Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MRT can't make the thread until later tonight. This is a quick and easy thread until the real one happens. What did you think of AEW Dynamite Grand Slam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

MRT can't make the thread until later tonight. This is a quick and easy thread until the real one happens. What did you think of AEW Dynamite Grand Slam?

I love AEW, Kenny Omega, Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes, Malakai Black, MJF, Brian Pillman Jr, Julia Hart, Sting, Darby Allin, FTR, Ruby Soho and Britt Baker, OP

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQJpyQBShU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

lol

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

cody gets to do lore now because he got misted

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Every loving week it’s the best show yet, and then they just DO IT AGAIN NEXT WEEK

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

wrestling is good.

i want venom cody

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sticky Nate posted:

cody gets to do lore now because he got misted

buddy

cody's been doing lore the whole time

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

loving snitch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

yea ok posted:

Real good show, loving spectacular opening match holy poo poo.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I can almost always find something to nitpick, but I can't for this show. Just a solid home-run of a show and exactly what they needed to do.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thought it was very good TV. Opener obviously stole the show, 2nd best match somehow involved Sting. Heck of a thing

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Pretty good show that kinda struggled for the most part to follow a spectacular opener

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

wrestling good

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

GenghisTron posted:

wrestling is good.

i want venom cody

what's good about cody is that this is 100% within the realm of possibility

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Great night.
Wonderful night.
Basically was a shorter PPV.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

buddy

cody's been doing lore the whole time

yeah, that's his secret. He's always had lore.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

Don't worry, I have a disgusting amount of symphonic and goth rock and metal. But Christian's theme is like 1:1 with a specific Evanescence song, WCW style, and Britt's is a mash-up of two.

Jesus, this made me realize Britts theme is just Ricochet's wwe theme note for note.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
People there right now have 2 more hours of good-rear end wrestling and I'm mad I'm not there :mad:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

too bad Kenny already did the belt collector thing.

because Miro should have all the belts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Great night.
Wonderful night.
Basically was a shorter PPV.

considering the 2 hour Rampage in a couple of days, it's basically a PPV that's split in two halves

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Great show. Loved Bryan/Omega, wish the audience hadn't been so salty. Maybe a countdown timer would have helped? We really should have heard from Bryan after the match I think.

Everything else was great. Cody match could have been tighter with the Arn stuff but it's a minor criticism.

Don't know why the ending of the main left a bitter taste in my mouth, maybe cos it's the same old poo poo with DMD.

Sting looks incredible.

2 hours flew by.

Another win for the good guys

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A wrestling show has not been this consistently entertaining since the peak of the Attitude Era.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hope they appealed to the casual fans tonight. Just kidding

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Alaois posted:

I love AEW, Kenny Omega, Bryan Danielson, Cody Rhodes, Malakai Black, MJF, Brian Pillman Jr, Julia Hart, Sting, Darby Allin, FTR, Ruby Soho and Britt Baker, OP

:same: :same:

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

I enjoyed it a lot. Excited that there's a Mist Guy in the mix now.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i didn't sleep well and have been flagging since the second half started and gave zero shits about the tag match, but sting working his rear end off pumped me the gently caress up

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

yea ok posted:

AEW is the greatest promotion of all time OP

First 6* TV match?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Crazy that the crowd is going to get 2 more hours of that live. I don't know if I could keep my energy up for that. Presumably they've already done Elevation before that too.

I enjoy that not every former-WWE debut match is an immediate big win. Andrade, Punk, Black, and Cole got theirs, but Bryan and Ruby got protected losses/draws that set up big future matches after building some W/L stats.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Something something Brandi's version of the "husband's haunted" meme

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Great show, okay main event. Soho probably needs more time in an AEW ring before her offense looks better, but the match was fine with some pretty good peaks here and there.

Rest of the card was great, even BPJr had a decent showing. Kinda a raw deal to put an up and coming face against someone like MJF who will talk you into a mudhole and then win, but Pillman looked pretty good. I expected the crowd to be dead, but they did their part pretty well.

Stang

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you never thought you'd see this 2 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRVSKXlrTRk

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Sign Julia Hart, Tony

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Great show from start to finish, the segment order was perfect and Sting still rules

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wezlar posted:

AEW is the greatest promotion of all time OP

First 6* TV match?

Was just a measly five in this poster's opinion. Can't go any higher with a god damned pitcher in pitcher break, & it looked like they were stalling a bit anyways so it's not like the Fite gang got something to push it over. Agreed on the first part though

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I can't believe wrestling is this good in TYOOL 2021

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Dick Swiveller posted:

I enjoyed it a lot. Excited that there's a Mist Guy in the mix now.

Yeah amazing show and Kenny/Omega slapped sure but did you all see that mist though?! :allears:

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Man those two hours flew by. AEW crowds are ten times better than WWE crowds.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Incredible night. Ruby should and I think will still take the belt off Britt. DMD is just too hot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

TheHoosier posted:

too bad Kenny already did the belt collector thing.

because Miro should have all the belts

"I am God's Favourite ChampionS"