Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I really like this season so far but this episode was a bit of a stinker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Yes it’s very hard to tell apart the two completely different looking black characters with completely different personalities and motives

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I love Salvor and her plot, keeping fingers crossed that Hugo was a big enough simp to cryosleep too

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

This episode was much better than the last one. Nice rear end, Hober.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Oh god that really doesn’t inspire confidence

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Are you people all forgetting that the show reminded us about the castling device for absolutely no reason at the beginning of this episode

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

He’s gotta be the kid right

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Yea Rachel House rules and she’s been playing Tellem great

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

They were practicing staying in sync to keep up appearances around an outsider

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

LinkesAuge posted:

The problem is it cheapens the whole idea of psychohistory if Seldon (and the Foundation) are actively bringing about the downfall of Empire.

Imagine a friend coming up to you and saying he found a scientific way to make predictions of the future and you ask him "oh really? Can you predict what we both will do this weekend?" and his answer to that is "Well, I'm going to shoot you and you will die because of it".
You laugh about it and go your separate ways, then the weekend comes and your friend shows up and actually shoots you and you die.
After that he stands over your body and just screams "You should have believed in Psychohistory, this is exactly what it predicted!"

I stopped reading here because the rest of the post is entirely irrelevant if this is where you’re starting from. Did you skip the first episode where they clearly explain this? The show literally tells you that the purpose of the foundation is to shorten the dark age and a pretty clear way to do that is to make the empire decline & collapse faster so you can get to the rebuilding part, like the person you’re responding to says. It seems like you misunderstand what psychohistory predicted?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I decided to stop responding to them because everything’s a giant Reddit reply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Seldon being a more active participant is almost certainly 100% on Jared Harris