Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
My two dogs, and I guess its good to have a job in these times. Not much else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Poohs Packin posted:

Ive busted my rear end at a new career and experienced some heavy imposter syndrome this past year, but I got a raise recently and feel pretty validated.

Also:

That is, without a doubt, the most realistic Furby I have ever seen.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

- I presented some big projects to my company's c suite and they were all super impressed and excited to use them
- Nearly finished converting my living room into a listening room / home theater
- Finished an art project that took a few weeks on and off to make

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Oh yeah, I remember you. Those designs were really neat, and the final product looks awesome!

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I like that first big poo poo in the morning after you've had a coffee and have moved around a bit. It comes out so effortlessly and you feel so much better afterwards.

I just know it's gonna be a good day after my morning constitution.

hell yeah :hfive:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Knot My President! posted:

- I presented some big projects to my company's c suite and they were all super impressed and excited to use them
- Nearly finished converting my living room into a listening room / home theater
- Finished an art project that took a few weeks on and off to make

Yo, I got that lamp. What up lamp buddy.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

My sister spoiled her birthday gift, but only because she saw it in my search history and called me into the room to gush over it. :3:

What was it?? .. if that's okay to ask.

(i feel good about being polite and respecting people's boundaries)

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Shinmera posted:

It's pretty rare for me to be happy with what I make, so I imagine this won't last long .... lol!

I feel good about goons that can express themselves artistically, insanely jealous, but good. I can do some pretty lovely stick figures. Oh, and abstract, lol

Honestly, not a lot of goodness in my current life situation, but I make do, and that's pretty good :)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This is dumb and I'll update with pictures in a bit but I have completed a hammer handle for a hammer that's roughly 100 years old. Decided since it was such a unique piece it deserved a unique handle. I feel really great about the level of craftsmanship I brought to bare on this simple utilitarian object. It's given me the confidence to make a new handle for one of my high carbon kitchen knives that has always been awesome EXCEPT for the lovely handle. Already have it halfway done. Feeling loving good, goons.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy
I always wanted to learn Finnish and I’m now at 200+ day streak in duolingo, and I have finished the Finnish course up to level 3. I bought a book for advanced intermediate Finnish on Amazon and it’s out of my league right now but I am sure I will get to that level eventually. Just wanted to flex a bit 💪🇫🇮

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
I make memes in a group of people and after buggering me for some time I got a patreon, and I guess you can say I make memes profesionally now that I get paid for it which honestly feels so. loving. Weird.
Especially since I really don't like taking money for things I make for fun :v:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
As promised, a hammer handle:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Oh yeah, I remember you. Those designs were really neat, and the final product looks awesome!

Thank you :) Gotta figure out how to put them on the walls now haha

kntfkr posted:

Yo, I got that lamp. What up lamp buddy.

I was researching lamps for hours, saw that, and immediately hit "buy". I was a bit fearful if I made the right choice since it is pretty solidly expensive. Zero ragrets :hfive:

blight rhino posted:

I feel good about goons that can express themselves artistically, insanely jealous, but good. I can do some pretty lovely stick figures. Oh, and abstract, lol

Honestly, not a lot of goodness in my current life situation, but I make do, and that's pretty good :)

Stick figures own man, a large part of art for me is reproducing the world around and inside you with your own flaws and flair. If you make a stick figure and it makes you or someone you know happy to see it then you've successfully arted and that rules

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Literally A Ghost posted:

As promised, a hammer handle:

Hell yeah, look at this loving thing.

How does one go about making a handle?

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
In October (Halloween season) people should be able to wear a pumpkin on their heads instead of a helmet in required circumstances (motorcycle riding and so forth etc...)

I feel good about this idea.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
My wife appreciated the sandwich I just made for her breakfast or lunch whichever she prefers

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I feel good about building a shed, did everything except the excavation of the site on my own, and a lot of it by hand. I was particularly proud that I got up three massive beams into the air on my own.

I got this old hewing axe, restored it, and hewed the logs square that hold up the roof above. The logs came from trees felled on my yard.

I feel pretty good about this project. Ok it needs panelling yet but I am waiting because wood prices are crazy.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I bought a bunch of insulation foam with the intent of making Halloween decorations out of it. I'm not generally very artistically skilled, but I've managed to make a bunch of tombstones and a spooky well with it already. This may be the greatest step I've ever taken in my Halloween decorating, I can't get over how easily you can make make foam look like aged rock with just a few coats of paint and some strategic weathering.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

blight rhino posted:

You, too, can do it, just takes a time to get any good at it. If it's something you'd like to do though, go for it!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

sigher posted:

Hell yeah, look at this loving thing.

How does one go about making a handle?

It's pretty simple actually. I chose a nice piece of wood, in this case some holly I lumbered at the beginning of the year. I cut out the general shape of the handle on the bandsaw. After that files of various shapes and sizes are used to get it into the exact shape. From there I used a little metal wedge to connect the head to the handle and spent a few days sanding, buffing, finishing and repeating until it was polished.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

His Divine Shadow posted:

I feel good about building a shed, did everything except the excavation of the site on my own, and a lot of it by hand. I was particularly proud that I got up three massive beams into the air on my own.

I got this old hewing axe, restored it, and hewed the logs square that hold up the roof above. The logs came from trees felled on my yard.

I feel pretty good about this project. Ok it needs panelling yet but I am waiting because wood prices are crazy.

Kermithaus

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

His Divine Shadow posted:

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This, this I feel good about :