Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Nothing good came in my two pre-release packs anyone else notice that the spin down die have the same red color pattern as previous packs? Was sort of hoping for like a Halloween orange this time around.

Or is it just the Fat Pack boxes that have a uniquely colored spin down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

There's a new Mystery Booster set called Convention Edition????

AND IT'S 400 DOLLARS DIRECTLY FROM WOTC ON AMAZON??? :psypop:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

flatluigi posted:

it also doesn't appear to be on amazon, unless you're talking about this listing from a reseller

edit: which isn't even convention edition

Nope, talking about this one

That one is direct MTG WotC store

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Ships from: seg mart

Sold by: seg mart

You're right I was looking at the "Visit the MTG store" that I figured it was direct from WotC, also I never heard of convention packs at cons. That's super cool and insane that a box could be that expensive. :smith: That would be a fun draft to do with friends.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/sPVWNRZu_Y4

Prof gonna go back to Vegas and play some Magic. And also is angling to have Merfolk win one of the tourneys by flying someone out and putting he/her on his show.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Aranan posted:

Reminder that these mechanically unique SL cards will be reprinted about six months after the SL via The List in a normal magic set with normal magic appropriate name/theme.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/secret-lair-universes-beyond-update-2021-06-07

It's bullshit they just put them in "The List" in the first place and not just as a rare or mythic in the actual set itself.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/secret-lair-spoilers-stranger-things-october-superdrop

Link to bigger images of the cards and to see what they're worth normally.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How long did the release of Crimson Vow get delayed by?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Ah, Teferi's Rejection

Flavor text of Teferi shooting down hot divorced Vampire men and women at the wedding reception open bar.

"Sorry ladies and gentlemen even if I'm on a different plane, ring on the finger means I'm spoken for".

Nissa: Who has had too much to drink

"I SAID WHO WANTS TO DO SHOTS WITH ME???? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Mulch (reprint)

Oh hey it's Wrenn and Seven's +1 :v:

Poor Odric, hopefully he comes back as a badass vampire that smacks Sorin around from being a mopey dope.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm just glad we are getting zombies that don't have decayed on them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So........like lore wise..........is Innistrad just a flat world/discworld planet? If the sun isn't rising on one half of it, the other half has to be straight up burning to a crisp no?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.twitch.tv/desertbus

Fyi Loading Ready Run is doing their Desert Bus for Hope Stream. Currently on the giveaway docket is a FULL COMPLETE set of Timespiral Remastered to win. Go. Donate. Listen to dulcet Canadian singing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

30 loving dollars for 1 of each basic land?? :barf:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

I wouldn't normally do this but this isn't a normal time for me:

I'm selling a bunch of sealed stuff in SA-Mart to help cushion my finances while I'm off work after losing my stepdad last week and taking care of my mom. In addition to the entire Ikoria collector hanger pack case, I'm breaking a second one up, $210 for 12 collector packs pulled sequentially from a freshly-opened case of 120.

If you're interested in anything and want to chip in a bit extra to help me out, it's greatly appreciated but not necessary. I'm trying to take a load off my plate while making sure my mom is okay(and, well, myself too).

Condolences on losing your stepdad. Good luck on providing care for your mom.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Did anyone brave the plague and nerd smell to go to Vegas this past weekend for the ChannelFireball thing?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Balon posted:

I was there all weekend.

How was it? Crowds decent size?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Toshimo posted:

If anyone is interested in a real good high-level look-in on EDH as a format concept right now, this is a really good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIoABZJo_mI

I posted that in the Commander thread yesterday, and it's a fantastic conversation between Prof and PlesantKenobi. I really wasn't aware that the "chill/laid back of playstyle" was more of a roll with the punches type of vibe than what it is today. I really do agree that it is essentially a game of pretend and if everyone pretends that the format works then it freaking works.

I'll gladly admit to having gripes about being in playgroups that don't enjoy (like seriously get salty) if you destroy a land or throw down an Armageddon to reset the board, or even the idea notion of making an izzet deck where the blue side is nothing but counterspells/dopplegangers and red is just burn burn burn for shits and giggles. On the other facet of that I do understand that if you play that way you're just stopping anyone from doing anything while fun for you, is definitely not fun for the players on the receiving end of those spells, I've been one of those players that ends up watching someone else take 15 minutes to play solitaire and then not win which does really suck. Ultimately I do tend to be of the mindset of playing around the deficiencies your deck may/will have because if you put cards in those decks to try and plan for those situations your deck becomes really bloated and unfocused unfortunately. (I do that a lot, but I hate hate hate hyperfocusing a deck just makes me feel too vulnerable I like being well rounded on defense damnit!)

