Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

wait, you guys are saying I can't exile my opponent, instantly ending the match as they get banished to the shadow realm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Another question about the frog, do cards that say stuff like "reveal the top x cards of your library, put x into hand and the rest into your graveyard" count? like are those cards in some special revealed zone before being put in the yard? or are they still in the library until they get put in the graveyard?

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

fadam posted:

That's my understanding, it turns Intuition into a super permanent tutor. He's also a beast with Hermit druid because you can flip your entire library and now you have every single permanent in your deck available to try and win the game like you just cast a huge hosed up As Naus. Not sure how good he'll be (no Black or Red is sadge) but those two interactions alone are making me want to brew with him.

:same: but i'm a little sad there's so few frogs, and I don't think any frogs care about self-mill

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Lone Goat posted:

the Council of Colours

the what?

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this would have been great in paper :/

Is there any reason this has to be digital only? Maybe it'll get a reprint

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

I like how theres...a lot of these cards and yet the only design to ever use it in an interesting way was the one that adds red to your mana pool each turn

glacial chasm is cool too, imo

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Arivia posted:

yeah i'm like what machines?

the phyrexians? are the heroes from each plane the machines? compleation doesn't make you a machine it makes you weird and kinda cyborgy, but that's still not a machine.

I thought where they were going with the urza/teferi thing was that it'd be urza's machines marching/conquering the multiverse due to teferi's message. Like he'd show up at the end of ONE with a massive robot army and everyone (including the phyrexians) would have to team up to beat him or something

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

AngryBooch posted:

lol imagine wasting a card of what could be a new iconic cycle on some alchemy bullshit:

https://twitter.com/MTG_Arena/status/1628097752105381889

I feel like this is already (mostly) supportable in paper with existing color pie mechanics, so this kinda sucks that we can't get the full cycle in paper

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

That kinda makes sense, since pitch spells kinda let you trade in your extra card for extra mana. In standard, there's the "march" cycle which is kinda similar

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

When I read "a rebought Solitude is not as threatening as a 4/4 with double strike" I thought for sure Hoot had completely fabricated the article, and was just leaving hints throughout. So I was totally surprised when I clicked through.

e: oh I forgot they usually bring it back with a +1/+1 or role on it, nvm.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly I never really got why EDH didn't just make it so that Planeswalkers can be commanders by defaultand ban out any that turn into a problem because of it.

Allowing other legendaries types like artifacts would be cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Dungeon Ecology posted:

sorcery speed countermagic lol

I could see that as a future sight kinda card:
Countersorcery {0}
Sorcery
Counter target spell.