Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I am excited as gently caress about this show because I loved these books when I was a kid.

Book Spoilers
I loved how the other Asimov books and they all started tying together in some way. That would be crazy if this show took off and we got a Elijah Bailey detective show for one of the big twists later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I was at B&N today and noticed they are charging $17 per book and thought that was nuts. They were also the soft covers.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Soon we will have book readers fighting amongst themselves for spoiling other book series Asimov wrote because they only read the Foundation ones.

I like this show. I wish we could just watch the whole thing instead of waiting a week because it's written like an old 6hr TV miniseries :smith:

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

droll posted:

books Sensing things just before they happen, or having visions in general like we see with Gaal in this TV show is not what the 2nd Foundation & Mule were doing in the books.

i mean, sure but it's in the zone of woo woo psychic nonsense

books and prequel books

Right but they started having people with abilities hooking up and having kids so it took a couple of generations...

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Someone was like I'm going to write this show like a 10 hr movie for people who binge before finding out it was coming out weekly. They should just release 20 min snippets per day it would have the same effect.

I'm still enjoying what we get though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

Well good thing is done, now I can go visit the Cowboy Bebop thread and continue my hate watching there.