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

Do foil etched secret lairs bend like normal foils?

https://youtu.be/fAsAN6GKY_0

Yup they do

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Give me an infinite supply of Confetti Orb pls

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's been a week and there's actually a new "Dies to Removal" Christmas came early. Also PleasantKenobi will loving eat your deck as you watch in abject horror and fascination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G0CubPcseU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chakan posted:

Takklemaggot is a fun and interesting card where if you explain the flavor first, most every player will understand what’s going on. Similar to Chains, once you get the intent it’s not hard to understand the mechanical concept. But Magic is a game where “dies” and “leaves the battlefield” are not the same thing, and when you’re that granular then players are going to require the oracle text on hand and for you to explain it to them step-by-step.

What's the flavor behind Takklemaggot? I've had one since I opened one from a pack of Chronicles and just assumed it was a gnarly Alien/Aliens reference.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I pay one CRIMSON marna and cast Lightning Bort for three heart points of damage!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/BeByr4gU08A

Prof reviews BDSM themed deck boxes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It was me. I'm the leaker

Stop ingesting Olestra

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

holy poo poo

Holy loving shiiiiiiiiiiiit :flashfap:

Strong Sauce posted:

the ukiyo-e full art lands are in 1/3 of draft and set boosters

Per pack? Or per box????

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

i believe they mean it'll be 1 in every 3 packs

Ugh that's good, but gently caress I would not be mad if one pack was just all those lands.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Silhouette posted:

I want grimy 1920s Chicago lands in New Capenna, gimme that speakeasy swamp wotc

Island is just a guy dead underwater with his feet in a bucket that is obviously filled with cement.

Mountains is just going to be different profiles of Michael Corleone's Tahoe Lake house home from Godfather II. Maybe even one that has a lake in the center two dudes in a boat and you just see one draw a pistol at the back of the other guy's noggin.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fadam posted:

I really hope they got Murata to do something.

That card would either never come out due to him always redoing it. Or it would be constantly reprinted and revised for the same reason.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just want non foil nu Kamigawa lands, was never a fan of how foiling has turned out. The retro frame foils that only foiled the border but left the art alone was super loving nice and didn't hurt my eyes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Pestilence, especially alongside a Cemetery Gate.

I have both and I forgot what Cemetery Gate did. :lol:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I always loved using Bottomless Vault and just saving up all that mana to do a huge rear end finisher of a Lava Burst or Disintegration, if I was lucky enough to just have a Dwarven Hold out at the same time piling on counters ooooh man. :circlefap: Coincidentally I had just discovered DBZ at the same time so giant gently caress off death beams was my total jam. That or getting a huge Drain Life spell off was satisfying.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXlWG8AhszA

Had no idea WoTC did that initial promo the last year. loving :lol: a grand for a Tiamat.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

For some reason I looked up Lodestone Bauble, it's FOURTEEN DOLLARS????

Also now my adult brain is thinking of ways to use it to gently caress someone's turn over 4 times. :unsmigghh:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I get this feel from my Black Sacrifice Alchemy deck on MTGA. Twelve 1-drops, Meathook, with Blood Artist from Sanguine Brushstroke. Plays so well against removal and control. What are you gonna do, counter my Eye Twitch? Blizzard Brawl my Ghast? I am just going to kill all of my own creatures anyway, so oppo wasting cards and mana on it feels awesome.

This was one of my first cards. I didn't even have enough swamps to play him in my first deck. Some kindly nerd gave me some Beta swamps at a local con so I could cast it. Been hooked on terrible black decks to this day.

This dude, a Dark Ritual or two, breeding pit = good times

Soldier of Fortune is another hilarious poo poo card to troll your friends with if you can give him protection and vigilance and have some red mana available or treasures?? Oh what's that you keep scrying? Yeah keep shuffling your poo poo.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 30, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

opt posted:

I figured this thread would enjoy this, my brother in law used to work at a game store in the mid 90s and had a box of MTG odds and ends lying around. So I went through them and even though some of the cards were in rough shape, it was a good mix of revised, arabian nights, 4th edition, and ice age. There were some chronicles, the dark, and fallen empires mixed in as well.

Unfortunately no real lottery cards but still a good amount of worthwhile cards.

Here is the notable finds from a quick thumbing through:

And some unopened ice age packs and a revised starter deck:

loving Mana Flare, Copy Artifact, Fork, Mana Vault, OG Sol Ring picture, yeah dude some of those are still worth a pretty penny esp that Necropotence

ARABIAN NIGHTS OUBLIETTE??? :flashfap:

Then again I'm pretty much an EDH player soley these days, so all of these cards are playable. Fuuuuuuck is he selling them???? Could always use an OG Wrath of God.

Goddamnit a Wheel of Fortune too??? :vince:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 8, 2022

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Crimson Vow has clearly been out too long this thread needs new spoilers to get it back on track

It hasn't been out long enough tbh.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The basic lands are probably going to be the most sought after things in that entire set. I'd replace the lands I have in my EDH decks with those if I could ever get enough of them.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

I feel like whacky food tokens are almost guarenteed in unfinity

The food tokens from MH2 weren't wacky enough??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

here's the diff versions of tamiyo

drat, poor Tamiyo's now orphaned (again) rat kid. :smith: Or maybe the process wasn't fully compleated and she's still good??