Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Unless there's a typo in the article, pull rates are <0.615% blue, <0.308% green, <0.077% red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
you had a good run, basic lands that i used to play.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

I worry what you heard was, give me a lot of Kamigawa basics. What I said was, give me ALL the Kamigawa basics you have.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gotdamn, the unstable lands have a real run for their money with the B&W lands, the ukiyo lands, and the planets in unfinitiy.

Wow.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think WotC making a shitload of cool basics every set is one of their best moves of all time.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

fadam posted:

I think WotC making a shitload of cool basics every set is one of their best moves of all time.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fadam posted:

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago
I haven’t played my cube in like 7 years but holy poo poo I need those lands for it

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am going to purchase 22 of each basic land and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

I am going to purchase 22 of each basic land and there is nothing anyone can do to stop me.

Emptying my 401K as we speak

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

fadam posted:

Making it impossible to get the cool basics in arena by opening packs was their key move here.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

fadam posted:

I want grimy 1920s Chicago lands in New Capenna, gimme that speakeasy swamp wotc

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Thranguy posted:

Making it impossible to get the cool basics in arena by opening packs was their key move here.

On the other hand, you can spend the free currency to get an unlimited amount of them for all of your decks forever.

15k gold is steep however, I do agree.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Holy gently caress those lands are beautiful

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The worst thing about basic land styles on Arena is that you can't buy the old frame basics

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Silhouette posted:

The worst thing about basic land styles on Arena is that you can't buy the old frame basics

Huh? I have the APAC lands and they're old framed.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

HootTheOwl posted:

Huh? I have the APAC lands and they're old framed.

You can't buy them now. They were only offered for a limited time.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Silhouette posted:

There have been a few chances for buy old frame basics, but they're always time-limited. I have two sets of them and remember at least one more I didn't buy. More will probably be coming eventually.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Silhouette posted:

I want grimy 1920s Chicago lands in New Capenna, gimme that speakeasy swamp wotc

Island is just a guy dead underwater with his feet in a bucket that is obviously filled with cement.

Mountains is just going to be different profiles of Michael Corleone's Tahoe Lake house home from Godfather II. Maybe even one that has a lake in the center two dudes in a boat and you just see one draw a pistol at the back of the other guy's noggin.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Jiro posted:

Island is just a guy dead underwater with his feet in a bucket that is obviously filled with cement.

Mountains is just going to be different profiles of Michael Corleone's Tahoe Lake house home from Godfather II. Maybe even one that has a lake in the center two dudes in a boat and you just see one draw a pistol at the back of the other guy's noggin.

:hmmyes:

Forests will be a jazz club called The Enchanted Grove, and all the legendary creatures will have alt art skins of real life gangsters and The Untouchables

Can't wait to build my Bonnie and Clyde partners commander deck

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Walk the Plank reprinted as Swimmin' With tha Fishes

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/mtgjp/status/1471676529298087936?s=21
Art by the Fist of the North Star mangaka. Rules. Love that they keep getting these big name Japanese artists to do art.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Nani?!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Silhouette posted:

:hmmyes:

Forests will be a jazz club called The Enchanted Grove, and all the legendary creatures will have alt art skins of real life gangsters and The Untouchables

Can't wait to build my Bonnie and Clyde partners commander deck

Actually forest is the pine barrens from the sopranos

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I really hope they got Murata to do something.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually forest is the pine barrens from the sopranos

You're not gonna believe this. He killed 16 phyrexians. Guy was an interior decorator.

His house looked like poo poo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I haven't played magic in paper for a year and I still want those lands

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

fadam posted:

I really hope they got Murata to do something.

That card would either never come out due to him always redoing it. Or it would be constantly reprinted and revised for the same reason.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If they commissioned these far back enough there's a chance they had Miura draw a card...

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

fadam posted:

also a pretty smart flex to always print at least one cycle of basic bitch basics that they can use to pollute packs

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

red dragon seems bad compared to Moonveil regent, Goldspan and that vampire one but the treasure thing will probably be used for some combo

kalel posted:

somebody should let the rest of the multiverse know that Electronics have been discovered

Tezzeret tried to sell Bolas on smartphones and vapes but was called a dumbass and sent to judge a science fair on Kaladesh

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

https://twitter.com/mtgjp/status/1471676529298087936?s=21
Art by the Fist of the North Star mangaka. Rules. Love that they keep getting these big name Japanese artists to do art.

Hell yes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
There’s a Kodama of the West Tree card: https://twitter.com/daarkenart/status/1471539694332616704

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Theme boosters.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Theme booster: mutant ninja turtle (not teenage)

yes I know it’s obviously a kappa just let me have my joke

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

YggdrasilTM posted:

Theme boosters.

Don't mind me, just carrying my koi

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 17, 2021

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

"Please put me back in the water."

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

It's a very sad fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

You, sir, are a fish.