Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Tom Guycot posted:

Thats neat. I've always been a fan of "radio play" adaptations because it adds something fun I couldn't just get from reading it.

Speaking of the Mule, I've been re-reading the series and am going through 'Foundation and Empire' now, and I had forgotten that He was described physically as (I don't think descriptions of characters are spoilers really, but I'll just spoiler anything to do with the books to be on the safe side I guess) A huge red haired mutant with super strength that had to wear special opaque glasses due to his eyes having the ability to kill people on sight. Thats some straight up X-Men character fodder, lmao.

Wow I do not remember that. I guess I better read these again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Just do a sitcom next season-

"The hilarious hijinks of a 10,000 year old android trying to raise her three clone sons"

"My Three Cleons"

I feel like every episode would have a plot where Brother Dawn has to get out of a problem by picking the correct color of something and hilariously doesn’t.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mistermojo posted:

whats with the scene where brother dawn asks the once jacketed hobo where to go but then immediately wanders away as the guy is giving him the answer

I thought the hobo was going to activate the aura, punch Dawn, then steal his jacket back.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’ve recently re-read Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second Foundation after not reading them for maybe 20-25 years. They actually held up a little better than I expected. They generally aren’t what you’d call exciting and sometimes get a little monologue heavy but they are quick reads and I mostly liked the style of writing. I wouldn’t say they are must-reads but I also wouldn’t discourage someone from giving them a try.

Compare this to Around the World in 80 Days which I just re-read as well which was sooooo cringy and greatly improved by the recent TV remake.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

This is book and not show related, but I just had an article come out in an online open-access journal about reading the Foundation novels (mainly the original trilogy) through a solarpunk lens. I'll say I did originally want to include a bit about the show (and Apple TV's Extrapolations show also) but due to the word count limit, I just wasn't able to fit it in. Anyways, I thought at least some people here might enjoy it, so I'll drop the link here. Though there are some book spoilers, if anyone cares.

https://hcommons.org/deposits/item/hc:62961/

thanks, pretty cool read. I'd never heard the term solarpunk before.