Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

change your phone auto-lock from the absurd 30 second default to a very good 2 minutes. doesn't even affect battery life that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i had some more but I forgot them

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

use ctrl-r in bash to search your history instead of banging the up key like an idiot
or even install mcfly to achieve the same thing but with more context https://github.com/cantino/mcfly

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

excellent health quality of life tips coming in but let's focus on computer

use authy instead of google authenticator because if you lose or break your phone losing google authenticator means you've just lost all those 2factor codes

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Zam Wesell posted:

a lot of PHONE tips coming from you so far.....

phone is small computer

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

you can use 'nextdns' on your iphone so you can block ads in safari

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

you can mount your linuxes in your windows with this good and free tool
https://github.com/evsar3/sshfs-win-manager

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i have a big and powerful computer with my wife but you can use the command line instead to mount your drives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

you can use outlook web instead of installing outlook and it's fine