Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
21: Some Like It Bot Part 1: Eighth Grade Runner
When Tina's new shirt is ridiculed by Tammy and Jocelyn in a Wagstaff News segment called "Wow or Weird," she goes to her fantasy world and writes about a futuristic world in which she is a robot.

Part two is next week, also the season finale:
22: Some Like It Bot Part 2: Judge-bot Day
When Tina's family read her erotic friend fiction, they find out what she's up to and try to stop her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
This Blade runner homage is excellent so far.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The music is spot on. Also I guess this is just the rest of the episode?

Edit: or not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was the best episode in years, drat. Loved the Blade Runner’d visuals too. Looking forward to next week!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I used to think $5.95 was a ridiculous price for a burger. This show has been so long that now its a very decent price.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really liked those end credits.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
This episode was good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Renewed for season 13.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
So that movie is coming out in less than a week and I've yet to see a single piece of marketing for it. It is like a proper in cinema release, right?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beartaco posted:

So that movie is coming out in less than a week and I've yet to see a single piece of marketing for it. It is like a proper in cinema release, right?

Correct. I've seen a ton of commercials for it, usually on fx or the other channels where it's syndicated.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
It think advertising has been pretty targeted, but have seen a few billboards and lots of youtube ads for it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've seen a ton of ads for it and there's even bus shelter ads for it in my neighbourhood.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I just heard an ad for it on the newest episode of How Did This Get Made. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard an ad for a movie during a podcast.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
There's video ads all over the nyc subway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Shoulda gotten hefty kids in burger outfits to play fart noises at people

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Apparently they're just not marketing it here in NZ. I asked the goons in a local discord if they'd seen any advertising, one person was at the cinema recently and saw a poster there but that's it. Most of them were surprised there was a Bob's Burgers movie coming out this week.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Seen a bit of marketing here in Australia, but no real buzz.

Wife and I went and saw it tonight, only a handful of us in the cinema. Is there a review thread, or spoiler tag anything in here?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Go ahead and use spoiler tags in this thread. I'm going to go see it in a couple hours myself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked it. The animation can come off as a little weird in the dance numbers where you're seeing the characters move in ways they've never done before but overall it isn't too distracting. I thought the scene near the end where Bob and Linda tell Louise where her hat came from and why it looks like it does was very sweet.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

muscles like this! posted:

I liked it. The animation can come off as a little weird in the dance numbers where you're seeing the characters move in ways they've never done before but overall it isn't too distracting. I thought the scene near the end where Bob and Linda tell Louise where her hat came from and why it looks like it does was very sweet.

Did you feel like there were any sound mixing issues with the songs? I felt that at times the music was drowning out the vocals and had no idea what was being sung. Credit where it's due though because they're not professional singers.

I enjoyed it. Had a lot of heart and some lovely call-backs to the show which my partner and I loved spotting for each other. My hardest laugh was Zeke and Jimmy Pesto Jr. In the cafeteria.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No I didn't have that problem at all. I think the only song I had issue with was David Wain's but that was mostly because he's an awful singer. (Or at least trying to sing high notes is something he shouldn't do)

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

So is there any reason to see it in a theatre?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not really. It doesn't do anything that really requires seeing it on a big screen.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I'll probably hold out for a couple weeks and see it as a $5 matinee when no one else is in the theater, I am curious to see high it gets on this weekends box office though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

muscles like this! posted:

No I didn't have that problem at all. I think the only song I had issue with was David Wain's but that was mostly because he's an awful singer. (Or at least trying to sing high notes is something he shouldn't do)

I could not tell what the hell he was saying. His singing was terrible. Other than that loved the film. They went pretty hard on the animations. I teared up with how Louise’s hat was made. I was kinda hoping Mickey was his original voice actor but oh well. The way they use Jimmy Petso was hilarious.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I'm glad I saw it on the big screen personally. It's a totally different feel, and it was nice to hear other cinema goers also laughing along.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Very cute movie. Long episode with more songs which is all I expected or wanted. Some good laughs and sweet moments. Hooray!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The Movie is great. The flouncy choreography and the depth of field really elevate the animation. The opening number is one of their best but I'm surprised at how few songs were in it overall.

The plot is fun despite retreading some previous stories, and it got unexpectedly dark. The villain was obvious because there's no way they'd imprison or kill of the main Fischoeders in a movie, though I suppose the movie advanced some character developments. I'm really surprised they didn't show us Louise without her ears. I was thinking she'd use it to extinguish the fuse or something.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I figure that we will never see whats under the hat, Louise is the successor to Edd’s hair :v

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Unfortunately timed reference to Ray liotta in the great north lol

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The movie was a lot of fun, definitely appreciated the animation on a big screen.

Regarding the plot: It did follow the Wonder Warf two parter pretty closely. I wonder if it was originally planned as the movie and they had to change plans somewhere along the way.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Movie soundtrack is up on Apple Music (and probably other places too).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Zero One posted:

Movie soundtrack is up on Apple Music (and probably other places too).

Its been on Spotify for a few days, albeit without one song (because it spoils the ending). Gotta check if that one is on now.

edit: Nope, that song is not on Spotify.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I didn’t know there was a short. They didnt play that at my theater

https://youtu.be/zcGrf_fa9wc

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

I didn’t know there was a short. They didnt play that at my theater

https://youtu.be/zcGrf_fa9wc

I saw this on TV before the release, so I think it was a promotional thing rather than something that ran before the movie.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Any idea on where this lands on streaming? Disney+?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Hulu, maybe. Most of the Fox animation has ended up there.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Shneak posted:

The villain was obvious because there's no way they'd imprison or kill of the main Fischoeders in a movie, though I suppose the movie advanced some character developments.

Yeah I was hoping they would do something a little creative considering the adult following this show has, smarten it up a bit, but they just played it safe.

It was definitely slow in parts but there were a few really good laughs in there. I didn't care for most of the songs (David Wain was unintelligible in his at the end) although the lucky duck song was good. They really didn't use too many characters. Was hoping skating-in-briefs guy (does he even have a name?) would get a nice one-liner or marshmellow would show up. Just seemed like a lot of plots were filler, especially Tina's.

If you're going to the theater there is a post credits scene, but I wouldn't stick around.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I thought David Wain's unintelligible, far-out-of-his-range singing was intentional and hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I thought David Wain's unintelligible, far-out-of-his-range singing was intentional and hilarious

This is how I took it as well but it's always a risk when your joke amounts to "isn't this annoying?"

ChesterJT posted:

Was hoping skating-in-briefs guy (does he even have a name?) would get a nice one-liner or marshmellow would show up. Just seemed like a lot of plots were filler, especially Tina's.

If you're going to the theater there is a post credits scene, but I wouldn't stick around.

Felt the same way about Tina, I guess it was an excuse to bring back Paul Rudd if nothing else. Marshmallow is one of the people dancing during the credits, which is a cute way to include characters who didn't get a role in the movie.