Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

Saw a Tiktok the other day that showed how for some reason whenever characters eat tacos on this show they eat them from the top.

Your favorite weird taco eating family is back to provide you more burgers and Burger of the Day hijinks.

And maybe, just maybe....

1: Manic Pixie Crap Show
Louise must pay a debt to Millie by attending the Pixie Princess Promenade; a bouquet in the shape of a dog forces Linda to confront her past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thought it was a pretty strong opening.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just give the belchers a dog already. The cat, steven, needs company

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

cant do that, it would break the status quo.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Haven’t watched the premiere yet, have they changed the voice for Jimmy Pesto after he was in the Jan 6 coup

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Dacap posted:

Haven’t watched the premiere yet, have they changed the voice for Jimmy Pesto after he was in the Jan 6 coup

He wasn't in the episode.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just give the belchers a dog already. The cat, steven, needs company
And let Gene transition!

No matter how hard I tell myself to stop so I can avoid the inevitable disappointment, part of me still hopes they do it it in the movie.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
2: Crystal Mess
In order to help with anxiety about an upcoming oral report, Mr. Frond lends Tina a crystal that his new girlfriend alleges has special powers; Bob and Linda buy a box of imperfect produce and try to use it all before it rots.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That has promise! I love episodes that deal with the foibles of running a small restaurant.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Three new therapy dolls! I love the therapy dolls gag so I was happy to see the Anxiety Society:
Panicky Paul
Nervous Nellie and
Worry Murray

I still think the best one is Distracto Your Friendzo Lorenzo, though.

Nice callback to Peter Pescadero and his breakdancing, too.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I loved the crystal episode, and not just because I remember lace-up jeans being a huge thing that suddenly weren't a thing anymore. And I mean suddenly. It wasn't until this episode that I realized that I haven't seen a pair of lace-up jeans in 10 years or so.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really liked this week’s episode. Also, I don’t know if this is the right place for The Great North discussion, but I thought that had its best episode yet

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

tarlibone posted:

I loved the crystal episode, and not just because I remember lace-up jeans being a huge thing that suddenly weren't a thing anymore. And I mean suddenly. It wasn't until this episode that I realized that I haven't seen a pair of lace-up jeans in 10 years or so.

I don't know that I've every seen any. I was half-assuming they'd made them up.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
3: The Pumpkinening
When a mysterious note is sent to Linda on Halloween, she and Gayle must travel to their hometown to face a wrong they committed 27 years ago.

Hopefully the cowboys/Giants late game doesn't run late.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
It was fun seeing high school Linda and Gayle. It's been 8 years we saw them last (I think) so I was wondering if they'd try the Simpsons thing of sticking them in a new decade for the flashbacks as the show goes on, but it seems like they've kept the late 80s attire.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Only bad thing about belcher halloween means another break after this :(

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Gayle remains the most intensely realistic character in this show and possibly all of television.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it's still weird to me that they do holiday episodes every year and no one ages

how many thanksgivings have we had with the belchers?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

There are so many fictional universes where never aging or progressing seems like a total nightmare but BB doesn't strike me as one of them

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

has Gene always been like this or has the time loop broken him??

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

punishedkissinger posted:

it's still weird to me that they do holiday episodes every year and no one ages

how many thanksgivings have we had with the belchers?

Especially when one of the Thanksgiving episodes was about Bob not being able to accept that Tina was growing and maturing!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I'd believe that Bob makes his family do Thanksgiving on a monthly basis.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I just want to see Bob have a wonderful Thanksgiving without being waylaid by jackassery.

I would have gone with "beset on all sides by idiots," but I like the Belchers.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
4: Driving Big Dummy

Bob gets roped into a road trip with Teddy; Linda and the kids compete for the title of employee of the day.

We get at least this week and next; the 31st is game 5 of the World Series.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
You can tell they were expecting to get more football delays this season.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Shneak posted:

You can tell they were expecting to get more football delays this season.

They've been good so far, I think this is the first episode where cbs has the four o'clock games, but everything has started on time. When we get to November and December, different story.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Maybe Bob and Archer are the same person, making everyone else less effective... :tinfoil:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't imagine anyone saying Gayle is more annoying than Teddy

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hey, they're both single, Linda should fix those two up! They're made for each other!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Milo and POTUS posted:

She absolutely is. There’s a reason they went out of their way to show how many friends Teddy actually has. People like him.

Gayle? :barf:

Edit: This is not to say Teddy isn’t also incredibly annoying, but he has some good character traits. Gayle doesn’t.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 20, 2021

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
5: Seven-tween Again
Gene has a freak-out about growing up and desperately tries to relive his youth; Linda is tempted to try the fancy new hair salon that opened up next to Bob's Burgers, but she's scared of her hairdresser Gretchen's wrath.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This was a great episode

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

This was a great episode

Maybe. Parts of it were OK, but the parts where the Fox 2 weather team kept warning me about storms that totally missed the city I live in? Sorry, I didn't get it. It flew over my head.

I mean, OK, I guess I should applaud Bob's Burgers for getting weirdly--nay, personally--meta in an effort to keep the comedy fresh, but that was just a little too weird. And the reruns will be awkward, that's for sure.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I liked Driving Big Dummy a lot. I enjoyed the moment of humility for Bob at the end. Teddy's a handyman though, are you telling me he doesn't have some duct tape in his truck to fix the window?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Didn’t teddy used to have a blue truck?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What all are the episodes where bob takes painkillers? Beach house and burgerboss episodes for sure

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What all are the episodes where bob takes painkillers? Beach house and burgerboss episodes for sure

Halloween episode with the wolf as well

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I guess Bill Hader is too good now to voice Mickey. :(

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Thanks Google for leading me astray

7: Beach, Please

When the Belcher kids participate in a beach clean-up for Wagstaff Volunteer Day, Louise gets drawn into a battle of wits with Mr. Fischoeder. Meanwhile, Teddy surprises Bob and Linda with a new look.

ow! tangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigE
Nov 26, 2004

Oh, ye of little faith.
Here's an update on Mickey...

https://twitter.com/lorenbouchard/status/1458230218573844481