Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Legacy 100k cancelled again.
https://twitter.com/MissouriMTG/status/1439621391607812100?s=20
It's the right decision but sucks they have to do this a second year in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
It isn't even that they had him on, they just refused to publicly ban him when he hasn't been on for years.
On keywords, I'm kind of surprised they never keyworded "When ~ enters the battlefield".

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Legacy probably gets more play than pioneer right now.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Day9 has been streaming since it was JustinTV and IIRC was the first or at least one of the first channels to get paid subs when they were rolling it out. I also assume he and maybe a few other of the top names are big enough deals that they get a better payout from subs like 70-30 instead of 50-50 like most people.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I really don't like that art, it's too realistic but at the same time not enough, just doesn't look good.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

I Before E posted:

Very strange choice to go all in on mechanically unique cards instead of going with the Godzilla Series approach, especially when these mechanically unique cards kind of blow mechanically.

They will print non-standard legal versions of these cards with different names/art in 6 months or so. They will be printed in "THE LIST".

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
New secret lair accidentally revealed on Arena
https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1449050103780716556?s=20
Looks like a charity fundraiser for kids.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Apparently Spelling felt like the world needed some petty Twitter drama to go along with him having a kid
https://twitter.com/sickofit/status/1449780533517447169?s=20

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Doesn't look like they are friends
https://twitter.com/crokeyz/status/1449815949633331208?s=20

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

fadam posted:

Is there an appreciable difference between KMC clear perfect fits and Dragon Shield clear perfect fits? I have like 14 cards left to sleeve for this Najeela deck and every store in the city is out of KMC perfect fits.

If it's for a tournament I wouldn't mix sleeves, eating a DQ for marked cards would suck.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Doomsday is probably the best combo deck in legacy right now, but it's held back by it's poor delver matchup and delver is the best deck in the furthest right now.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1453758653132062721?s=20
I really want that Mina/Thalia

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Can't be lesbians if your plane doesn't have the Isle of Lesbos!

Sparkling Women who Love Women?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
They forgot to put until end of turn on Blood vial Purveyor.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
That's why I kind of miss the longer time span you had back when plansealkers were immortal. Right now the multiverse is just constantly having stuff going on when before you could have like a thousand years of no world changing events.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Cards always return to their owner when they change zones.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Is an example of giving a card time counters, but it also gives the suspend keyword as well.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Cactrot posted:

I'm not sure this is true, if you exile an opponent's bone crusher giant with robber of the rich and cast stomp off of it, the card goes into exile under your control and you are able to cast the giant from exile.

You are right, that is because adventure specifies it's controller exiles it. So I should have said returns to owner unless otherwise specified.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
The thing with greyscale and old movies is that they used weird colors so that things would look good. Just greyscaling regular art is super lazy.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
How competitive is the commander deck? Wonder I if they will try a modern version of this is it sells well.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Yeah this pretty much kills Arena for me.

neaden fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 3, 2021

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Alchemy was a mistake, making it effect historic was just a big unforced error.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Stifle or stifle effects are the only thing that will stop it.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Land is good in a format without blood moon, not sure how it will do in modern and legacy. I think Death and Taxes probably doesn't want it but I could be wrong.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Blood moon doesn't do anything to cards in hand.

Yeah but you'll be playing this as a land most of the time, the question is if it's worth replacing a plains for this.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
What's the flavor of soulripper, it's clearly not an actual vehicle right? Does it need to rip someone's soul a lite bit to do anything which is what the crew cost represents? Just feels off.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Silhouette posted:

Hammer is so good that every time wotc tried to make a recurring burn spell since, they've just been lovely versions of Hammer (repeating barrage, thunderblade charge)

Reprint Hammer
Punishing fire would dispute that.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Somehow I missed out that Double Feature is going to be priced as a premium product. So the black and white art is done lazily, instead of being a curated card list it's just two sets mashed together, and priced like MH2.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

Can you give some context to this?

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I know they hate having multiple queues but just give us a non alchemy historic queue and an alchy historic one at least.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Tutorable by both recruiter and SFM too, definitely going to slot into legacy D&T

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/status/1487937257126440962?s=20&t=ZCMpEFuCXYvyBTxMJfz2sw
I agree with Seth here. It is not at all clear from the card that this creature has no type and unless you happen to know specifically shrine is an enchantment type you would never play this correctly.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

BizarroAzrael posted:

Huh. Didn't pick up on that and I've been to her website.

Hope she a) does a bunch more art for MTG and b) can sign some of it at an event sometime.

So I've now played 2 Pioneer leagues on MTGO, 3-2 both times which I'm pretty happy with. Is it right that I'm opening the chests? I've got a few good cards, but they seem pretty low value, possibly because they show up in chests. But I get 1/20th of a free league in play points so there's that.

Opening chests currently has a higher EV then selling them, though obviously with higher variance. I sell them generally personally. Goatbots posts their buy/sell/EV of you want to check https://www.goatbots.com/card/treasure-chest-booster

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
So if something is a creature type then the most obvious effect is every changeling becomes that type and everything that lets you name a creature type would let you name that new type. Basic lands are a special case, because just having the type is one gives it the ability to tap for mana. So if forest was a creature type, than every changeling would be able to tap for mana.
Shrines have a similar thing in that a lot of the old Kamigawa shrine cards do things per shrine you control, this would change how changelings interact with them. Similarly if equipment became a creature type than Stoneforge Mystic would be able to put any Changelings in your hand into play.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

mcmagic posted:

Swift Recon might be just better than Swords against a lot of decks... What legacy deck can crew 5? The issue is that it gets killed by Prismatic Ending.

It's probably better against UR delver and worse against most other things. Doesn't stop activated abilities or count as removal so it's much worse against D&T for instance.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

mcmagic posted:

It's good against Dark Depths decks.

GW is the biggest depths deck which can PE this, and could crew it in a pinch.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
I guess collectors boosters because I'm not going to actually draft with cards in a different language so if I'm opening them it's for the fun of it.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
https://twitter.com/dixonij/status/1494121914612137986
A good reminder, never volunteer for a for profit company.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

HootTheOwl posted:

I haven't played legacy in a while, do you think it's too strong?
I feel like 'must answer before they untap twice' describes a lot of legacy cards.

From what I've seen it's strong but probably not too strong. The main thing is right now it's functionally a way stronger TNN in decks that can run it where you really have to answer it on the stack. Along with murktide it also continues the trend of giving blue the best best down creature leaving goyf in the corner crying which isn't great given legacy is already to some extent the blue format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Set looks dope and they've been killing it with basic lands.