Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when I was a young fast food consumer, I soon learned that I had to ask the person getting my stuff to go easy on the ice. SOP seemed to be “fill it 97% of the way with ice and let the actual drink fill in the cracks between cubes.” if I asked for little ice they’d only fill it like halfway.

now when I get a soft drink, more often than not there’s almost no ice and the drink is almost room temperature. I’ve started asking for extra ice but it barely makes a difference, the drink is still practically WARM!!!

this is bullshit and I hate it. is it just bad luck or is this happening everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
the ice mines are starting to run out, so they're trying to ration it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that’s not true

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
this seems like a logical consequence of global warming to me

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't experience this problem, so it must be that they just don't want the brainfreeze to kill what you have left.

Mods, he's an Eagles brother, this is how we bond.

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I hate too much ice. I only fill my cups about halfway. I need that soda.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I really depends on the type of ice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Technowrite posted:

I hate too much ice. I only fill my cups about halfway. I need that soda.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
the workers got re-trained to use less ice because the syrup formulation got changed to include the same poo poo they spray on us with the chem-trails. less ice means more syrup means more docility imposed on us by big gov't. i knew when they started using less ice that something bad was going down. it didn't take much time to figure it out. i noticed it when i suddenly lost all sense of taste a while back. the god drat media elites would have you think it's the chi-com virus but in reality it's an allergic reaction when you get too much of the sheep juice in you. i immediately put myself through an intense deep-cleanse routine that i heard about from this hippie stripper down at the strip club. they stab your ankle with some kinda snake venom and i hallucinated for five days straight and soaked the goddamn mattress with sweat but afterwards i was alright.

i gave up the chains ever since. all the franchisees have to sign a secret blood contract that means they have to do whatever the corporate office tells them to do or else they get put in a private jail by corporate mercenaries as their assets are seized, and all the big corps have a pact with each other they enforce via the gov't, so they're all in on the game now. don't know how it took 'em this long to figure out that distributing the juice in concentrated soda form instead of chem-trails was the better move but they finally twigged on. fuckin' communists. told my kids to stop going to the mcdonalds and a couple weeks ago i spotted one of their littles with a mcdonalds cup. finally the big break came and we're no longer in each others' lives. i'm just writing my own will, no way i can trust the god drat lawyer to not also be sucking on the gov't teats.

i do still eat out sometimes because the drat woman insists on hitting the video poker, if i don't let her drain my wallet she won't drain my balls, but only at the local bar where i know the owner. and even then i still won't have the soda, just straight liquor for me. i don't think there's any uncompromised soda source any more but the chemjuice doesn't hold up in liquor. it's a shame because i really liked a good cold pepsi but the gov't ruins everything eventually. i can tell the owner doesn't quite believe me but at least i know there's nobody pulling his strings

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the workers got re-trained to use less ice because the syrup formulation got changed to include the same poo poo they spray on us with the chem-trails. less ice means more syrup means more docility imposed on us by big gov't. i knew when they started using less ice that something bad was going down. it didn't take much time to figure it out. i noticed it when i suddenly lost all sense of taste a while back. the god drat media elites would have you think it's the chi-com virus but in reality it's an allergic reaction when you get too much of the sheep juice in you. i immediately put myself through an intense deep-cleanse routine that i heard about from this hippie stripper down at the strip club. they stab your ankle with some kinda snake venom and i hallucinated for five days straight and soaked the goddamn mattress with sweat but afterwards i was alright.

i gave up the chains ever since. all the franchisees have to sign a secret blood contract that means they have to do whatever the corporate office tells them to do or else they get put in a private jail by corporate mercenaries as their assets are seized, and all the big corps have a pact with each other they enforce via the gov't, so they're all in on the game now. don't know how it took 'em this long to figure out that distributing the juice in concentrated soda form instead of chem-trails was the better move but they finally twigged on. fuckin' communists. told my kids to stop going to the mcdonalds and a couple weeks ago i spotted one of their littles with a mcdonalds cup. finally the big break came and we're no longer in each others' lives. i'm just writing my own will, no way i can trust the god drat lawyer to not also be sucking on the gov't teats.

i do still eat out sometimes because the drat woman insists on hitting the video poker, if i don't let her drain my wallet she won't drain my balls, but only at the local bar where i know the owner. and even then i still won't have the soda, just straight liquor for me. i don't think there's any uncompromised soda source any more but the chemjuice doesn't hold up in liquor. it's a shame because i really liked a good cold pepsi but the gov't ruins everything eventually. i can tell the owner doesn't quite believe me but at least i know there's nobody pulling his strings

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
My brother used to refer to a soda cup that was 50% or more ice as "carny style"

I have no idea where this comes from, it doesn't seem to be an actual thing that people say

but when I get a drink that is more ice than soda I still say "No way, they did me carny style. That's hosed up" or something similar.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

WITCHCRAFT posted:

when I get a drink that is more ice than soda I still say "No way, they did me carny style. That's hosed up" or something similar.

And then the people in the car with you look at you like you're a carnie

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Electricity and time are more expensive than the soft drink syrup these days. Its more expensive to make and keep ice than it once was.

The syrup these days costs comparatively nothing.

So drinks have flipped from "heavy on the ice so less syrup is used" to "go easy on the expensive ice".

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

And then the people in the car with you look at you like you're a carnie

That's unrelated

----------------

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

My brother used to refer to a soda cup that was 50% or more ice as "carny style"

I have no idea where this comes from, it doesn't seem to be an actual thing that people say
Carvival Style.

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014
Got Taco Bell the other night. My large Baja Blast had no ice. At all.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gregoire posted:

Got Taco Bell the other night. My large Baja Blast had no ice. At all.

what the gently caress

----------------

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

You got more Baja Blast than normal, and you're complaining?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
the thought of drinking baja blast at any temperature that isn't "ice cold" kinda makes me want to vomit. it's a very syrupy beverage

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

eightysixed posted:

I really depends on the type of ice.

sonic-style chipped ice is superior. fill 'er up.

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yes, correct temperature is very important. no drink sold at a fast food restaurant tastes good at room temp.

----------------

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

indigi posted:

yes, correct temperature is very important. no drink sold at a fast food restaurant tastes good at room temp.

colder the better imo

I also like to suck/chew on the ice once the drink is gone. Yes I know ice machines are disgusting I still do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
one of those stainless steel yeti cups is the best investment a Cold Drink Enjoyer can ever make