacked each turn or whatever

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Going 2 drop into that charm basically lets you react to anything your opponent does, it's rad.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

The question is if those checks are true watercolor or digital- I would put them in my cube

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

brugroffil posted:

hey guys just dug out my old binder not sure it's worth much

Ah yes, the power 9

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Rip, maybe the value of my Korean only 8whack deck will go up

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Earthbind is too sexy

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I think Toxic is a way to uncouple power/toughness from Infect (this is a 2/1 with Toxic 1). I wonder if creatures deal regular and infect damage to players, or just infect

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Is there a card that procs off of any counters being removed? Could be fun

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I vaguely remember the complaints about snc at the time, what was wrong with it?

White and green were the best colors and it wasn't really close, and it was way better to play 2 color aggro than the actual 3 color factions

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

It also used to be that the top fraction of standard cards became modern relevant- cards like collected company or birthing pod, or various graveyard cards or artifacts for those decks. Now most modern relevant cards come from Horizons

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

I've been infinite drafting since ixalan (usually stop playing a format when I'm in plat), so I'd recommend that if you want hundreds of wildcards you don't know what to do with

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Static feedback:

1R
Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 3. If they don't, static feedback deals 3 damage to any target chosen by that spell's controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

My first draft ended with a 2-3 due to Overwhelming Forces. Really fun and interactive