Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Well in the books it is specifically mentioned that Hari prevented the foundation from having any psychologists or psychohistorians at all on Terminus. The whole point of the plan is that the people can't know the plan or it won't work. So I think what happened is Hari had the guy kill him and jettison the girl. Just before that he even said he had never expected that he would be on the ship. I think he completed his plan and realized that it would only work if nobody involved knew the math and so they both had to go. This was why the dude was so mad at him at dinner because Hari had told him. It's also why he asked the girl if she still believed in the math in the sim. He wanted to be sure Hari was right before he did something so extreme at Hari's direction.

This fits but it's a really weird choice since he could have just decided not to teach psychohistory, or at least keep back certain parts so they can't figure it out. Instead he opts for a brutal murder that is going to demoralize everyone and make them uncertain about their mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I believe in Foundation's Edge it turns out Mule is a lost child of Gaia, the psychic planet.

This was confirmed in the later books.