Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syense
Oct 13, 2018

people who play large jenga at bars have nothing of interest in their lives.

Narmi posted:

This fits but it's a really weird choice since he could have just decided not to teach psychohistory, or at least keep back certain parts so they can't figure it out. Instead he opts for a brutal murder that is going to demoralize everyone and make them uncertain about their mission.

I think that's one thing that sort of let's the narrative do whatever it wants because you can always say this was the only way the plan would work! if you werent demoralized/trapped/etc you'd have found a different path, but now you're stuck on this one path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syense
Oct 13, 2018

So far the only good reading the books has done for me is give me a lovely list of proper nouns that appear. That's cool too I guess.

syense
Oct 13, 2018

Nitrousoxide posted:

They didn't know how.

Was that every explicitly stated? Id have liked some more concrete examples of the empire having decayed already and forgetting how things work. Would probably have helped me accept the Cleon stuff at the end.