Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Good OP and it’s almost time goons. Time to fly the big L flag. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Last three games I bought before release were Star Citizen, Cyberpunk and this, we're all fuckin doomed!

This is a beautiful track record and now I can see clearly now where this game is heading.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I absolutely loath gathering/crafting in games but I can tell you that I enjoy the poo poo out of it in this game.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren: ONE MORE TIME WE'RE GOING ROYLLO AS OF RIGHT NOW:siren:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tempus Thales posted:

We bought Brightwood!!

:getin:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iymarra posted:

I didn't see this answered anywhere but can I play this without engaging in PVP at all? Is it optional, toggle-on or mandatory?

It's toggle and can only be toggled in Settlements or shrines (fast travel locations).

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

totalnewbie posted:

What server did we end up on? Roy whatever?

Yeah, Royllo for US East.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
In this thread waiting on the queue like :munch:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GODDAMN FOOL posted:

I figured I'd check the thread for some tips on how to become the ultra-powerful player

Just give us a few weeks and we'll get it down pact, promise. In the mean time enjoy the thread show. :munch:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Give it a couple days. I haven’t been able to decide what market to corner and what market games I wanna play yet but most of it is building up gold to manipulate the market. Like I saw people undercutting minor health potions so bad earlier today and was mad I didn’t have just like a couple hundred more gold to make a small fortune.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The perks that actually matter come from just being the same faction as the owning company. This game really is all about faction cooperation and owning a settlement is just having your banner fly on a settlement which obviously we must have.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LegoMan posted:

I think anyone who's played in a goon guild should kind of expect drama. I join goon guilds because despite the drama they always eem to end up being a net positive because there's enough nice goons to help out and prop up the rest despite.

This is the truth.

Kaddish posted:

Edit - the avatar change is great, by the way. This is the consequence for getting pissed about petty bullshit, which I suppose is fair.

Yeah at least you're taking it in stride. But video games and people on the internet are things no one should let control their emotions.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fried Sushi posted:

I have a recurring nightmare, where I am running, running as fast as I can, but it is like I am running through quicksand and not getting anywhere. The running speed and animations in this game is my nightmare. It feels like they initially had a sprint speed planned and just kept that animation for the regular jogging speed.

That's exactly what happened. :lol:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VanillaGorilla posted:

To some extent, it kind of feels like this started out more as a test project for the real mass appeal MMO they’re working on - the LOTR project that was in development.

Although now that I’m bringing it up, I can’t remember if they’re still doing that or not. Amazon definitely still has the license.

Edit : lol, they canceled it after their partnership with TenCent fell apart. AGS is such a giant ball of wasted capital.

This is why it’s honestly going to end up being a good investment. Amazon doesn’t have any new games in development that I know of so they’re going to double down on this game and do their absolute best to ensure it doesn’t fail. I could see it legit just being a test for their LOTRO but that’s gone now so they want their money and they seem to understand good game=$$$

There’s not even that much content but if they keep adding it with zones and more ways to PvP I could see goons playing this game for years to come. But we’ll just have to see.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beast British posted:

What spec tree are you running?

All your points should always be Bezerk.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

COINCEL PRO posted:

Is there another east coast or euro TZ group besides the big US East one? Guild officers tossing around slurs like 2010 goons is kinda something I thought we had grown out of.

Could you instead tell us what slurs have been said and who said them? Bringing this up to other guild leaders would be a lot more beneficial to all of us instead of just posting about it for attention so we can get this sorted.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coeurl Marx posted:

I mean, there was a big discussion around it in discord, I doubt nobody who matters saw it. Some guy got asked not to say 'retarded', and instead of just being chill he pulled the typical 'ooh triggered, your tears are so delicious' bullshit. I don't even get that worked up over that particular slur, but what a loving hill to die on lmao.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by mostly only ever playing with FF and wushu goons, the couple of times I've dipped my toes into other groups it always winds up being a weird blast from the past, in a bad way. If this is some recurring theme I wish I'd known, I'd probably have just saved myself $40.

I definitely missed that conversation and I heard about it but I also work a lot so I can’t pay much attention to Discord. I don’t know of any other instances where this has happened to make it that makes someone want to quit the guild but I feel like if it was an occurring theme I would be having issues with it as well and want to leave but I can see discord enough to know that I have not seen slurs being thrown out like it was described.

e: Or maybe with how I work a lot I’m just extremely lucky to be missing it. Please prove me wrong if I am.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 2, 2021

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I know exactly who you’re talking about.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just want to point out there are three goon guilds and two of them don't have TT in them.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ruggan posted:

Maybe name and shame

Someone already did. I'm all about name shaming for poo poo like this but it was already addressed and resolved.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah but most of us are playing on Royllo already and have spent way too long sitting in queue, leveling gathering, etc. to reroll elsewhere and the community is pretty great besides the couple weirdos who really like saying the word retard and having meltdowns about sjws or whatever. I doubt loads of folks are gonna want to start over from scratch when they could just get rid of the problem and keep going.

I actually mean on Royllo. Wreckis and Quillz are leaders of the other two goon guilds and are cool guys.

Jacco posted:

Yeah but they all share the same discord.

True, but there’s so many groups rolling around and a bunch of good goons in there that it can actually be pretty easy to avoid anyone you have an issue with.

I’m just trying to give solutions other than having another great goon split over one person. I really like this game and just want to see us succeed. :(

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coeurl Marx posted:

My concern is that all the big faction warfare and territory control stuff is such a big part of the appeal for me, I worry that any kind of transfer and/or splintering will end up with not enough people to really participate in that a few weeks down the road.

This is exactly what’s going to happen. :smith:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

this is great:
https://twitch.tv/towelliee

Twitch streamer left his stream live as he went to take a nap while waiting on the queue. Meanwhile, drops are enabled, so the guy is getting shut eye while everyone else can just alt-tab out and enjoy easy skin drops.

If I watched streamers I would watch him for being a cool guy.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JuffoWup posted:

Eh, for me, I'm just running him in the background with the volume one step above muted. Just enough to trigger twitch to count my viewing time while not actually viewing. I dunno, just don't have the time ever to randomly tune in to a streamer versus highlight reels on youtube or straight watching something else (been trying to get into invincible for example).

I mean exact same here. Just mostly say that was a cool guy move to just leave his stream open so people could benefit.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

I’m trying to find a good healer build that shows you the talents to select in order so you’re not completely useless. Anyone got one that’s working for them? I was thinking life staff + hatchet.

Check out New World Hub for leveling builds and PvP builds when you've gotten the points.

Life Staff: https://nwhub.gg/life-staff-leveling-build/

Hatchet: https://nwhub.gg/hatchet-leveling-build/

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

If anything your ArcheAge OP proved you’re the best at MMO OPs. :)

But seriously if Arus doesn’t do it I’ll do the new OP when I get home from work tomorrow evening.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

synapse posted:

I'm not rerolling after poopsocking for a week so what we doing lol

We’re going to discuss it and figure it out tomorrow along with making a new OP and discord tomorrow so just hang in there for now. I, too, am not willing to reroll my character. In the meantime if anyone does not want to be in UwU anymore feel free to move over to the other goon guilds.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

should I make the new OP

You can literally just copy pasta (that’s what I was gonna do) and it’ll be fine. I’ll send you the details of the new US East server stuff tomorrow to add into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
New World - $40 for a Tempus ban